HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cole's Plus/Minus: Pens vs. Leafs - Armageddon at 2-1-0

Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
To a degree thats true but Tangradi's also doing nothing to help himself.

The team was flat last night. How about getting in a fight or even taking a shot at Reimer? I've seen enough of Tangradi to know he can be a grating player but jesus do something to stand out. If he doesn't like playing 6 mins a game do something/ anything to earn more time. At the very least become a better twitter personality.
That's pretty much it, the onus is on him to stand out.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:28 AM
zhenyas most fly rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
exhibit A: Malkin's awful turnover after sitting for 6 straight minutes of penalty kill time.
Speaking of that, if Bylsma didn't give Malkin a shift in that 6 min stretch against that struggling PP, I don't see at what point he is going to give him a shift on the PK.
The theory that Bylsma wouldn't play Crosby or Malkin on the PK because he feared for some injury. I think that we can put that speculation aside from now on.
He clearly seems to have no confidence in Malkin's defensive abilities or is he just giving a shift to Sid just in order to win some more draws?

zhenyas most fly rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:32 AM
EdwardBlake
This is all a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I love the "Malkin's line is a mess" statement. I skipped the rest after that.

First two games against the best opponents in the conference, Geno and Neal had 3G 4A despite the shortened camp, and now the line is "a mess" because they only had 1G 1A against TOR.

Only on HFB is this kind of logic possible.
Ya 3 games in they are 4g, 8pt, -2... It's a horrid mess. I agree their are gripes with Tangradi... But with Malkin and Neal their they just need a third wheel to mesh. Whether that be Tangradi or whom ever... Once that happens the line will be perfect.

People need to stop drinking the cultist kook-aid and calm down.

EdwardBlake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:33 AM
cheesedanish87

#Penguins line changes at practice: Tangradi on fourth line with Glass, Adams; Glass on third line; Kennedy on Malkin's line.

https://twitter.com/pgshelly/status/294482673861263360

cheesedanish87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:33 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Common, you know what I meant.

How true on the second notion, but I don't blame them.

Edit: It's all a front/precursor so they can tell the fans whaling about his use/tryout that they've given him his shot and they feel they must move on for Et's better good by playing somewhere he'll get the minutes he needs.
Well permanent and two periods are kind of different, right?

I'm sure Crosby wouldn't care about a half a game tryout, especially given that the two of them have worked well together.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Canadian coaches don't like Russians.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesedanish87 View Post
#Penguins line changes at practice: Tangradi on fourth line with Glass, Adams; Glass on third line; Kennedy on Malkin's line.

Shelly either has problems counting or proof-reading, not sure which. All I can say to Kennedy on Malkin's line which means playing the RW spot where Neal has been on fire, is

Move Cooke up to 2LW for a while. Problem solved. Cooke is a smart player around the net and knows his limitations / exactly what Malkin needs him to do. Bylsma seems to be showing again he never learns from past experiments.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:39 AM
mpp9

Yea I was in favor of moving Kunitz back with Sid so he has some familiarity. But with Kunitz looking like hot garbage and Tangradi not looking too good with Geno, only makes sense to switch it up.

Wouldn't touch the bottom six.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Sivek

Quote:

DB loves Glass so much he's double-shifting him. Guessing Vitale is supposed to be on that 4th line instead of Glass redux.

Very disappointed to see that Jeffrey isn't going to get a shot on the 2nd line if they're going to make a change. Makes me wonder where he fits in their plans, if he does at all.

Sivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
stefanh

Quote:
Shelly either has problems counting or proof-reading, not sure which. All I can say to Kennedy on Malkin's line which means playing the RW spot where Neal has been on fire, is

Move Cooke up to 2LW for a while. Problem solved. Cooke is a smart player around the net and knows his limitations / exactly what Malkin needs him to do. Bylsma seems to be showing again he never learns from past experiments.
I believe they will use TK as LW instead

stefanh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stad
@Malkin2Horny

Can Beau Bennett please replace Tangradi now? He sucks.

