HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

P.K. Subban Thread - Edition 6.0 - #BlameSubban

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-24-2013, 06:04 PM
  #851
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yea, and the game Without Pk They lost 4-0. I'm the following back PK was used the most, score 1g 1a.
And where's Ladouceur today? That coaching staff was one of the worst I've seen. Pat Roy was seen talking to the president after being pulled by Tremblay, they knowingly didn't get along, that classless fool. Who needed him anyways, not us I tell you!
I doubt the event in question mentioned by the poster actually happened...but again, I might be wrong. I don't have the best memory.

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:04 PM
  #852
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
When Galchenyuk gets to his contract, part of me thinks Bergevin will try to lowball him and offer him 2 years @ 2.5 million per, another part of me thinks that a different standard will apply to Galchenyuk because he's white.

We'll see.
simple fact you're thinking "color" says a lot about you.

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
  #853
rockjngo
Registered User
 
rockjngo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider917 View Post
what can subban get in a trade right now?


Ideally if we trade Subban, it will be out West. Colorado and Pheonix I see are places that need to attract fans.

Phx would be offering like Oliver Ekman-Larsson and someone. Timmins was really high on Henrik Samuelsson, maybe have him included. Ekman-Larsson has been compared to a young Nick Lidstrom and he's just 21. He'll get better and he'll log 25 mins. Not as tough as PK though.

Col would be willing to deal Matt Duchene as they have Paul Stastny, Ryan O'Reilly at center. Duchene had a down year but is 5'11" so we lack in size at center, same old. But Duchene does have top 6 skills.

rockjngo is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:05 PM
  #854
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Yea, and the game Without Pk They lost 4-0. I'm the following back PK was used the most, score 1g 1a.
And where's Ladouceur today? That coaching staff was one of the worst I've seen. Pat Roy was seen talking to the president after being pulled by Tremblay, they knowingly didn't get along, that classless fool. Who needed him anyways, not us I tell you!
So it was during a game. I just can't find the clip. No matter how bad the coaching staff is, this does not happen often and is not very professional from both sides.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
  #855
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
He'd be a number one defenseman

UNDISPUTABLE

Anaheim you'd find lots of Anaheim fans who would call Fowler a better defenceman going forward
Buffalo Ditto with Buffalo fans and Tyler Myers for the future, and Ehrhoff atm
Calgary Wideman, JBo and Giordano aren't chopped liver, although I think PK is the better Dman right now.
Carolina Pitkanen right now, Faulk challenges for the future
Dallas Goligoski, Robidas 2 very underrated dmen.
Columbus
Colorado EJ no slouch
Edmonton
Florida Brian Campbell, no doubt
New Jersey
New York Islanders
Philadelphia Timonen old now but Coburn is very good
Tampa Bay Carle good dman, Hedman?
Washington Carlsson, Alzner debatable but I like PK

Arguable but can make a case that he would be:

Detroit Kronwall
San Jose Boyle, Vlasic
Toronto Gardiner one of my favorites, Pk for now at least
Vancouver Edler no doubt, Hamhuis, Bieksa very good as well
Winnipeg
Not as indisputable imo.

HankyZetts is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:06 PM
  #856
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
simple fact you're thinking "color" says a lot about you.
Yeah, I don't think it's a color thing either.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:08 PM
  #857
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I doubt the event in question mentioned by the poster actually happened...but again, I might be wrong. I don't have the best memory.
Whatever. I wish I could find the clip.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:08 PM
  #858
HankyZetts
Twi2ted
 
HankyZetts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,704
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
Ideally if we trade Subban, it will be out West. Colorado and Pheonix I see are places that need to attract fans.

Phx would be offering like Oliver Ekman-Larsson and someone. Timmins was really high on Henrik Samuelsson, maybe have him included. Ekman-Larsson has been compared to a young Nick Lidstrom and he's just 21. He'll get better and he'll log 25 mins. Not as tough as PK though.

Col would be willing to deal Matt Duchene as they have Paul Stastny, Ryan O'Reilly at center. Duchene had a down year but is 5'11" so we lack in size at center, same old. But Duchene does have top 6 skills.
Holy overrating of PK... Geez. OEL+?

HankyZetts is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:09 PM
  #859
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Really trying hard to find it. Can't. My bad. I remember Ladouceur screaming at a player during a game, the player yelling back and Cunneyworth stepping in saying something to calm things done. I think it was Subban but I can't find the clip. Anybody remember this incident and who was the player?
That never happened...there was a shouting match between Ladouceur and Gomez, and Gomez talked back to Ladouceur

You might be confusing Subban with that because Ladouceur also once got upset with Subban for not running a drill properly, but Subban never spoke back

If that had happen, with Subban...there would be no hiding it. It would be available everywhere on the internet...just as the Gomez/Ladouceur incident is

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:13 PM
  #860
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Whatever. I wish I could find the clip.
this clip doesn't exist...because it never happened.

Clips like this, don't just disapear into thin air without a trace

You've confused things in your head and convinced yourself it's the truth...just like most of the criticisms about Subban's 'attitude'

Reminds me of when PK supposedly spit on an opponent last year

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:14 PM
  #861
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I doubt the event in question mentioned by the poster actually happened...but again, I might be wrong. I don't have the best memory.
Could not find the clip but here's an article.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/333915.html

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:15 PM
  #862
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
this clip doesn't exist...because it never happened.

Clips like this, don't just disapear into thin air without a trace

You've confused things in your head and convinced yourself it's the truth...just like most of the criticisms about Subban's 'attitude'
You have to learn to trust people more. Or change your medication.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:17 PM
  #863
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Could not find the clip but here's an article.

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/333915.html
odd that camera's caught this...but you can't find it anywhere

very odd

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:19 PM
  #864
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
You have to learn to trust people more. Or change your medication.
I don't put much stock into hearsay...for whatever reason, many people have an agenda towards Subban and it causes them to make up things without merit

I've yet to see any tangible evidence of PK Subban's attitude problems...just alot of hearsay. Furthermore, this has nothing to do with trust...I have no idea who you are.

You just made a claim about having visual evidence of something, yet have yet to provide it...I'm not saying your wrong, i'm saying prove it.

That article from Gaston Therrien doesn't mean **** to me...

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:22 PM
  #865
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
odd that camera's caught this...but you can't find it anywhere

very odd
Yeah, and this article is fabricated...

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:25 PM
  #866
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
Yeah, and this article is fabricated...
you're using a Gaston Therrien article to back up your claim? lol...this is ridiculous

I don't even know why i'm debating this with you...

You win, he's a horrible person because he got into a shouting match with an assistant coach that no one, in this city where NOTHING is missed, has any visual evidence of

yeah...got it

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:25 PM
  #867
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't put much stock into hearsay...for whatever reason, many people have an agenda towards Subban and it causes them to make up things without merit

I've yet to see any tangible evidence of PK Subban's attitude problems...just alot of hearsay. Furthermore, this has nothing to do with trust...I have no idea who you are.

You just made a claim about having visual evidence of something, yet have yet to provide it...I'm not saying your wrong, i'm saying prove it.

That article from Gaston Therrien doesn't mean **** to me...
They talk about it on this thread.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=42936927

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:28 PM
  #868
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onebighockeyfan View Post
OHHHHH why didn't you post this in the first place...this changes EVERYTHING

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:33 PM
  #869
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
OHHHHH why didn't you post this in the first place...this changes EVERYTHING
It was against Pit on January 20th 2012. Subban made a mistake, tried to blame Gomez and when he returned to the bench he got in an argument with Ladouceur. Cunneyworth had to intervene to stop it.

You can argue that it was not a big deal and/or it is irrelevant to the current topic but stop acting as if it did not happen.

