HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

vCash: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
howard plus jurco for luongo..
We don't really have a need for Howard, but if we could flip Howard for a top-6 forward, then I would do something like that.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:12 PM
Numbers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg4Captain View Post
howard plus jurco for luongo..
Vancouver
Franzen
Tatar or Nyquist
Frattin

Toronto
Howard

Detroit
Luongo
Ballard
2nd Tor

Old
01-25-2013, 05:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Vancouver
Franzen
Tatar or Nyquist
Frattin

Toronto
Howard

Detroit
Luongo
Ballard
2nd Tor
Howard for Frattin + 2nd? Toronto makes a killing here. I would make it:

Vancouver:
Franzen
Jurco/Ouellet
Detroit 2nd

Detroit:
Luongo
Gunnarsson
Macarthur

Toronto:
Howard

Old
01-25-2013, 05:20 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

Vancouver
Franzen
Jurco/Ouellet
Detroit 2nd

Detroit:
Luongo
Gunnarsson
Macarthur

Toronto:
Howard
Detroit makes a killing here and too many roster players removers from Toronto.

Vancouver
Franzen
Tatar or Nyquist
Frattin

Toronto
Howard

Detroit
Luongo
Gunnarson

Old
01-25-2013, 05:23 PM
Steamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I am going to try to be fair to you. Lets be reasonable shall we?

I have been involved with the NHL in the same way as you have. However, I have been doing so since 1977.

So it comes down to a simple choice really. Which is more reasonable.

1) Your assertion that I am 'uneducated' in spite of the fact I was your age 20 to 30 years ago and was discussing issues just like this 20 or 30 years ago.

2) My assertion that I know what I am talking about. I have vast experience that you do not have because of the aforementioned time I have put into the game that you have not because you were not alive yet.

Which is more likely. In fact, which is almost a certainty?

The only way you could possibly be right is to be some kind of Svengali or prodigy or genius that can possibly make up for decades of experience. I have never heard of it but , whatever floats your boat.

To come at this from a position of bias and emotion is a mistake. We need to be reasonable about his value to another team. Luongo is still a good goalie but he is not a top 10 goalie nor is he an 'elite' goalie. More importantly, he carries a contract that is just too much to bear for many teams.

Gillis has even stated himself he has lots of deals ............if we take back an albatross contract player.

But most of all, few teams really need a goalie so badly they are willing to deal with the contract and part with any appreciable assets. In particular one of those teams must be on Luongos trade list. Again, Gillis stipulated that Luongo has to agree to the trade.

Both Luongo and Schneider are #1 goalies and this idea they are going to continue to split their duties without prejudice is unrealistic regardless of the platitudes for the camera.

All of these facts assures every other GM the canucks are not in a position of strength in this matter. To suggest otherwise is again, in my opinion, is wishful thinking

Getting a team to agree to take Luongo without taking a similiar albatross contract back would be a feat unto itself. My suggestion to get 2 prospects, regardless if they meet your standard of superstardom or not, and a first round draft pick is a very good deal for the canucks. And its also fair for the team taking Luongo because of he will become a liability eventually.

So, go ahead and pray Luongo regains his vezina form as unlikely as it would be. It wont improve his trade value but it will be good for us as long as he is a Canuck still.
Sorry to break it to you Wizerman, but your posts are merely OPINION! I have been watching hockey since 1965, I saw Hull, Orr in their prime and by definition outrank you in knowledge. I am also well educated, travelled and reasonably cultured, and everything I post is opinion only. I understand your frustration with younger fans lack of perspective. However, you cannot make blanket statements about Luingo and when he will stop being elite. When exactly did Marty Brodeur cease being elite, or how about Johnny Bower? I have great respect for NFITO, because his posts are generally excellent even if I sometimes disagree, he recognizes the difference between fact and opinion. You, sadly, at least based on your posts, do not. Nobody here is a GM, so everything is just the opinion of armchair quarterbacks. This is why so many Maple Joke and Canuck fans are so irritating, they think they know. Ease off and accept the trolls, they provide comic relief between the well thought out posts.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:43 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Detroit makes a killing here and too many roster players removers from Toronto.