Stad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
zhenyas most fly rep

Quote:

You sure about that? Last night, Kennedy, when put on the 2nd line, did play on the left wing.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:41 AM
mpp9

Well, at least TK gets a shot I guess. Gonna be some frustrating moments.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanh View Post
I believe they will use TK as LW instead
I would be surprised. Never seen TK play LW as far as I can remember. He's always on that right wall... whereas Neal has played LW in the past so they'll probably move him over there. It's important that a chest sniper be comfortable when moving up the lineup. You can put your 40G scorers wherever.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
zhenyas most fly rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stad View Post
Can Beau Bennett please replace Tangradi now? He sucks.
To play on the 4th line? I much prefer seeing Bennett getting valuable minutes in AHL.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Yea I was in favor of moving Kunitz back with Sid so he has some familiarity. But with Kunitz looking like hot garbage and Tangradi not looking too good with Geno, only makes sense to switch it up.

Wouldn't touch the bottom six.
I'm thinking its best to keep Tangradi on the fourth line, give him regular shifts, then throw Crosby out there a few times a game to see if they can build something.

It keeps people where they should be, while helping Tangradi slowly learn the game and build some more chemistry with Crosby. Then when he is ready to jump up, he and Crosby will be familiar with each other.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:

I think this looks OK for now.

Kunitz, Crosby, Dupuis
TK, Malkin, Neal
Cooke, Sutter, Glass
Tangradi, Vitale, Adams

Does everyone feel OK now that his 6 minutes will be justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Well permanent and two periods are kind of different, right?

I'm sure Crosby wouldn't care about a half a game tryout, especially given that the two of them have worked well together.
So that's what a shift entitles people.

Oh, and permanent meant for me as in games, how many?

Old
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
Jaded-Fan

So does this mean we are missing the playoffs?

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
mpp9

Quote:
I'm thinking its best to keep Tangradi on the fourth line, give him regular shifts, then throw Crosby out there a few times a game to see if they can build something.

It keeps people where they should be, while helping Tangradi slowly learn the game and build some more chemistry with Crosby. Then when he is ready to jump up, he and Crosby will be familiar with each other.
They're moving Neal to LW in favor of TK. Putting an offensive black hole in Glass with Sutter. Dunno if Im a fan of this.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
khaoskennedy

Quote:
I would be surprised. Never seen TK play LW as far as I can remember. He's always on that right wall... whereas Neal has played LW in the past so they'll probably move him over there. It's important that a chest sniper be comfortable when moving up the lineup. You can put your 40G scorers wherever.
no TK will be on the left, last night he was when he was out with Malkin's line.

i can recall a few games where kennedy had shifts on LW of that line

khaoskennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhenyas most fly rep View Post
Speaking of that, if Bylsma didn't give Malkin a shift in that 6 min stretch against that struggling PP, I don't see at what point he is going to give him a shift on the PK.
The theory that Bylsma wouldn't play Crosby or Malkin on the PK because he feared for some injury. I think that we can put that speculation aside from now on.
He clearly seems to have no confidence in Malkin's defensive abilities or is he just giving a shift to Sid just in order to win some more draws?
Which is a joke. Doesn't make any sense at all.

Quote:

So
Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
TK - Geno - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Glass
Tangradi - Vitale - Adams

I personally would swap TK with Cooke, but otherwise I don't hate it. TK will produce more than Cooke at either position, but I think we will lose more 3rd line production having Cooke there instead of TK than we gain 2nd line production. That 2nd line doesn't have a real grinder this way and the 3rd line doesn't have a real shooter.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
cheesedanish87

Quote:

Id be surprised if Tangradi gets a shot for the top 2 lines again i see him playing a few mins a game on the 4th line and eventually getting traded for a low round draft pick or getting put on waivers i think they lost all faith in him

cheesedanish87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:51 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Last year TK played LW for Neal and Geno a few times. I know he was lined up there in training camp at some point with them. Again, last year's training camp. I think it was something like TK - Geno - Neal and Sullivan - Staal - Kunitz. It didn't stick, but it was tried.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaoskennedy View Post
no TK will be on the left, last night he was when he was out with Malkin's line.

i can recall a few games where kennedy had shifts on LW of that line
Yes, and he actually did something there.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:53 AM

Its a good time of year to try things. IMO the Pens have about 8 games before they have to get overly serious.

I would like to see...

Kunitz-Crosby-Sutter
Cooke-Malkin-Neal
Tangradi-Dupuis-TK
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Sutter can still go out and take draws when needed but I would like to see him get some shifts with Sid. If it ends up working out I'm OK with a hole at third line center for now and that position is a lot easier to fill than a first line winger.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote