HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Draft 2013

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2013, 12:35 AM
LandofLincoln

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
I think we come out of the cap decisions with three picks in the first two rounds.. MY HUNCH is that we get the #31 as we trade Bolland to FLA maybe with some Rockford prospect so in that case of mot a straight up we will.get another pick tlo from FLA but maybe that will be for next year...I think we trade Leddy...again not sure if it will be a straight up for a late first or early 2nd or for inclusion of more picks if a Rockford prospect goes in the deal.. Anyway I think we end up with 3 picks between the mid 20s to mid 30s..our own at #30, the #31 and either a mid 20s or a mid 30s pick for Leddy but if the latter then probably a third rounder as well.. So here are my preffered targets in this probable scenario for at minimum 3 picks from the 25-35 range...ie.I would lkie Stan to get 3 of the following 7 potential targets who may still be on the board.for us to choose from...in orxer of priority:

1. RD- Madison Bowey..I think the best skating dman in the draft inclusive of syraight line speed,agility/turning speed,backwatds skating..rarely gets beat one one one...sticks like glue on guys due to agility turning on a dime..blocks shots..has a good shot..a right shot..has a good stick to break up pases in lanes..can get to lose pucks and clears great...can go end to end or quick oulet and long stretch pass..can log big minutes..can play pp point and also PK stud..can be top pair dman or in 2nd pair with top quality play..Someone compared him to Hjalmarsson..he is not as tall..only 6'1.5 but a solid 205 now..so he will be weightier as he matures...an amazing +41 for that dman factory in Kelowna..I saw him star for the gold medal Team Canada at the World u-18s.. He fits the Blsckhawks style.percectly as a 2 way puck mover and very good defender but he is stronger and better in shoving guys off pucks into the boards or out of the crease area than Hjalmarsson does..In short we just gotta draft this kid. I think it is criminal that the hockey news has him only ranked at #44..most other ranking services have him going in the mid to late 20s.. I think he is a mid teens value equal and it would.not surprise me to see him emerge as one of the three best dmen to come out of this draft in pro impact and value to his team..he has to be Stans top target..I hope we do not bypass him if he is on the board for us..I really think he will fit greatly into our style of play.

2.Mike McCarron..the 6'5 228 RW probably doesn't have top two line scoring ability. like has developed with Bickell..but maybe..even if not he still will be a force on the forecheck pounding dmen and creating space for creative skill linemates...you need this type in the pipeline..it took Bickelll till 27 to finly emdrge into a top line PF..but you gotta start developing another one if not the least being that you do not want this guy pounding our dmen down the road. THANK GOD BOSTON traded their first. .him and Lucic on the same team. .thank God it cannot happen now..Maybe we get him at #30 especially if Leddy got us Bowey a few picks earlier...or Maybe he lasts to #31 and Bolland to FLA gets him for us..or he could be off the board much earlier if teams think hes the next Bickelll..
trade Leddy for a late 1st would be bad and for a 2nd would be getting fleeced.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:45 AM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

vCash: 400
As a guy that's really partial to the WHL, and the PA Raiders in particular, I really hope Morrissey is available. Kid's awesome, kind of reminds me of Morgan Rielly. I have no idea why he's dropping in mocks. If he is taken, Nic Petan is my pick. With a pipeline of big guys, we can start taking chances on small skill players such as he and Teravainen.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:47 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by giza View Post
30. Hawks: Santini- Hawks need tough, steady, stay at home Dmen in the system. This guy fits the bill.
I thought Stephen Johns already fits that criteria.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:47 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Yeah, Morrissey is the guy I'd be targeting if I were the Hawks. I love everything I've heard about his game, and he impressed me at the U18s and Top Prospect game.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:07 AM
giza

Johns

Johns is that type of player, but he may not be top 4 quality.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:09 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

Quote:
OKey, Dokey, it's time for my annual amateur draft prediction. Big T, I know you've been chomping at the bit for this Here we go:

