HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado Avalanche Vs Columbus Blue Jackets Jan. 24/2013 7:00PM MST

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 04:04 PM
  #76
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,067
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesher View Post
These are the kind of games the Avs just love to mess up.
Oh yeah. I predict a 3-1 CLB final with the Avs heavily outshooting them 45-21
Thats how we roll

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:16 PM
  #77
Unaffiliated
Registered User
 
Unaffiliated's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Richmond, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,242
vCash: 500
Do you guys remember the pretty critical game we lost to Columbus last year?

Or is it deep in repression?

Unaffiliated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
  #78
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Do you guys remember the pretty critical game we lost to Columbus last year?
I remember losing 2 critical games against the Blue Jackets last season; 0-2 and 2-5.

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:19 PM
  #79
benzino
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Estocolmo
Country: Sweden
Posts: 999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unaffiliated View Post
Do you guys remember the pretty critical game we lost to Columbus last year?

Or is it deep in repression?
The Cam Atkinson hat trick game?

benzino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:21 PM
  #80
SlyAvs
smokin Joe
 
SlyAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
CLB they're big n experienced

SlyAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:23 PM
  #81
agentblack
Registered User
 
agentblack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,067
vCash: 50
Im liking Mitchell so far, not crazy about his number choice, 7? I keep thinking DVG is out there

agentblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:26 PM
  #82
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 23,428
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Im liking Mitchell so far, not crazy about his number choice, 7? I keep thinking DVG is out there
I keep thinking its Darby Hendrickson

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:39 PM
  #83
Foppa2118
Registered User
 
Foppa2118's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: 22 Acacia Avenue
Country: United States
Posts: 20,759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I keep thinking its Darby Hendrickson
Zanon playing the left side with #4 is a little weird too.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:41 PM
  #84
The Shermanator
Butts
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 'Murica
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,326
vCash: 50
We will thump them with hat tricks coming from both Douchene and PaP.

13 save shut out for Varly, EJ and Wilson both adding a goal each.

Stastny with the Gordie Howe

Sacco takes a puck to the face forcing him to retire.

Duke gets his first of the season and McGinn adds an empty netter.

The Shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:42 PM
  #85
Nihiliste
Registered User
 
Nihiliste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,813
vCash: 500
4-2 Avs, close game where Varly will be the difference.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:47 PM
  #86
Bubba Thudd
Moderator
#AvsNewAge
 
Bubba Thudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Avaland
Posts: 13,022
vCash: 1472
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
We will thump them with hat tricks coming from both Douchene and PaP.

13 save shut out for Varly, EJ and Wilson both adding a goal each.

Stastny with the Gordie Howe

Sacco takes a puck to the face forcing him to retire.

Duke gets his first of the season and McGinn adds an empty netter.
LOL. I doubt we'll ever see Staz, Dutch, or Hejduk get a Gordie Howe hat trick.

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
  #87
skip2mybordeleau
We're not that good!
 
skip2mybordeleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,650
vCash: 6671
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Im liking Mitchell so far, not crazy about his number choice, 7? I keep thinking DVG is out there
same with me, i keep thinking to myself, i thought van der gulik got sent down.

skip2mybordeleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 04:57 PM
  #88
AvsFanRCN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Victoria, BC, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
We will thump them with hat tricks coming from both Douchene and PaP.

13 save shut out for Varly, EJ and Wilson both adding a goal each.

Stastny with the Gordie Howe

Sacco takes a puck to the face forcing him to retire.

Duke gets his first of the season and McGinn adds an empty netter.
I could go for a game like this

AvsFanRCN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
  #89
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Im liking Mitchell so far, not crazy about his number choice, 7? I keep thinking DVG is out there
Maybe he should change to 71?

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:04 PM
  #90
Nzap
Insert clever phrase
 
Nzap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle of Noux
Country: Finland
Posts: 4,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
We will thump them with hat tricks coming from both Douchene and PaP.

13 save shut out for Varly, EJ and Wilson both adding a goal each.

Stastny with the Gordie Howe

Sacco takes a puck to the face forcing him to retire.

