HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zack Kassian Appreciation Thread: Cody Who?

Closed Thread

Old
02-08-2013, 10:14 PM
ZenMaster*

vCash: 500
I would love to see what he does to Marchand if he decides to use Sedin as a speedbag again.

Kassian is a beast, he seems like the type of character that doesn't take opportunity for granted.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:13 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
I would love to see what he does to Marchand if he decides to use Sedin as a speedbag again.

Kassian is a beast, he seems like the type of character that doesn't take opportunity for granted.
Only problem is what would Chara or Lucic want to do to Kass afterwards.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:56 AM
Kassassin
#TeamSchneider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit View Post
Lol so that no-talent goon Matt Kassian has apparently trademarked the name "Kassassin" and his idiot web admin is messaging Canucks bloggers who refer to Zack with that nickname and telling them to stop: http://blogs.theprovince.com/2013/02...n-be-only-one/

It'll be hilarious when the Canucks massive web + media presence just completely obliterate him and his dinky little trademark.
Yeah...his web admin sent me an email and requested I change my username

Old
02-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Patchey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassassin View Post

Don't give in!

Old
02-09-2013, 12:58 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Wow, some people just have too much time.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:08 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
No way... Does that trademark hold even on a forum like this? What's he going to need it for anyway...? For posting?

Old
02-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Crows*

Maybe he has plans to carve out a wrestling career.

Old
02-09-2013, 01:42 AM
luongo321

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post

Sedins can't let that happen to themselves anymore. I know they are trying to draw penalties, but they really need to snap out of it and accept that the refs call less in the finals and don't give a damn about all of the chippy play after the whistle. Daniel's unsportsmanlike penalty after that incident shows how unprofessional those refs are. Made me sick to my stomach when that ref did that. Really makes you wonder about possible biases in the game. Honestly, a sedin getting an unsportsmanlike penalty after being punched in the face repeatedly? #Montreal Screwjob part 2 (apparently all daniel sedin was something like ... when were you going to call it after the fifth punch?- that is just me paraphrasing. it was something similar to that though).

Now, the Sedins can't let that happen to themselves anymore. It demoralizes the team. They want to win so they don't retaliate and they don't retaliate so they can wait for a power play that they will never get. The Sedins need to stand up for themselves. It doesn't matter how many tough guys we get on this team. They need to at least block themselves from this type of nonsense from happening. Not engaging in a fight, but at least stepping back and blocking it. The media just runs way too wild when they don't and then they say our team is soft. The Sedins are tough/robotic players, but if there is some push-back in their game, the rest of the team will stand up for them more. They need to stop being so stubborn about turning the other cheek. I think dan sedin being cheapshot'd finally snapped a bit of sense into the Twins. They need to protect themselves. It's too bad dan sedin was injured during the start of the playoffs because I have never seen henrik play with so much determination. If both sedins can play at that level during the playoffs and kesler is healthy and beasting, we have a damn good chance. I can't wait to play the Hawks again. You know we will meet them. 3rd round this time.

edit: sorry, i forgot i was in the kassian thread.

Kassquatch FTW!

Old
02-09-2013, 01:51 AM
Canuckz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
Wow, some people just have too much time.
I was disappointed that I could not change my username to Kassassintrademarktroll

Old
02-09-2013, 01:55 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckz View Post
I was disappointed that I could not change my username to Kassassintrademarktroll
Maybe go for KassssssassssssssssssinTMtrololololol?

Old
02-09-2013, 04:27 AM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
They cant make you do ****. Some 15 yr old web admin is jelly that he reps a plug.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:31 PM
Dubi Doo

It's great to see Kassian realizing his potential. I knew this kid could be a very good player. That Minnesota gif is exactly what is great about him. I love Cody, and I think he'll be producing in Buffalo for many years, but Kassian would be awesome to have right now. Kassian has those crazy eyes, too, so most players will avoid him, haha.

I doubt he'd produce in Buffalo because we wouldn't have a center worthy of top 6 minutes on our roster if the trade never happened. He's a great fit for Vancouver, as is Cody for Buffalo.

Cody has looked very good, too. His defensive game needs a lot of work, but his pking has been better than last year. He has some cringe worthy defensive lapses in his own zone, tho. I wish he'd use his slap shot more. I remember seeing some youtube clips of it, and his shot is pretty nasty. His IQ is what sets him apart from most players.

All in all, this trade is working out great for your team. You needed someone like Kassian. I know a lot of you were worked up over this trade at first, but you have to understand, you have to give to get, and Kassian is a valuable asset. Love the trade for both teams. Kassian will be a fan favorite for many years.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi View Post
Only problem is what would Chara or Lucic want to do to Kass afterwards.
Kass would be fine with Lucic imo.