Vancouver
Franzen
Tatar or Nyquist
Frattin

Toronto
Howard

Detroit
Luongo
Gunnarson
I doubt the leafs trade Frattin and Gunnarsson for Howard. Very nice proposal though... closest thing to a legitimate trade I've seen. Gunnarsson and MacArthur perhaps

Old
01-25-2013, 05:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
Fire Benning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
I doubt the leafs trade Frattin and Gunnarsson for Howard. Very nice proposal though... closest thing to a legitimate trade I've seen. Gunnarsson and MacArthur perhaps

Quote:

Vancouver:
Franzen
Jurco/Ouellet
Detroit 2nd

Detroit:
Luongo
Gunnarsson
Macarthur

Toronto:
Howard

Old
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
MikeK

vCash: 50
I don't see how the Leafs can make a deal for Luongo unless it's a 3-way trade involving another team. The Leafs just don't have anything Vancouver would want. I really don't think T.O. is a realistic destination for Luongo. If Washington continues to struggle in net i could see them jumping into it.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:55 PM
TieClark

Quote:
lol doh... I like your deal better than

Old
01-25-2013, 06:13 PM
Numbers

Quote:
lol doh... I like your deal better than
His deal favours Detroit too much. MacArthur is much more important to Leafs this year then Frattin, so I don't think Nonis would trade him after injury to Lupul.

I would swap Frattin with:

Finn
Or
Biggs
Or
Percy + 2nd
Or
Colbourne + 2nd

Old
01-25-2013, 06:22 PM
TieClark

Quote:
His deal favours Detroit too much. MacArthur is much more important to Leafs this year then Frattin, so I don't think Nonis would trade him after injury to Lupul.

I would swap Frattin with:

Finn
Or
Biggs
Or
Percy + 2nd
Or
Colbourne + 2nd
Not a chance. MacArthur while a solid top 6 winger is essentially a stop gap for the Leafs with Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Frattin, Kadri etc. all vying for a top 6 role. Frattin is far more valuable to the Leafs

Old
01-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamer View Post
Sorry to break it to you Wizerman, but your posts are merely OPINION! I have been watching hockey since 1965, I saw Hull, Orr in their prime and by definition outrank you in knowledge. I am also well educated, travelled and reasonably cultured, and everything I post is opinion only. I understand your frustration with younger fans lack of perspective. However, you cannot make blanket statements about Luingo and when he will stop being elite. When exactly did Marty Brodeur cease being elite, or how about Johnny Bower? I have great respect for NFITO, because his posts are generally excellent even if I sometimes disagree, he recognizes the difference between fact and opinion. You, sadly, at least based on your posts, do not. Nobody here is a GM, so everything is just the opinion of armchair quarterbacks. This is why so many Maple Joke and Canuck fans are so irritating, they think they know. Ease off and accept the trolls, they provide comic relief between the well thought out posts.

Everyone has an opinion. However going around telling others ........you are uninformed......goes beyond opinion. So I set him straight .I laid out a pretty simple and respectful reasoning as to why its not reasonable to just pigeonhole someone as 'uninformed'

I know what I am talking about when it comes to Luongo. I am no GM, but I am not 'uniformed' as your young friend insisted suggested. He cannot know that.

He says that if I disagree with him I must be uninformed? That cant make any sense.

As someone of your age must know, only people who are intelligent see intelligence in others. Only people who are stupid see other people as stupid, or 'uninformed' .

Just as people who are happy see the beauty in the world, while unhappy people see the pain and misery.

Your friend does not seem to have any concept outside of what he wants to believe. That is a mistake common in youth.

I dont know too many people who have EXCELLENT posts (as you claim) who then childishly fly off the handle and point the finger at those who disagree with them.They dont go hand in hand.

Luonog imay not be Brodeur or Johnny Bower. And for every one who is like this, there is 100 goalies who were NEVER great past 40. You should know that. Thinking he has to be a Brodeur would have to be wishful thinking and at your age you should KNOW that.

Luongo is not an 'elite' goalie now. He is a solid goalie now. How much do you pay for a SOLID goalie who is getting older and older and you are stuck with him for 10 years.

Most importantly, no professional GM is going to buy the 'hes going to play until hes in his 40s ...........

He cant BANK on that . But again, you should know that. You have to take these things into consideration.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Not a chance. MacArthur while a solid top 6 winger is essentially a stop gap for the Leafs with Kessel, Lupul, JVR, Frattin, Kadri etc. all vying for a top 6 role. Frattin is far more valuable to the Leafs
Fair enough. I think Howard is worth Gunnarson and Frattin, he is a #1 goalie after all. I would also swap Frattin for a 2nd + 3rd.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Steamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
Everyone has an opinion. However going around telling others ........you are uninformed......goes beyond opinion. So I set him straight .I laid out a pretty simple and respectful reasoning as to why its not reasonable to just pigeonhole someone as 'uninformed'

I know what I am talking about when it comes to Luongo. I am no GM, but I am not 'uniformed' as your young friend insisted suggested. He cannot know that.