1. Colorado: MacKinnon- While they need help on the blue line, Toews like players show how they can affect the entire org.
2. Florida: Jones- Tallon definitely wanted MacKinnon to team with Huberdeau, but he'll "settle" for this do it all D man.
3. Tampa: Drouin- Simply too much talent for Yzerman to pass on. This guy knows top end talent when he sees it.
4. Nashville: Nichushkin- This guy could be a home run. At the worst, he shows up every other game and scores 30 goals.
5. Carolina: Nurse- I think this guy is trending up and with his size, raw talent and mobility, he's a top line D man.
6. Calgary: Monahan- Tough to pass on Barkov, but this kid does it all, will be a captain and fits with the Western Canada mindset
7. Edmonton: Barkov- A boy among men in the Finnish elite league, he could be the best overall talent. Oil is gushing again.
8. Buffalo: Lindholm- Getting stronger up the middle with this quality center. They won't regret his hockey IQ.
9. Jersey: Mantha- Power forwards who can score like this dude don't grow on trees. Lou needs a hit here.
10. Dallas: Zadorov- Huge D man is a medium risk, high reward type player. This guy might be the best D man in the draft.
11. Philly: Ristolainen- Ready to step in with his size and skill. Will be a nice fit in Philly.
12. Phoenix: Shinkaruk- Damn, these guys need some offense. This kid oozes offensive acumen.
13. Jets: Domi- This pit bull has moxy, skill and drive. He might be just a 2nd liner, but you can win with him.
14. Columbus: Horvat- The rebuilding starts with this poor man's version of MacKinnon. Future C.
15. Islanders: Erne- Not awe inspiring, but can do it all and is the type of winger they need.
16. Buffalo: Morin- The 2nd installment will bring the 2nd twin tower to the D corp. Watch out Boston.
17. Ottawa: Rychel- Moxy, skill, what a nice addition to a growing prospect system
18. Detroit: Wennberg- Nobody knows the Swedish system better. Apparently, this guy is pretty damn good.
19. Columbus: Pulock- Maybe a stretch here, but this guy has a major league shot from the point.
20. San Jose: Lazar- Hard to screw up with this kid. Not overwhelming, but does a little of everything.
21. Toronto: McCoshen- Well rounded D man with size. Will help Toronto's suspect back line.
22. Calgary: Morrissey- Tenacious, skilled, the 2nd installment in the first round will be a nice D man addition
23. Capitals: Hartman- Caps are slow learners, but they need more piss and vigor. They get it here.
24. Canucks: Gauthier- Nuckleheads want to get bigger. New coach will want this 2 way pivot up the middle.
25. Montreal: Zykov-- Tenacious Russian will score the type of goals playoff teams need.
26. Anaheim: Hagg-- All around D man doesn't bowl you over, but will be a nice addition to the back line.
27. Columbus: Dickenson-- With 2 first round picks already, this inconsistent talent could be a steal at this spot.
28. Calgary: Fucale- Calgary needs a quality goalie in the system. He is the highest rated in the draft.
29. Dallas: Tambellini- Good genes, good size. He'll take a while to develop, but could be a nice addition.
30. Hawks: Santini- Hawks need tough, steady, stay at home Dmen in the system. This guy fits the bill.
Thanks. Always liked your picks. As good if not better than some or many of the so called experts.

Now you're picks are under the gun.

Im OK with Santini. Rather have Bowery b/c of the potentially better offensive upside but its a toss for me. Santini and the Hawks current prospect Johns look similar in skills with Johns having the obviously bigger frame but who knows who would become the better player at the next level. Hopefully it would be a push for both at the next level.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:19 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
No offense but Santini is ranked 47th overall for North American Skaters by Central Scouting.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

Is that really the best value for the 30th overall selection?

Old
06-27-2013, 01:34 AM
ChiGuySez
Showtime

CSS is a general guide. I believe the final rankings published after the U18s. The main reason for Santinis low ranking is offensive production. He proved to be one of the best shut down dmen at U18 as voted by the coaches and officials so his strong showing there elevated his ranking again despite have low offensive numbers.

For a dman, Id rather have a strong dzone player even at the cost of offense.

Old
06-27-2013, 01:56 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
No offense but Santini is ranked 47th overall for North American Skaters by Central Scouting.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectbrowse.htm

Is that really the best value for the 30th overall selection?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGuySez View Post
CSS is a general guide. I believe the final rankings published after the U18s. The main reason for Santinis low ranking is offensive production. He proved to be one of the best shut down dmen at U18 as voted by the coaches and officials so his strong showing there elevated his ranking again despite have low offensive numbers.

For a dman, Id rather have a strong dzone player even at the cost of offense.
That's what it is exactly.

...and bear in mind that every single team has its own scouting staff and its own internal ranking. imo, by the time you get late in the first round the CSS ranking is useless (and tbh it's probably useless way before that). The Hawks aren't looking at CSS for their rankings...and when the team picks at 30 none of us should be very concerned at what other rankings say.

I trust the Hawks' scouting. I trust they will pick well and am excited to see who they pick...and in the event they don't pick well it's hard to fault someone for missing a pick @ 30.

More important is the # of teams from 1 - 29 who make sure to congratulate the Chicago Blackhawks on their Stanley Cup Victory. I will be watching closely...and marking any team who fails to do so as 'classless'.

Too bad Boston isn't picking in the 1st round

Old
06-27-2013, 02:00 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Personally, I would like to package Frolik, Brookbank and move up in the first round of the 2013 NHL Draft.