Nobody in the league should fight Chara.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:39 PM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

Quote:
Thats insane.

I hope the real Eddy Punch Clock never catches wind of me.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scurr View Post
Kass would be fine with Lucic imo.

Nobody in the league should fight Chara.
really, i dont think he(chara) is that tough, especially for his height. john scott ever fought him? i figure john scott would beat him 10 times out of 10

Old
02-09-2013, 12:56 PM
Reign Nateo

Yeah Chara is big and strong, but not a good fighter. If he went against someone even near his size he'd get hammered. But not someone Kassian should be fighting.

Old
02-09-2013, 12:58 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
It's great to see Kassian realizing his potential. I knew this kid could be a very good player. That Minnesota gif is exactly what is great about him. I love Cody, and I think he'll be producing in Buffalo for many years, but Kassian would be awesome to have right now. Kassian has those crazy eyes, too, so most players will avoid him, haha.

I doubt he'd produce in Buffalo because we wouldn't have a center worthy of top 6 minutes on our roster if the trade never happened. He's a great fit for Vancouver, as is Cody for Buffalo.

Cody has looked very good, too. His defensive game needs a lot of work, but his pking has been better than last year. He has some cringe worthy defensive lapses in his own zone, tho. I wish he'd use his slap shot more. I remember seeing some youtube clips of it, and his shot is pretty nasty. His IQ is what sets him apart from most players.

All in all, this trade is working out great for your team. You needed someone like Kassian. I know a lot of you were worked up over this trade at first, but you have to understand, you have to give to get, and Kassian is a valuable asset. Love the trade for both teams. Kassian will be a fan favorite for many years.

I used to think the trade was good for both teams.

Now I am not so sure. We have a guy we cant even nickname without controversy...

Old
02-09-2013, 01:06 PM
Scurr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo View Post
Yeah Chara is big and strong, but not a good fighter. If he went against someone even near his size he'd get hammered. But not someone Kassian should be fighting.

Chara is as tough as hell. He's fought Laraque, Brashear, Shelley, etc and hasn't been "hammered" by any of them.

Old
02-10-2013, 05:00 AM
VanCanucks14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post

Yup. A win-win

Old
02-11-2013, 11:45 PM
PARKYRULES
Rookie User

What are your thoughts on Zack Kassian?

He was playing on the 1st line and the 1st PP unit. But this past week he's been bumped down to the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit. Hasn't been as hot as he was few weeks ago. And, with booth and kesler possibly coming back is he gonna be seeing alot of ice time?

I don't think he'll have many points and start to get cold. what are you thoughts?

Old
02-11-2013, 11:47 PM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

He wasn't moved off the first unit because he wasn't producing. He was, the Sedin's weren't.

Slotting them back with Burrows gets them some mojo back and we'll see Kassian there again before long.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:48 PM
Peter Griffin

Should probably dump him now, past his prime.

Old
02-11-2013, 11:53 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Put him on waivers when he's eligibie

Old
02-12-2013, 12:15 AM
crazycanuck

Kassian is a young developing Power Forward he's gonna struggle to produce points consistantly.

I like what I've seen from him so far this season though. He's strong on the puck, physical and plays a smart defensive game.

As said above, the Sedins weren't producing so AV put them back with their safety blanket, Burrows. Kassian is a player who can play on all 4 lines depending on how well he and others are playing. I don't think we should be worried that he got bumped from the Sedin line as he's still gonna get his chances to make a big impact on the game.

Old
02-12-2013, 12:42 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARKYRULES View Post
He was playing on the 1st line and the 1st PP unit. But this past week he's been bumped down to the 3rd line and 2nd PP unit. Hasn't been as hot as he was few weeks ago. And, with booth and kesler possibly coming back is he gonna be seeing alot of ice time?

I don't think he'll have many points and start to get cold. what are you thoughts?
Thing is hes still getting chances. Had a nice pass last game to.

As long as hes creating chances and hes continuing to play his role on defense (which has been very good so far) hell be just fine.

I gotta say playing with Lapierre will be a test of patience for him.

I love Lappy but good grief the guys is just a ******* on offense. He shows flashes and I think he certainly has the ability but his decision making is abysmal.

Last game in the first period he had the puck behind the opposition net and kass was working to give him an option in the right side of the net. Wide open for a pass and Lappy decides to act like hes Gretzky exploring all his "options" and made a low chance play to the other side.

Closed Thread