He says that if I disagree with him I must be uninformed? That cant make any sense.

As someone of your age must know, only people who are intelligent see intelligence in others. Only people who are stupid see other people as stupid, or 'uninformed' .
"No sorry not true. My brother has a higher I Q than me, but feels I am stupid because I won't accept his intolerant views"

Your friend does not seem to have any concept outside of what he wants to believe. That is a mistake common in youth.
"Nope no friend of mine!"
I dont know too many people who have EXCELLENT posts (as you claim) who then childishly fly off the handle and point the finger at those who disagree with them.They dont go hand in hand.

Luonog imay not be Brodeur or Johnny Bower. And for every one who is like this, there is 100 goalies who were NEVER great past 40. You should know that. Thinking he has to be a Brodeur would have to be wishful thinking and at your age you should KNOW that.
Why, you insist he won't, whereas, I simply admit I don't know!

Luongo is not an 'elite' goalie now. He is a solid goalie now. How much do you pay for a SOLID goalie who is getting older and older and you are stuck with him for 10 years.
By your definition he isn't. Are you God who knows all?
Most importantly, no professional GM is going to buy the 'hes going to play until hes in his 40s ...........

He cant BANK on that . But again, you should know that. You have to take these things into consideration.
"Your first point is well taken, calling you uninformed is an ignorant opinion. However, most of your post is intolerant opinion.
My phone won't let me quote properly so I have added quotation marks to indicate my comments. My advice, take a Valium or don't bother posting or change your intolerant attitude or you will be dismissed as a troll."

Old
01-25-2013, 06:39 PM
CellarDweller0

Quote:
Vancouver
Franzen
Tatar or Nyquist
Frattin

Toronto
Howard

Detroit
Luongo
Ballard
2nd Tor
Big "No ****ing thanks" from Toronto

Old
01-25-2013, 06:46 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CellarDweller0 View Post
Big "No ****ing thanks" from Toronto
Howard not worth Frattin + 2nd?

What you think is fair value?

Old
01-25-2013, 07:02 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Howard not worth Frattin + 2nd?

What you think is fair value?
Ok, not a TO fan, but my guess, is he is a UFA, although if I thought I could sign him at a reasonable number I would. Trading from your strengths on wing, would hurt to lose Frattin, but you have lots of guys there.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:41 PM
marty111

So mystery team is???

Deal on the table waiting for one player on their end?

Not sure I believe Mr. Gillis anymore.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:44 PM
rune74

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
So mystery team is???

Waiting generally means you have to wait.

Old
01-25-2013, 07:56 PM
ronnyweed

gillis is still waiting for the refs to call penalties fair in the finals - no way he resolves the luongo issue before his penalty tirade. Luongo is a draft day deal.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:18 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by rune74 View Post
Waiting generally means you have to wait.
Oh I got it... pending means as long as Gillis wants it to mean because he was just trying to pump the market and really doesn't have a deal done.

Well I guess it's my fault for not using common sense and trusting most people's opinions in here.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:20 PM
rune74

Quote:
Oh I got it... pending means as long as Gillis wants it to mean because he was just trying to pump the market and really doesn't have a deal done.

Well I guess it's my fault for not using common sense and trusting most people's opinions in here.
Wow, or maybe the market gets better every day after some pathetic goal tending like last night on a few different teams. Or, there isn't a huge rush like some fans want there to be.

Seems tampa and ottawa are getting pathetic goal tending too

Old
01-25-2013, 08:32 PM
chopkins
Super Bowl Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I don't see how the Leafs can make a deal for Luongo unless it's a 3-way trade involving another team. The Leafs just don't have anything Vancouver would want. I really don't think T.O. is a realistic destination for Luongo. If Washington continues to struggle in net i could see them jumping into it.
Yes they do. Kadri and Gardiner to name a couple.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:33 PM
jimmythescot

Quote:

It could be that they're waiting on an injured player to recover, or they want to try and sign an uninvolved player to an extension before giving away a plan b for the position, or the other team wants to make sure their goaltending isn't good enough or any other countless reasons to hold up a 'done deal'.

Old
01-25-2013, 08:35 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
So mystery team is???

Personally I think it's Philly and bryz, and they are waiting until the offseason. Gillis is hoping to get a deal done sooner.

Closed Thread