HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) II

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 12:51 PM
Hugo Sham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
again im not here saying what PKs value is or trying to slight him at all.cause honestly, i haven't seen him near as much as habs fans honestly. may have watched 10 habs games last year (center ice).. but if you are trying to imply PK is better than weber on either side of the rink i disagree
i'm implying he has a lot more value than what is being offered, and the problem as you mentioned is that most on here making offers haven't seen enough of him

Old
01-24-2013, 12:52 PM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
i'm implying he has a lot more value than what is being offered, and the problem as you mentioned is that most on here making offers haven't seen enough of him
ill agree with that 1000x .. probably the biggest problem. im getting out of here. enjoyed the discussion!

Old
01-24-2013, 12:54 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
Benn + Larsen for Subban + Eller, anyone?

Everyone is 23yo ... pretty fair IMO.
Keep walking....

Just because everyone is 23 doesn't make this a fair trade. Benn is way too important to us at the C position to give away and take back someone like Eller to fill that void. Our D is weak and could use help, but probably not at the expense of Benn.

Old
01-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Tossing in Sheahan is just adding negative value. Not many people are going to want to take on a problem child, least of all Montreal, who has enough problems with keeping players disciplined when they play here.

Filppula isn't really what the Habs need and Smith is interesting, but the Habs already have blueliners like Beaulieu and Tinordi knocking on the door...I think they'd like something more proven. Your offer leaves us with a gaping hole on our blueline.
I think you're blowing the whole teletubby situation out of proportion or you've never seen Sheahan play, including him is far from negative value.
The point is moot though, since I don't see Detroit dealing any of our prospects with NHL centermen potential consider we only have 2.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:00 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
I think you're blowing the whole teletubby situation out of proportion or you've never seen Sheahan play, including him is far from negative value.
The point is moot though, since I don't see Detroit dealing any of our prospects with NHL centermen potential consider we only have 2.
Sheahan's value to the Wings and his value in a trade aren't the same thing. The Wings are better off keeping him and hoping he gets his **** together. No team is going to fall over themselves trading for a prospect with his track record, regardless of how highly he may be thought of.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:13 PM
Jurky
Free the HolySlapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Sheahan's value to the Wings and his value in a trade aren't the same thing. The Wings are better off keeping him and hoping he gets his **** together. No team is going to fall over themselves trading for a prospect with his track record, regardless of how highly he may be thought of.
I'm not disputing that, I agree that right now his trade value is low but it's definitely not negative. Teams won't be falling over themselves to acquire him but I have zero doubt that they could trade him for something if they they were so inclined.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:14 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

The deal is going to be a forward like Matt Read and two 1st round picks from the Flyers for Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

If there is truth to the rumors that Montreal is only offering 2 years..then that is pretty ridiculous IMO and PK should be holding out until he gets a better offer. If they are only gonna give a two year deal then they should offer 5mil per year, 3m/year is too low for a player as valuable as PK if you're only handing out 2 years. It seems like Montreal wants the best of both worlds right now, a low cap hit and a short term contract..you're gonna have to give up one.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:22 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
If there is truth to the rumors that Montreal is only offering 2 years..then that is pretty ridiculous IMO and PK should be holding out until he gets a better offer. If they are only gonna give a two year deal then they should offer 5mil per year, 3m/year is too low for a player as valuable as PK if you're only handing out 2 years.
The Habs know Subban will soon be signing an offer sheet from Philly with the type of contract he wants. Montreal will not match and a trade will be worked out. The Flyers tried this with Weber and will land their guy in Subban.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
The Habs know Subban will soon be signing an offer sheet from Philly with the type of contract he wants. Montreal will not match and a trade will be worked out. The Flyers tried this with Weber and will land their guy in Subban.
Weber is a much accomplished and proven player than Subban is though, I'd be surprised if we see an offer sheet, a trade seems more likely.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:25 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
The deal is going to be a forward like Matt Read and two 1st round picks from the Flyers for Subban.
Thank god most proposals on this forum end up being far away from the truth

Old
01-24-2013, 01:27 PM
roboninja
EYG

vCash: 717
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that gets rejected by the Habs GM. Start with Couturier. Give to get.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
I'm pretty sure that gets rejected by the Habs GM. Start with Couturier. Give to get.
The rate Philly is going one of those 1sts could be MacKinnon or Jones.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:29 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
I'm not disputing that, I agree that right now his trade value is low but it's definitely not negative. Teams won't be falling over themselves to acquire him but I have zero doubt that they could trade him for something if they they were so inclined.
Maybe I should have said negative to the Habs, in fairness.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Habtchum*

I doubt Bergevin would trade him to an Eastern Confrence team.

