HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 1

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 03:36 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Dont make any sense because why?

Our goaltending is the worst in the entire league.
Is this your opinion or is it a fact.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:52 PM
McClelland

vCash: 50
What you guys think about go after Jacob Markstrom in the summer,hes Rfa in the summer and i think hes fed up with the ahl(read some articles) and few chanches in the nhl. He was injured a big part of last season but he was a monster in rampage back in december and looking still good. I think he and dubnyk can race for the spot and i have a feeling that in 3 years when we are pretty ready to go for a run, Markstrom would be on his top. If panthers went for loungo it would be easier to get him, i dont know what a offersheet would cost us, a couple of first picks?

Old
01-24-2013, 03:54 PM
Njoy Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClelland View Post
What you guys think about go after Jacob Markstrom in the summer,hes Rfa in the summer and i think hes fed up with the ahl(read some articles) and few chanches in the nhl. He was injured a big part of last season but he was a monster in rampage back in december and looking still good. I think he and dubnyk can race for the spot and i have a feeling that in 3 years when we are pretty ready to go for a run, Markstrom would be on his top. If panthers went for loungo it would be easier to get him, i dont know what a offersheet would cost us, a couple of first picks?
You didn't.

Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Dont make any sense because why?

Our goaltending is the worst in the entire league.
Columbus? Philly? Toronto?

That Cloutier blog on Luongo wasn't bad - basically saying if the Oilers actually were interested in Luongo, would this be Katz putting the pressure on to start winning now.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:38 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeetz View Post
I do not think you could compare Yaks top end value to Crosby or Doughty. They are the best and Center/def.

Stamkos is Different. Top scoring wingers do not make teams winners. they just compliment a very good team making it a great team.

At the age of 22 he has scored 51, 45, and 60 goals in the last 3 years. Those seasons TB missed the playoffs twice and once made it to conference finals riding a hot Dwayne Roli. Oddly enough they made the playoffs the year he scored 'only' 45 goals.

If Yak's VERY TOP end potential is Stamkos, I would do Stamkos for Subban and a 2013 1st, knowing the odds are good it will be a top 5 pick. BECAUSE we have Hall, RNH and Eberle.

Subban's top end is Doughty in my opinion
There is not way Subban's top end is Doughty.

Old
01-24-2013, 07:44 PM
rockinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amos665 View Post
Nobody is going to take Whitney for what he is right now, especially not if they want a Top 4 defensemen. It's probably more like Smid/Petry + Klefbom
Smid/Petry and Klefbom for PK, I would not do that, next year Klefbom comes in and helps sure up our defense.
Schultz; Schultz
Smid; Petry
Fistric; Klefbom

I see that as a decent defense core with a lot of young guys developing with the core.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:07 PM
#ualberta

As the days and games go by P.K Subban becomes more available. I keep thinking I want to get him but I don't know how much it will take to acquire his rights
I really don't think he signs with MTL anymore

Old
01-25-2013, 03:10 PM
stratedge
Rebuild, year 4...

This team simply can't afford anymore $5M cap hits going forward. The cap is a serious problem 2 years from now, even with the disappointments (Khabi, Whitney, Horcoff) coming off the books. The rest of the roster needs to be a really good value, and Subban might be good but he won't be a good value, he's just another big risk.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
As the days and games go by P.K Subban becomes more available. I keep thinking I want to get him but I don't know how much it will take to acquire his rights
I really don't think he signs with MTL anymore
I think he'll be signed within the next 10 days... The Benn signing gave both sides a kick in the ass. He should be signed to a similar term and similar dollars shortly.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:23 PM
mikey

The lack of a stellar defense Edmonton rolls highlights the need for a stud between the pipes.

Ottawa and Edmonton have been linked via Bishop. He's a great goalie. Ottawa would want a defenceman in return, or a first round pick.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:28 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey View Post
The lack of a stellar defense Edmonton rolls highlights the need for a stud between the pipes.

Ottawa and Edmonton have been linked via Bishop. He's a great goalie. Ottawa would want a defenceman in return, or a first round pick.
Bishop is not a big upgrade over Dubnyk if one at all.. Definately not worth giving up a 1st rounder..

Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
Fourier

Quote:

There is no way he nets a first round pick from the Oilers in this draft. He is a pending UFA that has played a grand total of 23 games in the NHL. He has 7 wins, a SV% of .902 and a GAA of 2.67.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Bishop is not a big upgrade over Dubnyk if one at all.. Definately not worth giving up a 1st rounder..
I'd go further and say that there is not evidence that he is an upgrade over Dubnyk.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:

Lol. Not happening.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
There is no way he nets a first round pick from the Oilers in this draft. He is a pending UFA that has played a grand total of 23 games in the NHL. He has 7 wins, a SV% of .902 and a GAA of 2.67.

I'd go further and say that there is not evidence that he is an upgrade over Dubnyk.
I thought I read he is a RFA? Either way I see it being a 2nd and 4th if it's picks.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:35 PM
Rafters

Peckham or potter for Bishop....fine with that

Old
01-25-2013, 03:56 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:

And I'm sure Tambo wants to trade Potter for Crosby. Doesn't mean it's happening

Old
01-25-2013, 04:03 PM
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post
And I'm sure Tambo wants to trade Potter for Crosby. Doesn't mean it's happening
Yup, any GM who pays a 1st for Bishop would be taken away by the men in white coats. Would be total insanity. What has he done to warrant that kind of return? Bishop would be a decent back up but nothing more than that.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:32 PM
raab
Where's the Heart?

vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooilgo View Post
Yup, any GM who pays a 1st for Bishop would be taken away by the men in white coats. Would be total insanity. What has he done to warrant that kind of return? Bishop would be a decent back up but nothing more than that.
A 2nd and Potter should be more then enough for Bishop. In saying that if they're offering up Anderson I'd put the 1st on the table. I think with Anderson were almost guaranteed to make the playoffs.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:10 PM
scid14

What if...and stay with me here;

We acquire Evander Kane and PK Subban? Them, combined with Yakupov would make the rest of hf go crazy

Not serious, but I think everyone on here can appreciate how funny the boards would be.

Old
01-25-2013, 05:50 PM
InAG-P

hey guys, i'm a habs fan coming in peace but want to ask a question. My second favorite team is the oilers and think that the oilers and Habs are perfect trading partners right now. Do you guys think the oilers would do a hall or Eberle or RNH or Yaks deal for subban? (not saying straight up, but just in general).who is the most available of the guys mentioned?

Old
01-25-2013, 05:52 PM
backhandsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by InAG-P View Post
hey guys, i'm a habs fan coming in peace but want to ask a question. My second favorite team is the oilers and think that the oilers and Habs are perfect trading partners right now. Do you guys think the oilers would do a hall or Eberle or RNH or Yaks deal for subban? (not saying straight up, but just in general).who is the most available of the guys mentioned?
Nope.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:02 PM
T-Funk

vCash: 1020
Quote:
No they are ours forever and aren't French so we do not make good trading partners.

you can choose between draft picks, belanger, horcoff, smyth, petrell, jones, whitney, potter, eager, or peckham

Old
01-26-2013, 09:22 AM
Giggli G

Montreal won't budge off of 2.5 million per for 2 years for Subban. In sum, they are incompetent idiots who are out of touch with reality. If we could get Subban that would be incredible for our organization. It would set us up, minus one more good centre, for the next half a decade at least.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:28 AM
stangconv

Quote:
Zero chance of that ever happening.

You can have Whitney, MPS, and a pick

Old
01-26-2013, 10:15 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Is this your opinion or is it a fact.
Find three teams that have worse goaltending.

Closed Thread