Duke gets his first of the season and McGinn adds an empty netter.
So the game will end 11-0 with them pulling their goalie at 10-0?

Nzap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:07 PM
  #91
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agentblack View Post
Im liking Mitchell so far, not crazy about his number choice, 7? I keep thinking DVG is out there
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
I keep thinking its Darby Hendrickson
I keep thinking it's Greg de Vries.

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:12 PM
  #92
The Shermanator
Butts
 
The Shermanator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: 'Murica
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nzap View Post
So the game will end 11-0 with them pulling their goalie at 10-0?

The Shermanator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:15 PM
  #93
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
LOL. I doubt we'll ever see Staz, Dutch, or Hejduk get a Gordie Howe hat trick.
Duchene was in a Fight though.

Muffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:16 PM
  #94
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,691
vCash: 500
Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback on how PA has been so far. I hope he's playing well.

Also, nice GDT and good luck on tonight's game.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:18 PM
  #95
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,762
vCash: 3858
That was in the pre-game thread and i wanted to add my POV on this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
I'm not sure we're going to notice a huge difference by switching Downie with Malone. It's a slight downgrade, but we'll see how big it is.

A fourth line of McLeod/Malone/Kobasew looks pretty good on paper and Olver/Mitchell/Hejduk, while not fantastic, should be fine for the time being.

The only players that would be huge losses for us are Landeskog, Stastny, Duchene, EJ and Varlamov.
On the ice we'll probably wont see that much of a difference between the two . The main difference will be on the offensive side , as Downie have more off skills than Malone . My expectations about Downie , on a 82 games season is somewhere arround 15-20 goals . I doubt that Malone is there yet , plus Downie is a better agitator and better fighter .

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:20 PM
  #96
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 23,428
vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Hey guys, just wanted to get some feedback on how PA has been so far. I hope he's playing well.

Also, nice GDT and good luck on tonight's game.
Looked slow and old in game one but game 2 looked completely different much more engaged went to the net to get the insurance goal. I think he will be fine with Duchene

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:25 PM
  #97
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Looked slow and old in game one but game 2 looked completely different much more engaged went to the net to get the insurance goal. I think he will be fine with Duchene
I thought PA would be a good fit with Duchene when he signed. It's still early so it's probably premature to get a good read on him. He's still fondly remembered by many on LI.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:29 PM
  #98
henchman24
If and if...
 
henchman24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 12,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
I thought PA would be a good fit with Duchene when he signed. It's still early so it's probably premature to get a good read on him. He's still fondly remembered by many on LI.
I think he will be in the end. He needs to shake off some rust (he was the only member of the line not to play somewhere else during the lockout), and get his timing down with his linemates. If all 3 play to their potential, the Avs will have a true first line for the first time since Stewart and Stastny were playing well together.

henchman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:37 PM
  #99
PWJunior
SUCK IT HATERS!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
I think he will be in the end. He needs to shake off some rust (he was the only member of the line not to play somewhere else during the lockout), and get his timing down with his linemates. If all 3 play to their potential, the Avs will have a true first line for the first time since Stewart and Stastny were playing well together.
Yeah, it's going to take some time to get his timing and legs back. He's a quality playmaker and he knows how to play with a star player. He is limited, but he always busts his butt so you'll never question his work ethic and desire. Good guy in the locker room - he's a bit of a clown (he does resemble that dude from Jackass). I definitely wish him the best and I'll stop by from time to time to see how he's doing. Hope you guys don't mind an Isles fan bothering you occasionally.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:45 PM
  #100
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 11,734
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Yeah, it's going to take some time to get his timing and legs back. He's a quality playmaker and he knows how to play with a star player. He is limited, but he always busts his butt so you'll never question his work ethic and desire. Good guy in the locker room - he's a bit of a clown (he does resemble that dude from Jackass). I definitely wish him the best and I'll stop by from time to time to see how he's doing. Hope you guys don't mind an Isles fan bothering you occasionally.
So long as you don't pepper us with DiPietro trade proposals you're certainly welcome here anytime!

Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:41 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.