HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft 2013

Closed Thread

Old
06-20-2013, 09:16 PM
zac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
The Blackhawks have plenty of players that could be traded on draft day:

Bolland
Brookbank
Carcillo

Frolik
Montador (ya I know it's a stretch)
Nobody wants these players. Hard to trade something nobody wants.

Seabrook should be shopped to see what offers he could fetch. He's a wretched dman for 5.8 milion per season.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Interesting...I know JJ's track record isn't the best with rumors and such, but he claims that the Hawks are aggressively shopping Nick Leddy. This comes out on the day when Leddy seems to have joined Stalberg in Q's doghouse.
I don't believe it

If the Hawks were to move Leddy ,, Only reasonable deal would involve a young #2C coming Hawks way

Quote:
Originally Posted by zac View Post
Nobody wants these players. Hard to trade something nobody wants.

Seabrook should be shopped to see what offers he could fetch. He's a wretched dman for 5.8 milion per season.
If Hawks put Carcillo or Brookbank on waivers someone would take them ,, Neither is that terrible

Both as depth players in NHL would draw interest

Old
06-20-2013, 09:26 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...3#.UcOrkowo59A

Since we are talking about JJ I figure I would post this for his credibility debate

Guy has sources on par with all of us

Old
06-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?p...3#.UcOrkowo59A

Since we are talking about JJ I figure I would post this for his credibility debate

Guy has sources on par with all of us
He just tries to throw **** at the wall to see what sticks.

Typical blog blowhard with an over inflated opinion of himself. He's got to find some way to keep all 6 of his posters coming back.

Old
06-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

On bright side he has stopped his trade Kane at all costs crusade of recent years

Old
06-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
On bright side he has stopped his trade Kane at all costs crusade of recent years
He's just not as vocal about it, you can tell he still doesn't like Kane. Kane can have a night like he did last night and he'll find a way to downplay it or nitpick a mistake. He's been fostering this idea of flipping Kane to FLA for the 2nd overall pick that's quite popular over there.

Last edited by Hawks82: 06-21-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Old
06-20-2013, 10:00 PM
madgoat33

I'd gladly trade 2nd overall in pretty much every draft for kane.

Old
06-20-2013, 10:07 PM
hawksfan50

I would rather keep Bickell than not trade Leddy if that is part of the cap problem...Leddy Might be better defensively with more experience and weight room work...But that is a might..yes he has great speed but so does Stalberg and a lot of good that does..will Leddy be as good as Keith defensively in a few years? Will Leddy be a great Pp guy and offensive elire D-man? OR WILL HR.BE A PERPETUAL 3RD PAIR ONLY GUY WHO WILTS IF GIVEN TOO MANY MINUTES,WHO CANNOT SHUT DOWN ANYONE,WHO IS TOO WEAK AND SMALL AND GETS OVERPOWERED...COUGHING.UP PUCKS THAT RESULT IN GOALS AGAINST? IS HE THAT GREAT OFFENSIVELY TO OFFSET THE D FLAWS? IF NOT...THEN WHY KEEP HIM.. MAYBE they prefer Clendenning's attributes in the lineup instead...not as fast as Leddy but seems to have better hockdy sense...and is older and more matured..If he gets ovrrpowered like Leddy but not worse..but is a better offensive point producrr that offsets such cases of ovrrpowering leading to goals against..and if he reads plays better and gets to the rivht spots better..then you put him in the.lineup...they cannot go with Keith.Leddy and Clendennig...too small on D now...cannot add.more small..so Leddy Or Clrndenning...maybe.our top brass have decided it is going to be Clendenning..so Leddy OuGHT to be traded for value Now. Even if there were no cap issues..The problem is that Leddy's regression in the playoffs has de-valued his worth such that straight up he.may no longer garner even another late first..maybe only a second rounder probably now..Pity.. BUT STILL MAYBE TO FLA FOR a high 2nd? Or packaged with Bolland to Buffalo for the #16..straigjt up Leddy cannot bring that. .but.part of z.package...maybe? If not for Buffalo's second firdt rounder...they are not trading the #8...then maybe some team in the early 20s for Ledxy and Bollsnd and/or some.Rockford.prospect...let us find a.package deal for LEDDY to vo elsewhere.. .Now if they instead tried turning Leddy and his dpeed into a WINGER to attack on offense..that would be diffdrent..but as only a stfuggling 3rd pair dman NOW..I do not yjonk they can wsit a few yesrs to findout if he can elevate to an impact Dman or.find.out he cannot..

NOW WHAT CAN EE DO AT THE DRAFTif wr get an earlier first? I like D-man Madison Bowey..a RD with boyh great skating ability..rushingwith speed..agility turning on a dimeand backwards skating...all together better than Leddy who is good strsoght line speed but not as good turning and sticking go guys..or backwards dkating..Plus Bowey is great defensively (+41 for his Kelowna team..csn be a shut down top minutes guy..csn do pk and has a goodshot on the Pp (as he qb'd for Canafa's gold medal team st the U-18s...perfect RD for us and our system..he is better at 18 for Kelowna than Keith was as a jr for Kelowna..I do not think he lasts to #29 or #30...so we need to move up or get him with an earlier 2nd first we get by trade...Leddy.part of such a.package..
NOW IF THEY CAN GET BOWEY in the mid teens to early 20s..then with their own at #30 they either grab Big Winger 6'5 RW Mike Mccarron. .or if he is off the board grab the best goalie..I like Tristan Jarry. .a once in a generational goalie in my opinion..but we might get hin in round 2 anyway. .if Stan can also get an early round 2 pick..Stan. Ould gamble on doing that but if another team gets him ahead of our pick..then we should take Phillipe Desrosiers..he is my second rated goalie target. . So ig I sere GM of the Blackhawks...I trade Leddy and Bolland....hopefully in sepatate package deals along with some of our prosprcts...to get us a mid teen to early 20s pick...we keep our own first..and we get an early second forthe separate Bolland packahe deal...At thr draft with the 2 firsts nd early second, we take Bowey,McCarron, and then Jarry or Desrosiers...If MCCarron gone beforeour own first at #30 or #29..then take another Dman at that spot..I like Dillon Heathrrington in that case.. SO i have 2 dmen targets and one Rw target and 2 goalie targets...of that list I want 3 of those 5 assuming we xan get those 2 other picks..q

Old
06-20-2013, 10:08 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Leddy value >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bolland

Old
06-20-2013, 10:42 PM
SLarmer28

Trade Dave Bolland, packaged with Sheldon Brookbank and perhaps Dan Carcillo, for 2013 NHL Draft Pick before he injures himself once again.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:24 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
Patrick Kane is better than every 2nd overall pick going back to Malkin, and better than any prior.

Murray, Landeskog, Seguin, Doughty, JVR, J.Staal, Ryan, Malkin, E.Staal, Lehtonen, Spezza. Those are the players, in order, taken with the 2nd overall pick going back to 2001. The only player I'd take over Kane is Malkin. The only other arguable player to take over him is Doughty, and I'd hold onto Kane.

But, haters gon' hate.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:28 AM
Sleight Of Hand
No More Coldplay

I would take Landeskog = him or even above. Tough to compare the two with how crappy one team is, early in Lands career, etc. But I would love that kid on the Hawks.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:36 AM
WarriorofTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
I would take Landeskog = him or even above. Tough to compare the two with how crappy one team is, early in Lands career, etc. But I would love that kid on the Hawks.

Did you see Kane's early career? 72 points, 70 points, 88 points + 1st All Star RW + Stanley Cup.

Appreciate.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:36 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
Landeskog will be a 65-point forward, at best, in his prime. I'll eat crow if he surpasses that, but I doubt it.

Patrick Kane is a PpG player, and his career low is 66 points.

Chicago doesn't lack intangibles bro. Toews brings enough for the whole team, and then some.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:39 AM
Marina
Steve Holt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
nvm misinterpreted what you said, i think.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:41 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Patrick Kane is better than every 2nd overall pick going back to Malkin, and better than any prior.

Murray, Landeskog, Seguin, Doughty, JVR, J.Staal, Ryan, Malkin, E.Staal, Lehtonen, Spezza. Those are the players, in order, taken with the 2nd overall pick going back to 2001. The only player I'd take over Kane is Malkin. The only other arguable player to take over him is Doughty, and I'd hold onto Kane.

But, haters gon' hate.
I think you misunderstood his quote...he said he'd trade the 2nd pick for Kane, not the other way around.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:49 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
I think you misunderstood his quote...he said he'd trade the 2nd pick for Kane, not the other way around.
Yeah, I just noticed that. My bad. It's been a long, busy day.

Old
06-21-2013, 12:53 AM
Hawks82

Quote:
Yeah, I just noticed that. My bad. It's been a long, busy day.
No worries.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Hawkz
34 38 61 10 13

Quote:
Landeskog will be a 65-point forward, at best, in his prime. I'll eat crow if he surpasses that, but I doubt it.
You really that low on Landeskog? I hardly see the Avs, but I just figured that a 20 year old captain must be expected to be a star forward.

Old
06-21-2013, 01:20 AM
EbonyRaptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
..I do not yjonk
uh huh ... sure you don't

Old
06-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

why should we trade a good #7 D in Brookbank or a #13/#14 forward in Carcillo just to replace them with other guys the same age and same cap hit?

Bolland? fine
Leddy? If we get #5-#7 overall I would start thinking about it
Bickell? Fine, if he prices himself out

Old
06-21-2013, 09:59 AM
unbridledid

I heard Buffalo was interested in Leddy. They have two firsts (8 & 16) and two seconds. Would the 16th and a second satisfy folks on the board....?

Old
06-21-2013, 10:01 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbridledid View Post
I heard Buffalo was interested in Leddy. They have two firsts (8 & 16) and two seconds. Would the 16th and a second satisfy folks on the board....?
I'm not in favour of trading Leddy - but if they sent him to Buffalo, I'd rather package him with something for their 8th.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:05 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
I'm not in favour of trading Leddy - but if they sent him to Buffalo, I'd rather package him with something for their 8th.
Sure... was thinking the 16th (wilds pick) and the Sabres 2nd (38th).. But hey the 8th if you can get it and a 3rd or is that asking too much ? Talking for leddy straight up.

Old
06-21-2013, 10:09 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Leddy for a pick makes ZERO sense.

Closed Thread