HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 11:46 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus74 View Post
Ok.. I'll bite...

To Vancouver... Pittsburghs #1, Leafs #2 and Tim Connolly
To Pitts... Kulemin + Vancouver #3
To Leafs.. Luongo
would like Bozak instead of Connolly, cause I doubt Connolly cracks our lineup either

Old
01-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
we'll throw in a former third overall pick then (Barker) cause draft position is what matters
Beat you to it.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:48 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Beat you to it.

Im so disappointed in myself

Old
01-26-2013, 11:49 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

vCash: 797
Quote:
I take it you didn't read where it said "playoff conditional" 1st. Kulemin is a very borderline top-6 forward, which is why I'd want a better futures aspect.
We value Kulie pretty highly. If you don't than he doesn't make much sense in trade discussions. He is great along the boards and a beast defensively any offense he adds is a bonus.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:51 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
We value Kulie pretty highly. If you don't than he doesn't make much sense in trade discussions. He is great along the boards and a beast defensively any offense he adds is a bonus.
you guys should keep Kule, he's not a significant upgrade on what we have right now and doesn't fit a dire need for us. He is much more valuable to you guys

Old
01-26-2013, 11:54 AM
syc

vCash: 500
Why all these offers? Didn't Vancouver media report last week they had a deal in place but the other team just had to trade a player before the deal will go through?

Just what everyone but Canuck fans figured, Gillis was blowing smoke to get a better deal. Canuck fans can't hate Burke that much anymore seeing as Gillis is now using the same tactics. lol

Old
01-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Fair enough, but being great defensively and only able to chip in occasional offense is basically the definition of a solid bottom-6 forward. He may be able to bounce back to scoring at a top-6 rate, but there's also a good chance he doesn't. Which is why I don't value him as much. I'd perfectly understand why the Leafs want to keep him, though.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:56 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc View Post
Why all these offers? Didn't Vancouver media report last week they had a deal in place but the other team just had to trade a player before the deal will go through?

Just what everyone but Canuck fans figured, Gillis was blowing smoke to get a better deal. Canuck fans can't hate Burke that much anymore seeing as Gillis is now using the same tactics. lol
how bout we let the Luongo situation resolve before we make assumptions about gillis?

Old
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
you guys should keep Kule, he's not a significant upgrade on what we have right now and doesn't fit a dire need for us. He is much more valuable to you guys
He really is one of those guys who has much more value to his own team than he does to others.

That hasn't stopped his name form coming up all the time in trade proposals from people who think they can buy low on him.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:00 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Fair enough, but being great defensively and only able to chip in occasional offense is basically the definition of a solid bottom-6 forward. He may be able to bounce back to scoring at a top-6 rate, but there's also a good chance he doesn't. Which is why I don't value him as much. I'd perfectly understand why the Leafs want to keep him, though.
I completely understand why people around the league value him the way that they do. They just have to understand when they ask about him how we value him.

Kulie's name comes up every couple of days on this board by people thinking they can buy low on him.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
I completely understand why people around the league value him the way that they do. They just have to understand when they ask about him how we value him.

Kulie's name comes up every couple of days on this board by people thinking they can buy low on him.
The thing is, that only leaves Kessel, Lupul(injured), and JVR as viable targets that would improve our roster.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Stats01

Quote:
If Kadri comes off the table, the 2013 first must go on it imo
Nope

Old
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
LPH

Quote:
He really is one of those guys who has much more value to his own team than he does to others.

That hasn't stopped his name form coming up all the time in trade proposals from people who think they can buy low on him.
Not directed to you, but I find if funny that a lot of fans never know when to "sell high" on their players, they just become untouchable but everyone tosses players struggling into proposals and do t realize that they are selling low

I like Kuleman and think he will bounce back, but I see him as a physical Raymond and we don't move Luongo for a relatively small upgrade

Old
01-26-2013, 12:05 PM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
only want lou if we give up meh parts. the ship has sailed

Old
01-26-2013, 12:06 PM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Nope
then that package might get you Howard's ufa rights at the end of the season

Old
01-26-2013, 12:08 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
only want lou if we give up meh parts. the ship has sailed
wait; so the ship that would have you give up "meh" plays for Luongo has sailed?
Well now we're cooking, okay what are we talking? JVR? Kessel?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:10 PM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
The thing is, that only leaves Kessel, Lupul(injured), and JVR as viable targets that would improve our roster.
Im open to trading anyone in the right deal. We just have to find a way to get on the same page about player value.

If a team wants Kulie or anyone else in a deal that helps the team in the long and short term alright but we have to be able to come close to a consensus on that players value. And if Kulie projects to be a third liner he projects to be a very good 3rd liner. And I think a great 3rd liner holds more value than an average top 6er.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Stats01

Quote:
then that package might get you Howard's ufa rights at the end of the season
What makes you think you can get a first round pick from anyone? Please explain. First round picks are like gold these days, they are the foundation of a farm system, Luongo may be elite for another 2-3 years but that doesn't mean you give up cheap affordable elite blue chip talent for it.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Stats01

Only way I would give up a first round pick or a blue chipper like Gardiner is if I'm getting a young elite player back for a position that we are not deep in.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:13 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
I guess you werent listening when Gillis said a trade did not have to necessarily make you better, just different ?

Old
01-26-2013, 12:14 PM
LPH

Quote:
What makes you think you can get a first round pick from anyone? Please explain. First round picks are like gold these days, they are the foundation of a farm system, Luongo may be elite for another 2-3 years but that doesn't mean you give up cheap affordable elite blue chip talent for it.
Paul Gaustad.... Paul Gaustad

Old
01-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Im open to trading anyone in the right deal. We just have to find a way to get on the same page about player value.

If a team wants Kulie or anyone else in a deal that helps the team in the long and short term alright but we have to be able to come close to a consensus on that players value. And if Kulie projects to be a third liner he projects to be a very good 3rd liner. And I think a great 3rd liner holds more value than an average top 6er.
That may be so, but our bottom-6 depth is fine, so to add another chippy grinder isn't that much of an improvement for us. If JVR were on the table, then I could see a deal being worked out with the Leafs, but otherwise, I just don't think there's any possible deal to be worked out between us.

Old
01-26-2013, 12:16 PM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
At the deadline, for a playoff team, they are not as golden as you think. Paul Gaustad was traded for a 1st round pick last season at the deadline. If he can fetch a 1st then surely Luongo can.

Old
Stats01

Quote:
Yeah that was a panic move by a team that knew it had to do something for Weber and Suter to tell them hey we're trying to win.

Old
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
HAHA... you beat me to it. I just mentioned him.

Closed Thread