HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lupul

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 01:16 PM
  #251
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Regardless of dion slap shots or hospital mixups... Lupul had a ten year history of getting injured. Often. VERY often.

So a guy who hasn't played ten years in the NHL has a ten year history of getting injured often??? Is that new math or something?



Quote:
If management was intelligent, they wouldn't have expected that to change. Which means that if they were intelligent, they wouldn't have offered him so much money for so many years.
This is ridiculous. Players who have suffered injuries can stop getting injured and players who have never been injured can start getting injured. Just because something has happened in the past does not mean it is guaranteed to continue happening.



Quote:
Unfortunately management (yet again) made a very very stupid decision, as opposed to an intelligent decision.
And you, with your extensive hockey expertise and experience, know better than the professionals do you? If so, please provide us with your hockey resume, explain why you are not running an NHL team, and give us your sure-fire plan to bring the Cup back to Toronto. We'll all be waiting...

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:17 PM
  #252
colchar
Registered User
 
colchar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,227
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
To me, injury prone implies that every knick and knack has a decent chance to sideline a player. Like when Kadri hit Markov and he was slow to get up, the entire fanbase holds their breath, and only blew a huge sigh of relief when started skating to the bench. Fragile/glass-man may be a better term for it, I suppose. Lupul takes a crap load of punishment every single night, and I don't see how that label can be applied to him.
To me, injury prone has a negative connotation to it implying that the guy is as fragile as a China Doll and the term should not, necessarily, be applied to every player who suffers injuries. A player like Connolly is injury prone, a player like Lupul not so much.

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 01:57 PM
  #253
Kirkpatrick
Registered User
 
Kirkpatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
To me, injury prone has a negative connotation to it implying that the guy is as fragile as a China Doll and the term should not, necessarily, be applied to every player who suffers injuries. A player like Connolly is injury prone, a player like Lupul not so much.
Seems like people have two different interpretations of "Injury Prone":

a) A player who has suffered many injuries ("unlucky"), and
b) A player who is injured in situations where others would likely not be ("made of glass")

Lupul is definitely the first, but not the second.

Also, sucks to lose him for so much of the season! Guy's body can't catch a break.

Kirkpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:05 PM
  #254
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Sharks fan coming in peace, I'm a Leaf fan second. I'm pissed that he's injured because I actually like Lupul, he's easily one of the best players and I think he could have been an 70-80 point player with Anaheim or Philly (maybe not Edmonton because they stunk when he was there) if it wasn't for his injury problems. I think his game has really excelled with the Leafs because he's definitely become more of a leader on this young Leafs team and he's realized that he needs to really step his game up offensively so I'm glad to see his game really improve. For all the people saying "this guy can't stay healthy" and "oh he has too many injury problems" chill, his biggest injury problem was with his back and concussions earlier in his career so this obviously isn't related to that so he should be fine long term.

Main reason I'm here though is because I have him in my fantasy pool though so I'm wondering if there's been any official word on how long he'll be out and if he's likely to be put on the IR? Should I drop him or wait for him to be put on IR so I can pick up a temporary player, because I don't want someone else picking him up but its a short season so he'll miss like 10 games or so no? Any help would be appreciated but thanks in advance for the help. By the way I was impressed, and surprised with that win over the Pens last night, I have Reimer in another pool so yay! Keep it up Leafs!

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:39 PM
  #255
zeke
#TeamReimer
 
zeke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 28,019
vCash: 500
this sucks, but thankfully the additions of JVR and Kadri this year make it a little easier to absorb. it's also nice to have productive talent in the AHL like Frattin and Connolly for depth.

we're not going to be the only team that loses good players to injury for long stretches, so we have to be able to deal with it. hopefully we don't get too many more.

zeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
  #256
New Liskeard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8,821
vCash: 500
Looks as though the Leafs won't be getting that 4th round pick from Anaheim after all; no big deal.

Primeau when here, talked about missing nearly an entire season in Calgary affter taking a Phaneuf slap shot on the leg.

Scrivens spoke very highly of how Lupul will be missed by the team in a number of areas, including leadership.

New Liskeard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:06 PM
  #257
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
Sharks fan coming in peace, I'm a Leaf fan second. I'm pissed that he's injured because I actually like Lupul, he's easily one of the best players and I think he could have been an 70-80 point player with Anaheim or Philly (maybe not Edmonton because they stunk when he was there) if it wasn't for his injury problems. I think his game has really excelled with the Leafs because he's definitely become more of a leader on this young Leafs team and he's realized that he needs to really step his game up offensively so I'm glad to see his game really improve. For all the people saying "this guy can't stay healthy" and "oh he has too many injury problems" chill, his biggest injury problem was with his back and concussions earlier in his career so this obviously isn't related to that so he should be fine long term.

Main reason I'm here though is because I have him in my fantasy pool though so I'm wondering if there's been any official word on how long he'll be out and if he's likely to be put on the IR? Should I drop him or wait for him to be put on IR so I can pick up a temporary player, because I don't want someone else picking him up but its a short season so he'll miss like 10 games or so no? Any help would be appreciated but thanks in advance for the help. By the way I was impressed, and surprised with that win over the Pens last night, I have Reimer in another pool so yay! Keep it up Leafs!
6 wks give or take

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:18 PM
  #258
Squeeven
Registered User
 
Squeeven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,567
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
6 wks give or take
How long you think it'll take them to put him on IR? I hope they do soon for the sake of my fantasy team.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:48 PM
  #259
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Liskeard View Post
Looks as though the Leafs won't be getting that 4th round pick from Anaheim after all; no big deal.