Old
06-27-2013, 02:03 AM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Too bad Boston isn't picking in the 1st round
Yeah ..... my heart is really broken.

Neither is Pittsburgh nor in the second round, as well. Shero GM of the Year .... what a joke!

Old
06-27-2013, 05:21 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

#30 is a crapshot to guess who it's going to be. I hope for a guy like Wenneberg to fall to us

Old
06-27-2013, 06:34 AM
unbridledid

Quote:
Yeah ..... my heart is really broken.

Neither is Pittsburgh nor in the second round, as well. Shero GM of the Year .... what a joke!
Shero was getting quite a bit of praise for making his moves...while Stan was getting hammered for just picking up Zeus...

Old
06-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Personally, I would like to package Frolik, Brookbank and move up in the first round of the 2013 NHL Draft.
We would have to take salary back for that to happen too. With the Cap going down and 3MM + going one way.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:22 AM
clydesdale line

I don't think any of us will ever complain of drafting #30.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:24 AM
Wasted Years
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
I don't think any of us will ever complain of drafting #30.
I hope to draft 30 a couple more times in the next 6-7 years

Old
06-27-2013, 11:53 AM
Tyler Durden

I think the Blackhawks need to draft a defenseman. Who would you take if Hagg, Bigras, Theodore, Bowey, McCoshen, are available?

Old
06-27-2013, 12:03 PM
giza

If available, I would take.....

Of those mentioned, McCoshen would be my preference, followed by Hagg and then Theodore. If the Hawks can add a 2nd, I would love to get that forward Baptiste. He's a sleeper pick!!!

Old
06-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Tyler Durden

Quote:
Of those mentioned, McCoshen would be my preference, followed by Hagg and then Theodore. If the Hawks can add a 2nd, I would love to get that forward Baptiste. He's a sleeper pick!!!
I agree except I think I would take Hagg first from those defensemen listed. As for forwards I think Blackhawks have a shot at guys like Jacob de la Rose, Artturi Lehkonen, Pavel Buchnevich, Zach Nastasiuk, and William Carrier. I still think they will take a dman and go with Hagg over all those guys I just listed.

Taking a goalie is an option too but Fucale will be gone by the time the 30th pick comes along and consolation prizes for goalies like Comrie and Saros are not options in a draft that's deep in forwards and defence like this year.

Old
06-27-2013, 12:17 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
I think the Blackhawks need to draft a defenseman. Who would you take if Hagg, Bigras, Theodore, Bowey, McCoshen, are available?
I'd like Hagg followed closely by McCoshen

Old
06-27-2013, 02:17 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
I agree except I think I would take Hagg first from those defensemen listed. As for forwards I think Blackhawks have a shot at guys like Jacob de la Rose, Artturi Lehkonen, Pavel Buchnevich, Zach Nastasiuk, and William Carrier. I still think they will take a dman and go with Hagg over all those guys I just listed.

Taking a goalie is an option too but Fucale will be gone by the time the 30th pick comes along and consolation prizes for goalies like Comrie and Saros are not options in a draft that's deep in forwards and defence like this year.
Haag seems to be dropping on some rankings.. I simply do not get the complete underrating of Ian McCoshen. Talk about a big, gritty (at times), skilled dman that can hamemr the puck home and create offense. This kid reminds me a lot of John Carlson...he just has all the tools both sides of the ice that if he played in the CHL he would be talked about as a top 20 pick..

If McCoshen is on the board at 30, Hawks better snag him up over Santini who I really like as well, but McCoshen gives you that solid defense like Santini but with much much more offense.

Old
06-27-2013, 07:12 PM
SLarmer28*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
We would have to take salary back for that to happen too. With the Cap going down and 3MM + going one way.
A team like the NY Islanders need to reach the salary cap floor since the aforementioned team is not a hot bed for unrestricted free agents.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:19 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Wow, I completely forgot about Hagg earlier.

I would rank them as:

1. Theodore
2. Bowey
3. McCoshen
4. Hagg
5. Bigras

Old
06-27-2013, 08:29 PM
SLarmer28*

No love for Ryan Pulock!

The Chicago Blackhawks sure could use some assistance on the power play.

Old
06-27-2013, 08:43 PM
chrisralph007
HFB Partner

The rich get richer; Blackhawks land a forward with the skill and will to win and a legitimate probable top 6 forward when it's all said and done in this mock just released today at THW:

2013 NHL Mock Draft: Stanley Cup Final Edition

___
*2013 NHL Draft Prospect Index
**2013 NHL Draft Guide: The Next Ones
***2013 NHL Draft Rankings: The Next Ones Final Top 210

Closed Thread