HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hawks Have Had "Long Interest" in Luongo; Potential Luongo Deal in Place with a Team

Old
01-22-2013, 04:56 PM
Cullksinikers

vCash: 500
Hawks Have Had "Long Interest" in Luongo; Potential Luongo Deal in Place with a Team

Mike Gillis: "We have a potential deal in place with one team that has to do something with another player that they have."

Quote:
TSN Radio ‏@TSN1050Radio
Bob McKenzie: Oilers are interested in Luongo and Chicago has had long interest. Says list of teams he WON'T go to isn't that long
Please don't be us. Seriously, please don't be us. That contract is so awful.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:01 PM
madgoat33

god puke everywhere

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

It's not us. Vancouver would want Bolland+ for Luongo. Do you honeslty believe Chicago would trade Bolland for Luongo?

But, in the off-chance it is Chicago, then it'd be all your fault: The fans. All the crying and whining about the goalie situation and about the lack of adding impact players since the talent sell-off.. well, there you go folks. Your prize is adding an overpaid, overrated goaltender who's only been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs once in his career.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Sevanston

For the right price, he'd be worth it.

That price doesn't include any player of Bolland's skill or better.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:09 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
It's not us. Vancouver would want Bolland+ for Luongo. Do you honeslty believe Chicago would trade Bolland for Luongo?

But, in the off-chance it is Chicago, then it'd be all your fault: The fans. All the crying and whining about the goalie situation and about the lack of adding impact players since the talent sell-off.. well, there you go folks. Your prize is adding an overpaid, overrated goaltender who's only been out of the 2nd round of the playoffs once in his career.
Hopefully that's in jest. No way it's Hawks. If, it is true, I'd bet Philly.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Im sure Chicago is interested, only if it cost us Shaw and Olesz, or something like that. No way Stan trades Bolland or anyone better for him. He would be killed by Hawk fans.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Sevanston

Also, I think Gillis' recent comments about having a deal all ready to go with some mystery team are just a bluff to try and drum up the price.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:

One of the most ridiculous things I've read.

Bowman doesn't react to what the fans want. He makes and attempts to make acquisitions through FA and through trade that he feels will better our team now and/or the long-term, whether or not he's right.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:12 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Hopefully that's in jest. No way it's Hawks.
I started by saying it's not the Hawks, then qualified the rest of the post with "off-chance". I'm 99% sure it's not the Hawks.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Also, I think Gillis' recent comments about having a deal all ready to go with some mystery team are just a bluff to try and drum up the price.
Very logical thinking and one of the likely scenarios at play here.

Good post, sir.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Agreed, no GM says that stuff to the media without a purpose behind it. He's trying to create a bidding war, because the offers hes getting are what everyone but VAN fans are expecting.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:19 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:

Hope you realize how insane this is. No GM should make decisions like this because fans on message boards around the world are complaining.

So if it did happen, it would be all Stan & McD's fault for running a ****show of an organization.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
One of the most ridiculous things I've read.

Bowman doesn't react to what the fans want. He makes and attempts to make acquisitions through FA and through trade that he feels will better our team now and/or the long-term, whether or not he's right.
You seriously don't think the Hawks brass, McDonough and the like, don't see and hear all the **** the fans/media whine and cry about? Every trade deadline since 2010, every off-season.. it's "Sign Richards! Sign Suter!".. this year it will be "Trade for Getzlaf!".. What's actually ridiculous is the amount of Hawk fans that think and have thought since 2010 that Chicago needs to make a big move; that think Chicago needs another big-ticket player. They don't and it would mean having to move one of Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith or Seabrook.

Old
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

**** that contract. We'd still have to find a real backup (better than Emery) at a reasonable price when Lou needs to be pulled because we'd be at almost 8 milllion with him and Crow, no thanks.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Hope you realize how insane this is. No GM should make decisions like this because fans on message boards around the world are complaining.

So if it did happen, it would be all Stan & McD's fault for running a ****show of an organization.
Basically what I said.

Also, don't go to the main board. It's not worth it. Don't know why I bothered making a few posts. People are tossing around Saad, Bolland, and Sharp going to Vancouver.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Agreed, no GM says that stuff to the media without a purpose behind it. He's trying to create a bidding war, because the offers hes getting are what everyone but VAN fans are expecting.
I suspect this is true. I think Gillis is quickly realizing that the sooner he trades Luongo, the better for the team.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:21 PM
deytookerjaabs
Registered Smut User

Quote:
You seriously don't think the Hawks brass, McDonough and the like, don't see and hear all the **** the fans/media whine and cry about? Every trade deadline since 2010, every off-season.. it's "Sign Richards! Sign Suter!".. this year it will be "Trade for Getzlaf!".. What's actually ridiculous is the amount of Hawk fans that think and have thought since 2010 that Chicago needs to make a big move; that think Chicago needs another big-ticket player. They don't and it would mean having to move one of Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith or Seabrook.
From the looks of it: No. They've made some attempts at signing some FA's that are really no different than the other 10 teams going after the same players. The organization has definitely stuck to it's own hired guns the past two years.

deytookerjaabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
I think they know about the complaints by and wants of fans, but I don't think they make or attempt to make acquisitions due to them.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:22 PM
Cullksinikers

They went after Parise because he would have made this team better. They went after Grabovski because a top-six center was a need because Bolland stepped up.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
TwistedWrister90

Please no. I'd much rather the Hawks went after Bernier or something. Or just stick with Crawford and Emery. Luongo's a good goalie, but he has one of the worst contracts in the league and can choke in big games. I don't think he'll end up coming here anyways

Last edited by TwistedWrister90: 01-22-2013 at 05:31 PM.
TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:30 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Hopefully that's in jest. No way it's Hawks. If, it is true, I'd bet Philly.
Then somebody gets Bryz. I can't believe I'm saying it but I would much prefer Luongo.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Cullksinikers

The more I hear these terrible rumors, the more willing I am to take a guy like Bernier and Lehner and hope he's the answer.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:34 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Then somebody gets Bryz. I can't believe I'm saying it but I would much prefer Luongo.
They both have ridiculous contracts.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:46 PM
BBH
34|38|61|10|13

Send a message via Skype™ to BBH
Quote:

That's quite possibly the most ludicrous thing I've read in the past six months. Which is quite the accomplishment.

It's not us, and if it is, so help us God. Vancouver can't afford to trade one of their goalies right now: no training camp=no real assurance, and after that sorry performance by Schneider they can't give up Luongo until Cory solidifies.

BBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:52 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

why would vancouver want to help us improve our goal situation? this trade would be very risky on a few levels. they'd want a massive overpayment to be sure and i just can't see bowman going for it.

more likely that as vancouver's situation turns into an even bigger fiasco, other teams are starting to smell blood, and gillis just wants to try to get leverage back.

in any event, i'd be surprised if van traded him w/in the conference - i don't see him going to us...and i certainly don't see him going to the oilers.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote