HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zack Kassian Appreciation Thread: Cody Who?

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2013, 11:45 PM
RezChi

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidSnake View Post
Serious question. What is that in your avatar?
A woman my friend, a woman.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezChi View Post
A woman my friend, a woman.
If you say so

Old
02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
RezChi

Quote:
If you say so
Same age as me okay? (NO I'M NOT 13, I'm legal = ( )

Old
02-27-2013, 11:47 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Same age as me okay?
Maybe that's what it is. Fair enough.

Old
02-27-2013, 11:53 PM
mossey3535

Quote:
Some people have noted that Kassian's a quick starter type of player that is good early but flattens out like he did in the AHL. From his recent plays I'm not sure if I'd give him 15+ minutes of pretty bad play, unless somehow with him he plays better with more ice time O_o
But he plays better in the Top-6, and worse in the Bottom-6. I know what the book is on him, but I feel he is the kind of person who plays better on a big stage.

Remember, he was demoted not because he wasn't playing well but because the Twins weren't producing. After that he has been bounced around. Of course it is on him that he has not been playing well on the 4th line, but he did play well on the 2nd in his limited time there, and despite the fact Kesler is not a team player on offense right now.

Besides, I don't care how AV does it. Almost every good rookie in the league has been given 14+ minutes to sort out their mistakes - because rookies make mistakes.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:31 AM
pahlsson

lol did anyone else see this

Old
02-28-2013, 12:33 AM
DennisReynolds
the implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post

Attempt at an elbow to the head. Classless, 5 game suspension.

Old
02-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Stories Tales Lies
and Exaggerations

Quote:

Was that before he got that unsportsmanlike conduct Penalty ? Kassian I mean

Old
02-28-2013, 12:51 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
What the hell was Zetterberg doing? Didn't he realise he's too short to elbow him in the head and jump? Did he intend to jump into him and not realise Kassian was too far away?

Last edited by me2: 02-28-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old
02-28-2013, 01:00 AM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Quote:
Serious question. What is that in your avatar?
You're in Vancouver and you're saying you don't recognize the classic Asian-doing-peace-sign pose?

Old
02-28-2013, 01:05 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
You're in Vancouver and you're saying you don't recognize the classic Asian-doing-peace-sign pose?
I used to think it was internet urban folklore....until I went to a Cirque du Soleil. Everywhere you looked.......

Old
02-28-2013, 01:07 AM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallPoppySyndrome View Post
Was that before he got that unsportsmanlike conduct Penalty ? Kassian I mean
i think so lol, probably chirped at the refs asking if flying elbows are allowed as long as you've got a "c" on the jersey

Old
02-28-2013, 01:08 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Cheez-uuu

Old
02-28-2013, 02:13 AM
Shareefruck

I don't hear this point brought up much, but I think that as good as Kassian looked with the Sedins, the way their game gels prevents the twins from being nearly as effective as they are with Burrows. I don't buy that it's a rust thing at all.

They showed some rust in the beginning of the season (Burrows showed A LOT of rust-- he looked like 4th liner for a while), and started to get into game shape when Kassian was with them. Kassian looked really good but the twins were still not doing what they were capable of-- they immediately started playing a far more effective game when Burrows was put back on. I didn't see it as a rust issue at that point-- I saw it as a direct result of a better style of play.

While I think putting Kassian back would help HIS game, and help their ability to stand up to tougher teams, I think the twins regress quite a bit offensively if you put Kassian on that line.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:21 AM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I don't hear this point brought up much, but I think that as good as Kassian looked with the Sedins, the way their game gels prevents the twins from being nearly as effective as they are with Burrows. I don't buy that it's a rust thing at all.

They showed some rust in the beginning of the season (Burrows showed A LOT of rust-- he looked like 4th liner for a while), and started to get into game shape when Kassian was with them. Kassian looked really good but the twins were still not doing what they were capable of-- they immediately started playing a far more effective game when Burrows was put back on. I didn't see it as a rust issue at that point-- I saw it as a direct result of a better style of play.

While I think putting Kassian back would help HIS game, and help their ability to stand up to tougher teams, I think the twins regress quite a bit offensively if you put Kassian on that line.
Oh for sure. I don't advocate putting Kassian back with the twins. I just point out that he played his best in that kind of 1st line role. So now you put him on the 2nd line and see what you can get out of him for let's say 5 games. If that doesn't work, then yeah it's to the 3rd or 4th line for him.

What we've done instead since then is ping ponged him all over the lineup, demoted him at the drop of a hat for mistakes that were forgiven when he was on the 1st line and then said 'Oh, why isn't he consistent?'

Doesn't make sense to me.

Old
02-28-2013, 02:31 AM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossey3535 View Post
Oh for sure. I don't advocate putting Kassian back with the twins. I just point out that he played his best in that kind of 1st line role. So now you put him on the 2nd line and see what you can get out of him for let's say 5 games. If that doesn't work, then yeah it's to the 3rd or 4th line for him.

What we've done instead since then is ping ponged him all over the lineup, demoted him at the drop of a hat for mistakes that were forgiven when he was on the 1st line and then said 'Oh, why isn't he consistent?'

Doesn't make sense to me.
I don't think he made mistakes like that when he was on the first line. I also think he just hasn't played very well and needs to work his way out of his funk. I'm not seeing the lack of reasoning or double standards you are, personally.

For comparison's sake (I'm the furthest thing from a Booth supporter), Booth looked very good on the fourth line, and he's a much more limited player, IMO.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:18 AM
mossey3535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
I don't think he made mistakes like that when he was on the first line. I also think he just hasn't played very well and needs to work his way out of his funk. I'm not seeing the lack of reasoning or double standards you are, personally.

For comparison's sake (I'm the furthest thing from a Booth supporter), Booth looked very good on the fourth line, and he's a much more limited player, IMO.
That's fine, I do. Booth was having his first games back, and it's not like they put him in the Top-6 at the start and then demoted him for almost no reason. He was probably happy to just be playing again and confident he was going to work his way back to a 2nd line position.

Kassian is talented, big (big men are harder to develop it seems), and immature. To me it makes perfect sense that he would lose some motivation after being successful on the 1st line and then after having a taste of that being put on the 2nd for like 5 minutes, then demoted further to the 4th line and having his minutes cut. Then he started to play like crap. To me that's not a coincidence.

Old
02-28-2013, 03:46 AM
JannikAtTheDisco
No panic it's Jannik

Quote:

So that's why Kassian turned to the ref and said "how the **** do you not call that?!"

can't blame kassian there, man we have got no love from the men in stripes this year

Old
02-28-2013, 08:27 AM
Balls Mahoney
wants more Sesito

So after a couple of excellent shifts we've determined to send our best prospect and the exact prototypical winger this fanbase has wanted for the Sedins since they entered the league to be relegated to lower lines because despite dominating with the Sedins he didn't show some fictitious ideal of perfect chemistry? Kassian is the foretold triplet and will eventually replace Burrows on that line as he's the perfect fit for them once he gets over his growing pains.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by JannikAtTheDisco View Post
So that's why Kassian turned to the ref and said "how the **** do you not call that?!"

can't blame kassian there, man we have got no love from the men in stripes this year
Didnt see that game but was that one of the 3 penalties?

I know he got a phantom Gtender interference and he stepped in for tanev.

Old
02-28-2013, 09:49 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Didnt see that game but was that one of the 3 penalties?

I know he got a phantom Gtender interference and he stepped in for tanev.
It was the unsportsmanlike/bench minor one he took in the middle of the second.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
It was the unsportsmanlike/bench minor one he took in the middle of the second.
Not wise to lip off the refs. When i heard he had 3 minors i was expecting 3 bad hooking or holding penalties.

Funny thing is take away those 3 calls and he only has one minor on the year.

Old
02-28-2013, 10:22 AM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:

Pretty sure he didn't realize Zack was just going for a change and that's some form of bizarre self preservation technique because he thought he was going to run over.

Old
02-28-2013, 11:23 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRNuck View Post
Pretty sure he didn't realize Zack was just going for a change and that's some form of bizarre self preservation technique because he thought he was going to run over.
What I thought as well. On repeat that gif really got a comical upside for sure.

Old
02-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Proto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balls Mahoney View Post
So after a couple of excellent shifts we've determined to send our best prospect and the exact prototypical winger this fanbase has wanted for the Sedins since they entered the league to be relegated to lower lines because despite dominating with the Sedins he didn't show some fictitious ideal of perfect chemistry? Kassian is the foretold triplet and will eventually replace Burrows on that line as he's the perfect fit for them once he gets over his growing pains.
Says who? The burden of expectations Canucks fans place on prospects is silly. Burrows has been a Top 10 ES winger in the NHL for the last four years. Expecting Kassian to just take the spot from him is completely silly.

I just don't get why everyone is always trying to replace Burrows. The 1st line is doing okay, guys. Maybe Kassian could work his way up to the third line before we annoint him Sedin Triplet Status...

Closed Thread