HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rick Nash

Closed Thread

Old
02-11-2013, 07:30 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

vCash: 500
Control of the puck ia amazing, made Hedman look silly on that slick move, the finishing will come..

Old
02-11-2013, 08:00 AM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Nice to see Nash get one. Yeah I'm one of the ones who has gotten on him for not finishing and its completley fair on my part. I know hes been one of our best players thats no question but he does need to start putting them in the net.

Funny how someone in the GDT mentioned A-Rod then Nash pots one in a decided game with 7 seconds left, good stuff.

Lets hope this gets him going.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:09 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Nice to see Nash get one. Yeah I'm one of the ones who has gotten on him for not finishing and its completley fair on my part. I know hes been one of our best players thats no question but he does need to start putting them in the net.

Funny how someone in the GDT mentioned A-Rod then Nash pots one in a decided game with 7 seconds left, good stuff.

Lets hope this gets him going.
He's shooting at 6.8% this season, 12.6% for his career. His play has been excellent otherwise. If nothing else, a progression to his career average and pure luck will drive his goal totals up. I don't even think you can say he's been in a funk--it's just happenstance that he only has 3 goals so far.

It's just pain.
Old
02-11-2013, 08:23 AM
LaGu

Anyway with regards to Nash's production, he's basically on pace for a very good season with respect to what he has done previously: 0.27 GPG, 0.55 APG, 0.82 PPG. That's about 67 points over a full season (Nash's best seasons: 1. 79 P, 2. 69 P, 3. 67 P, 4. 66 P, 5. 59 P). That said his goal per game is somewhat lower than usual but he provides more assists than usual. Basically I think that one of the differences is that now he doesn't need to do everything himself (as in Columbus) but instead he has team mates that can actually score.

I guess that the bottom line is that I really don't understand what all the fuzz is about...

Old
02-11-2013, 08:26 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Nash needs to keep scoring goals. Besides that, his play has been absolutely great. I've been pleased with him in every game besides the first one and I think the Devils game, I don't even remember.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:29 AM
NYR Viper

Nash needs to utilize his teammates more but he also needs to realize he doesn't need to get to the crease before he shoots. Let 'em rip.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:31 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Nash needs to utilize his teammates more but he also needs to realize he doesn't need to get to the crease before he shoots. Let 'em rip.
This too. I think Nash has been worried about driving the net TOO much, or making a move to get there. I think that's great, but he's had some great shots from near the dots, he's gotta keep doing that.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:37 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
His wrister isn't on Gaborik's level, but it's pretty damn good in its own right. I'd like to see some more snipes as well.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Jackson Ranger

Nash is the least of my worries on this team right now. IMO, he's been playing well in all 3 zones and is noticeable for the right reasons in every game this year. He's been hitting, playing SH, using his speed, size and hands to create chances. His only problem is lack of goal scoring, but he'll be ok.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:32 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Nash is that big physical winger that can, has and is imposing his physical will on opponents.

The power move on Hedman in TB was nice. The play on last nights first goal was all Nash.

His shooting % is pretty low, but eventually some of those 4 shots per game he's averaging are going to start finding twine, and when that happens look out.

However, I like that we scored 9 goals in the last 2 games, and our big guns Nash and Gaborik only scored 2 of them.

When the secondary scoring slows down, I hope the big guys step it up.

Old
02-11-2013, 09:56 AM
mandiblesofdoom

Fun to see Nash and Hagelin work well together. They both had great games.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Nash has never really been a guy who is going to pick corners from open ice. What he's doing now is what has made him such a major threat all these years. He definitely has an above average shot, but when the guy starts pulling up and looking to shoot is when you start to see his game tail off. When he's dropping his shoulder and powering to the net is when he's at his best. When the bounces start going his way, he scores in bunches.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:24 AM
Baby Punisher

I can't believe how people get on Nash. he has been our best overall player this season. When this team was playing lousy he was playing great.

One thing that does concern me is that I read from several posters last year & this year that Nash will net a bunch of goals that come after a game is decided. We have seen him do that twice this year. I felt like last nights goal was running up the score with less than a minute to go in a game that was already decided.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:32 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
He doesn't need to change much, I'd like to see him set up along the half boards on the powerplay instead of on the goal line. He is definitely doing his fair share with and without the puck. Torts will get the best out if him.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:36 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

He's fine.

It's his Centerman I'd like to kick in the pants.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:39 AM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

vCash: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He's fine.

He's been better as of late, still has a ways to go though.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:44 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
He's fine.

Yeah. Only tied for the team lead in points. What a loser.

Old
02-11-2013, 10:47 AM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Yeah. Only tied for the team lead in points. What a loser.
Stepan is not the team leader in points.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:26 PM
KasparsHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
He definitely has an above average shot, but when the guy starts pulling up and looking to shoot is when you start to see his game tail off. When he's dropping his shoulder and powering to the net is when he's at his best. When the bounces start going his way, he scores in bunches.
For a big guy I kind of expected him to be more of a front of the net player. (I didn't see him play w/ Columbus...just highlights.) I've been surprised by how smooth his hands are with the puck. He seems like he's a little tentative to drive to the net when he gets the chance, so far. I know he said it's nice not to have all the pressure on his back to produce, and he's happy to have guys to share the offensive responsibility, but I think he needs to be more assertive and just drive to the net. This isn't being selfish, it's him being productive for team. No need to overthink his game. I can't wait to see him when he's really playing on top of his game.

Old
02-11-2013, 06:34 PM
zelrio*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I can't believe how people get on Nash. he has been our best overall player this season. When this team was playing lousy he was playing great.

One thing that does concern me is that I read from several posters last year & this year that Nash will net a bunch of goals that come after a game is decided. We have seen him do that twice this year. I felt like last nights goal was running up the score with less than a minute to go in a game that was already decided.
Damned if he scores, damned if he doesn't.

Old
02-11-2013, 07:57 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Big Ricky is fun to watch on a regular basis. He's a better all round player than I gave him credit for.

Wonder how Nash would have done if he played with LW with Nylander at Center and Jagr on the Right side? Real puck possession trio that would've been really tough to contain.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:02 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
His wrister isn't on Gaborik's level, but it's pretty damn good in its own right. I'd like to see some more snipes as well.
Having Nash & Gaborik on the same roster really highlights how poor Gabby is with the puck one on one and at creating his own offensive chances... It's frustrating to see opposing defensemen contain Gaborik so easily when he's carrying the puck into their zone... Nash needs to teach him a thing or two.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:13 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Having Nash & Gaborik on the same roster really highlights how poor Gabby is with the puck one on one and at creating his own offensive chances... It's frustrating to see opposing defensemen contain Gaborik so easily when he's carrying the puck into their zone... Nash needs to teach him a thing or two.
Stamkos is better at it than Gaborik, but that's not his MO either. Some guys are shooters.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:34 PM
Emptyvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
It also highlights how much of a better finisher Gaborik is versus Nash.

Both are great offensive forces, just different kinds.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Stepan is not the team leader in points.
He was referring to Nash.

Closed Thread