With his declarations in the press, Subban just broke the negotiation process and he is basically forcing Bergevin to trade him. Hopefully, Bergevin won't bendvan will leave Subban at home for the rest of the season.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:32 PM
Boxscore
#oldNHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
Weber is a much accomplished and proven player than Subban is though, I'd be surprised if we see an offer sheet, a trade seems more likely.
Sheet will be to force the Canadiens hand into dealing only with Philly or matching, which they won't want to do considering the multi-year big money sheet Subban signs.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
I doubt Bergevin would trade him to an Eastern Confrence team.

With his declarations in the press, Subban just broke the negotiation process and he is basically forcing Bergevin to trade him. Hopefully, Bergevin won't bendvan will leave Subban at home for the rest of the season.
I don't see why not, I mean I doubt he'd go to a team in the NE..but if an Eastern Conference team has the best deal on the offer, I don't think they worry about which conference he goes to.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM
bobbyt91
plz quote cuz bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboninja View Post
In this situation NO TEAM is going to give up more assets(other than maybe an extra 3rd) than what a comparable offer sheet would be. So I fig Subban around 4.75-5.75/yr so at the low end its a 1st and 3rd and even if he gets up to 6.7/yr its a 1st/2nd/3rd. So Hab fans please be realistic in what could be had. I think there best bet is to match any offer sheet between $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 (1st and 3rd) but take the pics if its between $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 (1st-2nd-3rd)

Old
01-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Sheet will be to force the Canadiens hand into dealing only with Philly or matching, which they won't want to do considering the multi-year big money sheet Subban signs.
sounds like a nice piece of fiction - or wishful thinking. the habs are not the predators. you won't be bending them over. promise

Old
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
and it gets more complicated. who needs him and who has the firsts to give up etc...
I would also think there would be retaliation on part of habs going forward
I don't buy the retialition on other teams UFA's, never have. If a GM is offersheeting players out of spite, he should be fired on the spot.

If you are interested in offersheeting a player, do it. Contrary to popular belief there is no unspoken rule that teams shouldn't do it. We rarely see offersheets because players are usually locked up before, teams dont' want to give up compensation, or they know that teams will match.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
In this situation NO TEAM is going to give up more assets(other than maybe an extra 3rd) than what a comparable offer sheet would be. So I fig Subban around 4.75-5.75/yr so at the low end its a 1st and 3rd and even if he gets up to 6.7/yr its a 1st/2nd/3rd. So Hab fans please be realistic in what could be had. I think there best bet is to match any offer sheet between $3,364,391 to $5,046,585 (1st and 3rd) but take the pics if its between $5,046,585 to $6,728,781 (1st-2nd-3rd)
of course the habs will match lol.
no way they'll let him walk to a ******* like ed snyder.
right

Last edited by Hugo Sham: 01-24-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Old
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
TheSilencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally94 View Post
Benn + Larsen for Subban + Eller, anyone?

Everyone is 23yo ... pretty fair IMO.
Benn alone should fetch more.

Old
01-24-2013, 01:44 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
keep in mind the price for weber this past summer was read, meszaros, 1st, and a 2nd.. something like that. philly fans want to correct that?
You say price but I think you mean offer

Old
01-24-2013, 01:46 PM
Patty Roy

Quote:
The Flyers have $800K in cap space...how exactly are they going to sign PK to an offer sheet and stay under the cap?

Old
01-24-2013, 01:47 PM
KrisBeKreame

From the Niederreiter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Subban +3rd for Nino and Reinhart.
I'm not sure what to make of this. It is very interesting.

Closed Thread