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
  #870
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,070
vCash: 500
Habs fans are something else. They can't stand opinionated players. Cam was loved one minute, then the second he said something we all said and that the players are saying now about PG/JM admin, he was public enemy number one. Same thing here with PK. It has happened before and it will continue to happen.

I have heard the guy compared to TO, Moss, etc. A lot of people see him like that...and if you don' think these comparisons and criticisms are not backed by bigotry then you have your head in the sand. The NHL is a very old school, niche sport with a large white demographic. Hockey is the one sport where fans can "get away" from the "punks" of the NBA and NFL. PK has not fallen in line like many other black hockey players. He is engaging and flashy.

Do I think the Habs negotiations have anything to do with race? No. But I do think a good chunk of the unreasonable criticism is race based. He now has a rep and it will follow him for the rest of his career. Pretty unfortunate.

His start is falling in Montreal and it really isn't much of his doing. Hockey is a "fall in line" sport. PK's not that kind of guy.

He will be traded. The damage is done. I just hope Bergie gets a more than solid return and we're not searching for a player of PK's ilk for years to come just like we've been searching for an impact layer/1st line center.

Such is life.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
  #871
onebighockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
It was against Pit on January 20th 2012. Subban made a mistake, tried to blame Gomez and when he returned to the bench he got in an argument with Ladouceur. Cunneyworth had to intervene to stop it.

You can argue that it was not a big deal and/or it is irrelevant to the current topic but stop acting as if it did not happen.
Thanks man.

onebighockeyfan is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:37 PM
  #872
417
Registered User
 
417's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Ottawa
Country: Haiti
Posts: 19,344
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
It was against Pit on January 20th 2012, Subban made a mistake, tried to blame Gomez and when he returned to the bench he got in an argument with Ladouceur. Cunneyworth had to intervene to stop it.

You can argue that it was not a big deal and/or it is irrelevant but stop acting as if it did not happen.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt, even said I don't have the best memory...he said there's video evidence of it. But he didn't produce this evidence then provided an article from someone who can choose to see whatever he wants to see and interpret it the way he wants

How do you know he tried to blame Gomez and got into an argument with ladouceur? Were you at ice level to hear what was said? You have no idea...

and my whole point in this is to say that people have their pre-conceived notions about Subban and whatever he does or doesn't do, is seen with that same pre-conceived notion (see when he was accused of spitting on an opponent). In other words, Subban doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

Did this supposed event happen? Maybe...maybe not...we don't know what was said, hell, maybe it happens all the time. But when it comes to Subban, it's sensationalised x10.

417 is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:38 PM
  #873
hockeyfan2k11
Registered User
 
hockeyfan2k11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 9,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
It was against Pit on January 20th 2012. Subban made a mistake, tried to blame Gomez and when he returned to the bench he got in an argument with Ladouceur. Cunneyworth had to intervene to stop it.

You can argue that it was not a big deal and/or it is irrelevant to the current topic but stop acting as if it did not happen.
I don't remember him blaming Gomez. Pointing to where Gomez was...isn't blaming. I believe he was motioning that he thought Gomer was going to be somewhere else.

hockeyfan2k11 is online now  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
  #874
JMMR
Registered User
 
JMMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,350
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
OHHHHH why didn't you post this in the first place...this changes EVERYTHING

serious or kiding?

JMMR is offline  
Old
01-24-2013, 06:39 PM
  #875
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable
 
Fish on The Sand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Nanaimo
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,845
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
you're using a Gaston Therrien article to back up your claim? lol...this is ridiculous

I don't even know why i'm debating this with you...

You win, he's a horrible person because he got into a shouting match with an assistant coach that no one, in this city where NOTHING is missed, has any visual evidence of

yeah...got it
I remember seeing it actually. It was a player arguing with an assistant coach. I remember it being made a big deal of and thinking it was totally ridiculous at the time, and even more ridiculous that anybody would bring it up now.

Fish on The Sand is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.