Primeau when here, talked about missing nearly an entire season in Calgary affter taking a Phaneuf slap shot on the leg.

Scrivens spoke very highly of how Lupul will be missed by the team in a number of areas, including leadership.
Yeah but who cares. He's soft remember and this that totally outweighs all the positives

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
  #260
sangreale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Yeah but who cares. He's soft remember and this that totally outweighs all the positives
Look your sarcasm is unwanted. These guys are right. Any of these guys could take a Phaneuf slapshot to the head and it wouldn't hurt a bit!

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:51 PM
  #261
JGuardz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeeven View Post
How long you think it'll take them to put him on IR? I hope they do soon for the sake of my fantasy team.
Jonas Siegel tweeted that he was put on IR this morning.

JGuardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:55 PM
  #262
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
Look your sarcasm is unwanted. These guys are right. Any of these guys could take a Phaneuf slapshot to the head and it wouldn't hurt a bit!
I can't tell if your agreeing with me or not

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:57 PM
  #263
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Approximately how many games will Lupul miss if he is gone 6 weeks?

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:00 PM
  #264
sangreale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
I can't tell if your agreeing with me or not
Neither can I.

At any rate its all good. We have all been dying with the same dam ned team.

sangreale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
  #265
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Approximately how many games will Lupul miss if he is gone 6 weeks?
I'm going to say roughly 15-20 games. But atleast somewhere close to half the season

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
  #266
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreale View Post
Neither can I.

At any rate its all good. We have all been dying with the same dam ned team.
Agreed

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:12 PM
  #267
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
I'm going to say roughly 15-20 games. But atleast somewhere close to half the season
Phaneuf just cost this team $2,625,000.

Add that to his contract and he cost the Leafs $9,125,000.

He needs to be traded immediately.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:16 PM
  #268
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Phaneuf just cost this team $2,625,000.

Add that to his contract and he cost the Leafs $9,125,000.

He needs to be traded immediately.
Is there someone around who can pour a bowl of ice cold water on you? Then say thanks.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
  #269
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Is there someone around who can pour a bowl of ice cold water on you? Then say thanks.
I'm sorry but as good as Phaneuf is, he is simply not worth over $9 million a year.

He cost the team millions in lost production from Phaneuf.

He should either give that money back to MLSE or they should explore the idea of trading him for less costly options.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
  #270
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
I'm sorry but as good as Phaneuf is, he is simply not worth over $9 million a year.

He cost the team millions in lost production from Phaneuf.

He should either give that money back to MLSE or they should explore the idea of trading him for less costly options.
From Lupul***

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:22 PM
  #271
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Phaneuf just cost this team $2,625,000.

Add that to his contract and he cost the Leafs $9,125,000.

He needs to be traded immediately.
I get that you try to spin everything negatively but phaneuf didn't cost anyone anyone's since lupul would still be payed. So again stop trying to be so damn negative

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:24 PM
  #272
The Kessel Run
Registered User
 
The Kessel Run's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Phaneuf just cost this team $2,625,000.

Add that to his contract and he cost the Leafs $9,125,000.

He needs to be traded immediately.
You're silly.

The Kessel Run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
  #273
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
I get that you try to spin everything negatively but phaneuf didn't cost anyone anyone's since lupul would still be payed. So again stop trying to be so damn negative
Sorry but this not negativity. This is just a realistic viewpoint.

Phaneuf just injured his own teammate with a wild slapshot that would have sailed over the net anyhow.

He just cost the Leafs millions in lost labor production from Lupul...which added to his contract would amount to over $9 million.

So this is the most expensive player the Leafs have ever had...and I'm sorry but he is just not good enough to warrant that kind of money.

Phaneuf needs to try injuring players NOT on his team. That would actually help the Leafs and add value to his worth to the team.

As opposed to this gross violation.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:33 PM
  #274
OptimusReimer34
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Sorry but this not negativity. This is just a realistic viewpoint.

Phaneuf just injured his own teammate with a wild slapshot that would have sailed over the net anyhow.

He just cost the Leafs millions in lost labor production from Lupul...which added to his contract would amount to over $9 million.

So this is the most expensive player the Leafs have ever had...and I'm sorry but he is just not good enough to warrant that kind of money.

Phaneuf needs to try injuring players NOT on his team. That would actually help the Leafs and add value to his worth to the team.

As opposed to this gross violation.
1. Phaneuf's shot was going towards the net. Not going high and wide.

2. Adding half of lupuls salary to Phaneuf's is proving nothing nor does it make sense but keep trying to push it as if it means anything

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
  #275
summerstorm
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 107
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Phaneuf just cost this team $2,625,000.

Add that to his contract and he cost the Leafs $9,125,000.

He needs to be traded immediately.


I think you need to back off the crack pipe...but true to form...you are a most negative poster....chin up fella...recess in comin' soon.

summerstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.