HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Hockey News' Future Watch

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Mxpunk

vCash: 500
The Hockey News' Future Watch

The March 1, 2005, Hockey News lists the Kings' top prospects....
1. Grebeshkov
2. Cammalleri
3. Tukonen
4. Gleason
5. Lehoux
6. Boyle
7. Tambellini
8. Clarke
9. Pushkarev
10. Munce

Does anyone else disagree with Boyle being rated above Tambellini, Clarke and Push? Granted, I haven't seem him play at BC since the Prospect Camp, but I still believe he should be at least behind Clarke and Tam.

Old
02-26-2005, 11:22 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
I have a problem with Gleason being behind Camms, Tukonen, and Grebs..

Old
02-27-2005, 01:56 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

I'm surprised Gleason is that low as well.

If that ranking is valid, then all I have to say is that we have a STACKED group of prospects, because Gleason is one of the best D-men prospects period - and if three are ranked ahead of him, that only means good things.

Old
02-27-2005, 12:59 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV
I'm surprised Gleason is that low as well.

If that ranking is valid, then all I have to say is that we have a STACKED group of prospects, because Gleason is one of the best D-men prospects period - and if three are ranked ahead of him, that only means good things.
I wouldn't put much weight on this...

a) where's Brown?
b) Lehoux is rated way too high. Not a knock on him, but the one season he breaks out, he gets injured halfway through the season. He's more unproven than any of the other prospects, in a way.
c) Tukonen, too, is rated pretty high. Not that I don't have faith in the kid, but it sounds more like a "flavor of the month" pick, since he was just drafted and we haven't had a chance to be disappointed in him.
d) Gleason's too low. Next to the mysteriously omitted Brown, Gleason is our best prospect (in my opinion, of course)
e) If we have a goalie in the top 10, the only one who belongs there right now is Hauser
f) Pushkarev is too low, and I agree that he should be ahead of Boyle

Old
02-27-2005, 01:30 PM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Grebs should not be #1. Not in any of the Kings propsect polls.

it should be Cammy,Brown,Gleason,Clarke,Matt Ryan,Lehoux,Grebs

I cannot comment on the college prospects as i have yet to see them play or Tukonen for that matter. People may knock me for Matt Ryan being that high(with current Monarchs players) But he has impressed me this year, yeah he has only 8 goals but he works hard every shift and never quits. He also is awesome on penalty shots.

Old
02-27-2005, 01:37 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Personally, I don't like their list at all. No Brown?

Old
02-27-2005, 01:59 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Brown is considered a 21-and-under NHLer, like Horton, Bergeron, and Burns. While Brown is not included in the prospect ranking, he was considered in determining the team ranking (the Kings were ranked 8th).

Old
02-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Personally, I don't like their list at all. No Brown?
Yeah...
Crap list.

Old
02-27-2005, 02:43 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Grebs should not be #1. Not in any of the Kings propsect polls.

it should be Cammy,Brown,Gleason,Clarke,Matt Ryan,Lehoux,Grebs

I cannot comment on the college prospects as i have yet to see them play or Tukonen for that matter. People may knock me for Matt Ryan being that high(with current Monarchs players) But he has impressed me this year, yeah he has only 8 goals but he works hard every shift and never quits. He also is awesome on penalty shots.
Grebs 7th? hahaha. Most rate him in our top three and McKeen's rate him 11th OVERALL among ALL NHL prospects. And their list includes Brown. And they aren't the only one to rate him high in their overall lists. Putting grebs behind Lehoux, Ryan and Clarke for sure is a joke. I hope all three pan out to their talent level but right now, Grebs is definately in our top 3-4 prospects grouping.

Still can't believe we got Gleason for Smolinski though. Unreal.

Old
02-27-2005, 03:10 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Brown is considered a 21-and-under NHLer, like Horton, Bergeron, and Burns. While Brown is not included in the prospect ranking, he was considered in determining the team ranking (the Kings were ranked 8th).

Then should cammy be on that list?

Old
02-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Yeah, I believe there is a certain games played stat (50 games)that determines who is a prospect....THN explicitly says Brown wasn't included because he played 31 games for the Kings, but he remained with the team the entire season....

I think Greb should be up there ahead of Cammalleri and Tukonen. Camm is doing great in the AHL, but it remains to be seen whether his size will hold him back in the NHL. Most sites and papers seem to agree that he (GREB) is the top prospect. However, I think Gleason should be a close #2.

I think our future on D is pretty solid with the likes of Greb, Gleason, & Visnovsky...

FYI: Former King Prospect Aaron Rome is #7 on the Ducks' list of prospects....

Old
02-27-2005, 03:17 PM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan
Grebs 7th? hahaha. Most rate him in our top three and McKeen's rate him 11th OVERALL among ALL NHL prospects. And their list includes Brown. And they aren't the only one to rate him high in their overall lists. Putting grebs behind Lehoux, Ryan and Clarke for sure is a joke. I hope all three pan out to their talent level but right now, Grebs is definately in our top 3-4 prospects grouping.
With all due respect, CMGDC has been watching Grebs actually play instead of listening to the hype. This year, Grebeshkov has been more like Modry than Sydor. The kid's a champ at turning the puck over.

