HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 1

Closed Thread

Old
02-01-2013, 04:23 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
I explained my point and others (many others) re-enforced it, yet you're still carrying on with your point, I'd say it's pretty clear the "point" of all of this.

So having stated my opinion, be it the minority, makes it trolling? Well have me arrested than, or then?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:27 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booya42 View Post
So Lucic is just as good as Hall then?
He makes the oilers tougher/bigger, production who knows, he hasnt played with hemsky, eberle, RNH, im sure his numbers dont drop. yakupov fills hall's 'gap'. soooo, yes? I dunno. maybe. Is it based on fantasy, reality or opinion?

Old
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Grouchy Smurf View Post
The type of game breaker that had the game on his stick in OT on his off wing last night and....... didnt come close to scoring. That type? Or the type that turns it over constantly? Than yes.

He is not Elite. Yet. Jury is out still. sorry. I really hope he is. I do. But he isnt at this moment. Eberle is way more 'elite' currently.
He's the type of player who'd be a PPG guy on the Bruins for years and years and win a Cup with Seguin, at which point you'd probably regret making such a deal big time.

Is his game perfect? No. Does he bring a ton to the table regardless? Most definitely.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
He's the type of player who'd be a PPG guy on the Bruins for years and years and win a Cup with Seguin, at which point you'd probably regret making such a deal big time.

Is his game perfect? No. Does he bring a ton to the table regardless? Most definitely.
He can also disappear for stretches and some cases he seems to just go with the flow. When he plays his game he's great, but he's to inconsistent for me.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:48 PM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Grouchy Smurf View Post
I never said he was better, I was pointing out he gives the oilers a lot of what they are lacking and that he doesnt make them worse. The Oilers are not physical. Decent hands, big and physical doesnt come often. Hall hasnt proved much yet. Again, I hope he does. Right now I take Lucic.
This was proposed on the trade board not too long ago and even Bruins fans were admitting that the Oilers get hosed in the deal.

I would love to get Lucic but no freaking way do I part with Hall to get him here unless Hamilton was added in and obviously the B's don't do that. Hall is just scratching the surface of his potential and is already a damn good player while Lucic has pretty much peaked in all likelihood.

Old
02-01-2013, 04:57 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
If the goal is to make the team bigger and more physical even if it means giving up the far superior player, then why not Lucic for Eberle? Or Lucic for Yakupov? Hall is our biggest top 6 forward as well as the most physical. If you're going to make crazy proposals where the only goal is to add size/physicality, then why not at least make it one where you're giving up the smallest/least physical? Surely that would do more to achieve your goal, no?

02-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Soundwave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
He can also disappear for stretches and some cases he seems to just go with the flow. When he plays his game he's great, but he's to inconsistent for me.
How many stretches does he disappear for?

Aside from being a slow starter his first two seasons, he puts up points with a fair amount of consistency.

Even in games where he doesn't score, he creates so much speed that is backs off the defense.

I remember last year when RNH + Eberle had to play without Hall, they were fairly easy to shut down at times, all the shiftiness in the world ... some times you need some damn, untamed testosterone that Hall brings to the table to create something on the ice.

We need 2 more Teemu Hartikanens -- support players on with cycle and be hard on the puck. We can acquire that without doing something stupid like trading away our future captain and a no.1 overall pick who's "only" putting a ppg this season and was even last year for good stretch before getting hurt.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
So Chris Stewart of the Blues is getting 3rd line minutes essentially in all situations. He still has 4 goals in 7 games. IIRC, he can play LW but the Blues preferred him on RW.

I know most playoff teams don't really subtract from their roster, but maybe the Blues wouldn't mind in this case if we made it worth their while.

He's only 25. Maybe a change of scenery with a coach like Krueger could help.

Would you take a flyer?

02-01-2013, 05:04 PM
Uncle Grouchy Smurf
GFY

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
If the goal is to make the team bigger and more physical even if it means giving up the far superior player, then why not Lucic for Eberle? Or Lucic for Yakupov? Hall is our biggest top 6 forward as well as the most physical. If you're going to make crazy proposals where the only goal is to add size/physicality, then why not at least make it one where you're giving up the smallest/least physical? Surely that would do more to achieve your goal, no?
no..

Old
02-01-2013, 05:05 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
So Chris Stewart of the Blues is getting 3rd line minutes essentially in all situations. He still has 4 goals in 7 games. IIRC, he can play LW but the Blues preferred him on RW.

