HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Desharnais / Plekanec / Eller your pick

Old
01-23-2013, 05:02 PM
Vinny Bombatz

vCash: 500
Desharnais / Plekanec / Eller your pick

Who would you want...What would you offer for each of them. Realistically can’t see all 3 here next year…

Vinny Bombatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:18 PM
sansabri
#blocktheboat

Pleks ain't leaving.

sansabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:29 PM
StringerBell

I think Eller would be a perfect fit in Vancouver, not sure what it would take to land him though. Eller + 2nd for Gaunce + 1st?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:34 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
I think Eller would be a perfect fit in Vancouver, not sure what it would take to land him though. Eller + 2nd for Gaunce + 1st?
nope, don't want Gaunce

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:37 PM
Adam Spylo

Eller and a third round pick to Columbus for either the Kings or the Rangers first round pick and Jared Boll.

Adam Spylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:43 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
Eller and a third round pick to Columbus for either the Kings or the Rangers first round pick and Jared Boll.
Color me interested.. How physical is Boll?

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:48 PM
Beukeboom Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Spylo View Post
IMO - Eller is 4 years into his development, and is progressing nicely. Since a generic late 1st round DP (LA/NYR) has a 50/50 shot or greater of busting, I don't see why the Habs would move Eller for an asset that MIGHT contribute in 2016 or so.

I know that draft position means squat, but if a guy is progressing (and Eller is), his value is higher than when he was drafted. Don't see why the Habs would make a deal like this at all.

And from my perspective - Boll is a physical agitator with limited skill. Decent guy to have on the 4th line, but IMO he's a less skilled version of Prust, so I'd think that Habs already have the roll filled. IMO - he's a throw in to a deal like this.

And just for clarification - can a Habs fan let us know why Eller isn't playing?

Beukeboom Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:51 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beukeboom Fan View Post
IMO - Eller is 4 years into his development, and is progressing nicely. Since a generic late 1st round DP (LA/NYR) has a 50/50 shot or greater of busting, I don't see why the Habs would move Eller for an asset that MIGHT contribute in 2016 or so.

I know that draft position means squat, but if a guy is progressing (and Eller is), his value is higher than when he was drafted. Don't see why the Habs would make a deal like this at all.

And from my perspective - Boll is a physical agitator with limited skill. Decent guy to have on the 4th line, but IMO he's a less skilled version of Prust, so I'd think that Habs already have the roll filled. IMO - he's a throw in to a deal like this.
But Prust fits very well on the 3rd line as the Rookie-Nanny. We still need someone else on the 4th line, with Armstrong and White.

If we keep Galchenyuk on the lineup for the season, Eller will be superfluous. I would be happy getting a 1st pick and a decent 4th liner for Eller.

Old
01-23-2013, 05:53 PM
Lebanese Leaf

I'd take a chance on Deharnais, not sure what he's worth value-wise though.

Lebanese Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:54 PM
BigHabs

Quote:

And just for clarification - can a Habs fan let us know why Eller isn't playing?

Roster shakeup to see a possible good lineup. Its only 2 games in the season. It has nothing to do with struggling at this point lol. Just the Habs struggled in game one of the season and I mean the whole team.

They just looked to shake things up and to see what options there were and what worked.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:55 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

What interests you guys from the Blues? Picks are definitely available, while certain players could be moved for an upgrade.

CarvinSigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 05:59 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvinSigX View Post
What interests you guys from the Blues? Picks are definitely available, while certain players could be moved for an upgrade.
Perron
Polak
Stewart
Berglund
1st rounder

Those would be the pieces I would be interested in the most. Oshie, Backes, and Tarasenko I know are off limits.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
done deal

Chacal667 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:06 PM
PricePkPatch

Stewart+marginal would be interesting. How is he in his development?

Old
01-23-2013, 06:11 PM
Chacal667

Quote:

coach Therrien said that Eller missed intensity, he replaced him by Gallagher ( cuz Gallagher is a beast ) and he putted Galchenyuk at center.

our 3rd line was Gally - Eller - Prust, but it changed to Prust - Gally - Gallagher

Old
01-23-2013, 06:17 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
coach Therrien said that Eller missed intensity, he replaced him by Gallagher ( cuz Gallagher is a beast ) and he putted Galchenyuk at center.

our 3rd line was Gally - Eller - Prust, but it changed to Prust - Gally - Gallagher
Hum.. no. Our 3rd line in the 1st match was Bourque-Eller-Moen. But it did not coordinated well. Bourque was sent up, Moen was swapped with Prust and Eller benched for the last match.

Question of time; Eller will be back on the lineup if Galchenyuk is sent back to Sarnia.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Hum.. no. Our 3rd line in the 1st match was Bourque-Eller-Moen. But it did not coordinated well. Bourque was sent up, Moen was swapped with Prust and Eller benched for the last match.

Question of time; Eller will be back on the lineup if Galchenyuk is sent back to Sarnia.
Hum no.. on paper before the game started yes bourque was with eller and gally with plek but it changed after only few presences

Old
01-23-2013, 06:22 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Stewart+marginal would be interesting. How is he in his development?
He looks a lot better than last year, but him and Berglund just aren't right for each other, as they're both shooters. What would it take to get Plekanec?

Old
01-23-2013, 06:24 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
He looks a lot better than last year, but him and Berglund just aren't right for each other, as they're both shooters. What would it take to get Plekanec?
A lot. He is out most reliable centre at the moment.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Perron, though we would be adding.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
nothing you would be prepared to give up

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-23-2013, 06:29 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
So... Let's say, Stewart + 2nd for Eller, if Galchenyuk makes the team.

Whatayasay, fanbases?

Old
01-23-2013, 06:30 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
I don't think u have what we need and I can't ask for something that u wouldn't trade

Old
01-23-2013, 06:32 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I don't think u have what we need and I can't ask for something that u wouldn't trade
Don't be silly. An extra blue collar 3/4th liner a la Prust would be nice. We'll have injuries this season, it's a good idea to have extras.

Old
01-23-2013, 06:32 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

I'd trade Perron if it meant getting the right center on this team, but I'm in the minority. I'd obviously prefer Stewart though.