He's young, but based on actual performance, I'd have Grebs in the same place as CMGDC...behind Cammy, Brown, Gleason, Clarke, and Lehoux.

Last edited by Chartrand: 02-27-2005 at 03:41 PM.
Old
02-27-2005, 03:19 PM
Mxpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwzKing
Then should cammy be on that list?
Yeah, even though he played over 50 NHL games, THN says players like Beech (99 NHL) are an exception since they aren't regulars (I assume they mean moved to the minors in those 2 seasons).

Old
02-27-2005, 03:22 PM
TwzKing

Send a message via AIM to TwzKing
Thats some bull$#!*, IMHO cammy has more nhl experience then DB

Old
02-27-2005, 05:02 PM
two out of three*

Send a message via ICQ to two out of three* Send a message via AIM to two out of three*
Timmy G is our #1 if you ask me.

Old
02-27-2005, 08:32 PM
Venom_17

At least the Hockey News is not afraid to put down what they want. I think the problem with the rankings is that it has to be a consensus, so guys get shifted all over the place. I think our rankings here are much more accurate.
Didn't last year they have some other goalie in the top 10 for us? Who was it, damn I can't seem to remember.

Old
02-27-2005, 09:33 PM
Sam
HFBoards Sponsor

Yeah, Marsters was on the list last year. THN always seems to have one or two head-scratchers. I think Steckel was on the list last year as well, and Rome was left off.

Other interesting tidbits:
- Grebeshkov at 30
- Cammalleri at 39
- Tukonen at 48
- Gleason at 51
- Kings still project Cammalleri as a winger although he's playing for center for Manchester
- Gleason "has the makings to be the Kings' captain"
- Pushkarev has high end skills but "extremely thin"

Old
02-27-2005, 09:50 PM
Capn Brown

Munce gets a spot but Kanko doesn't? Harsh.

Old
02-28-2005, 12:01 AM
David A. Rainer

Send a message via MSN to David A. Rainer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Yeah, Marsters was on the list last year. THN always seems to have one or two head-scratchers. I think Steckel was on the list last year as well, and Rome was left off.
And if I recall correctly, Zizka was #5 last year.

02-28-2005, 12:57 AM
AnThGrt

Send a message via AIM to AnThGrt
People this is their opinion.... But ya everyone who says Grebs is our #1 prospect what has he shown absolutelly nothing till now as stated above i'm glad to call him Modry (Lets skate infront of our net and throw the puck at the oponent). Ya Camms has more games then Brown also i think yet oh well and Tukonen hasnt shown anything either except disapointment, everyone says well he gets no time and is on a bad team yet if he was as good as everyone says he would be getting more time coaches dont simply ignore a good player (Except Andy - Rosa) yet there was more stuff there which we dont know about

Old
02-28-2005, 02:31 AM
GoneFullHextall
Fire Berube

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan

Still can't believe we got Gleason for Smolinski though. Unreal.
Well ive seen him play about 15 times. Hes not impressive at all. Im not saying he cant turn out to be the player some people think he can be. I just think right now he is 7th on the Monarchs for the prospects. I am actually kind compared to some people describing Grebs. Yeah i agree. Smoke for Gleason. thank you.

Old
02-28-2005, 08:39 AM
T2M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Well ive seen him play about 15 times. Hes not impressive at all. Im not saying he cant turn out to be the player some people think he can be. I just think right now he is 7th on the Monarchs for the prospects. I am actually kind compared to some people describing Grebs. Yeah i agree. Smoke for Gleason. thank you.
Do you think it could do with Grebs needing to improve his conditioning? From what I've heard he starts strong and ends weak. That implies he needs to get some better cardio. He lost a year last year and let's face it, the NA pro game is exhausting compared to Europe. Way more games, way more physical play. Could it be that Grebs is tired? I think a question that needs to be asked is if he's willing to pay the price over the summer in order to improve.

Old
02-28-2005, 10:13 AM
Chartrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2M
Do you think it could do with Grebs needing to improve his conditioning? From what I've heard he starts strong and ends weak. That implies he needs to get some better cardio. He lost a year last year and let's face it, the NA pro game is exhausting compared to Europe. Way more games, way more physical play. Could it be that Grebs is tired? I think a question that needs to be asked is if he's willing to pay the price over the summer in order to improve.
The problem is more with his brain than his body, but I suppose his mistakes could be due more to laziness than actually stupidity....but I don't know what he's feeling.

Old
02-28-2005, 03:18 PM
skolgoar

Injuries?

Seems to me that the listings are based on stats and that players who have been injured this season are being penalized in the rankings.

Does anyone actually watch the Kings prospects when they are ranked?

Old
02-28-2005, 03:26 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by skolgoar
Seems to me that the listings are based on stats and that players who have been injured this season are being penalized in the rankings.

Does anyone actually watch the Kings prospects when they are ranked?
We do here at HF and for those we can't watch, we get input from other writers or scouts. I don't know what THN does.

Last edited by Old Hickory: 02-28-2005 at 03:31 PM.

Closed Thread