I know most playoff teams don't really subtract from their roster, but maybe the Blues wouldn't mind in this case if we made it worth their while.

Would you take a flyer?
I'm pretty sure St. Louis is very happy having a big body putting up 4 goals in 7 games on their deep roster.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

Quote:

Would you take a flyer?
I like Chris Stewart quite a bit. I think at some point Oilers fans would view him like Dustin Penner because he tends to disappear for long periods of time even though he would probably be a 30 goal guy with size on the Oilers.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:20 PM
dnicks17

Quote:

Would you take a flyer?
No.

He's about as effective as a kitten in puck battles.

STL fans say his boardwork and battle in front of the net is just embarrassing.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:21 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

trading Hall for Lucic is stupid beyond belief.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:43 PM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Agreed, Hall isn't moving. If we want to add some physicality to the forward group Hemsky is the odd man out. I think a Hemsky for Hartnell type deal would work or Hemsky++ for Lucic.

Old
02-01-2013, 05:43 PM
CornKicker
Locked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
why not trade justin schultz for jon scott? go big or go home

Old
02-01-2013, 05:49 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by raab View Post
Agreed, Hall isn't moving. If we want to add some physicality to the forward group Hemsky is the odd man out. I think a Hemsky for Hartnell type deal would work or Hemsky++ for Lucic.
Boston is not going to trade Lucic unless it's a massive upgrade and over payment, and Hemsky++ a orientated deal is not going to do it.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:28 PM
rockinghockey

I would say go after Horton as an UFA this season. He would be the perfect addition in the top six. Of course this will allow us to move out Hemsky and get something back for him. With Gagner having a good year we might be able to move him and get a bigger winger.
Horton; RNH; Eberle
Hall; Big Centreman; Yak

How much do you think Horton will get on the UFA market.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Bergeron47

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
I would say go after Horton as an UFA this season. He would be the perfect addition in the top six. Of course this will allow us to move out Hemsky and get something back for him. With Gagner having a good year we might be able to move him and get a bigger winger.
Horton; RNH; Eberle
Hall; Big Centreman; Yak

I see Horton getting 4.5. The bigger question is how mich term is he looking at.

Old
02-01-2013, 06:55 PM
Kevotron

I bet we can get Penner back for a bag of pucks ! despite his laziness is worth a gamble for a late late round pick

Old
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
I see Horton getting 4.5. The bigger question is how mich term is he looking at.
Horton will be 28 when the season ends. I would give him a 4 yr at 4.5mil. I think he would probally want 5mil at 5 yrs. I would give as much money in the first 4 yrs if I sign him to 5 yrs. That way he will have a high cap hit but less money and then a cap team will take him. He would give us some nice size in our top 6.
Hall; Big C; Eberle
Horton; RNH; Yak
That would make a big difference in our top 6. The big question is what is the big C that we get for Hall and Eberle. They don't have to be a legit 1C just a big C that can play with these two, maybe someone like Collin Wilson from NAS.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevotron View Post
I bet we can get Penner back for a bag of pucks ! despite his laziness is worth a gamble for a late late round pick
Dont want a player like Penner, we are past taking players that don't produce and doesn't work hard.

Old
02-01-2013, 07:05 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
Horton; RNH; Eberle
Hall; Big Centreman; Yak

Horton has major injury issues, and not worth the salary he'll be looking for as a UFA. The Oilers want a future, not kill it.

Old
02-01-2013, 08:24 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Horton has major injury issues, and not worth the salary he'll be looking for as a UFA. The Oilers want a future, not kill it.
Sometimes you have to take a chance. You are rite, I would go 4 yrs though as a player like him are hard to come by.

There just isn't another player available without giving up one of our 4.

Old
02-01-2013, 10:39 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
^^this. Only way this has a chance to happen is Katz having a brain cramp and hiring Brian Burke.

Old
02-02-2013, 01:22 AM
raab
Where's the Hart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Boston is not going to trade Lucic unless it's a massive upgrade and over payment, and Hemsky++ a orientated deal is not going to do it.
Obviously the pluses would be significant. Hemsky+Klefbom+1st I think at least gets Boston's attention. In saying that if thats the cost I think were better off going after a guy like Hartnell or Ladd whose asking price should be lower.

Closed Thread