HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) II

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 12:24 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 500
I know the habs love Subban, and respectdully so. Does it not agitate you though over how greedy he is being? I honestly do not mean this as a troll comment I just want to know the opnions of the fanbase.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Lucic for Subban swap? can't decide to put a sarcastic face.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
I know the habs love Subban, and respectdully so. Does it not agitate you though over how greedy he is being? I honestly do not mean this as a troll comment I just want to know the opnions of the fanbase.
Most fans think he should get paid what he is asking for and prefer to sign him long-term and almost nobody agrees with the GM that a bridge contract is a good idea.

* consensus seems to be he is looking for a little more than $5 million per year and less then $6 million per year - Subban says he isn't looking for Doughty type money.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:46 AM
Lux Aurumque*

I dunno about Habs fans, but I think something around Kane for Subban would work quite well.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:46 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyt911 View Post
I still don't understand why teams don't offer sheet other teams RFA's to cause cap issues. Ie offer Subban 6-6.7/yr for 8 yrs. MTL would prob match but have that Albatross contract. All the team that made the offer sheet needs to do is make sure that any RFA's they want to keep are re-signed before they can be offer sheeted.
Because real life isn't a video game? It's just bad business, plain and simple. For one, you've likely lost a trading partner. Second, it's a dickish move. There are only 30 GMs across the league, I'm fairly certain they all know each other a fair bit and most hold a kind of mutual respect for one another.

Old
01-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
I dunno about Habs fans, but I think something around Kane for Subban would work quite well.
If Trouba and Eller are added to the deal I'm in.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:02 AM
SB164

Quote:
The average fans likely hold no sympathy for a player fighting over his millions after a lockout shortened season. But the more knowledgeable fans know that it's much more complicated than it seems.

His agent Don Meehan sure as hell knows how beloved PK is in Montreal. He's become the de facto #1 defenseman over the past few years. Problem is, the Habs haven't really done much to show for it (other than 2010, props to Halak). I think where the problem lies is in the fact that many Habs fans think he's better than he actually is. In one way, this matters greatly, because this sells merchandise. He's exciting to watch, no doubt. But is that good enough? Cause if he can't hit over 40 points in the next few years, then there's a problem. We all hope, and expect, that he can.

Again, remember that Bergevin inherited this team so to speak. He's still trying to figure out who he's got on his hands. Is Subban really as good as we think he is, or is he the best in an otherwise average NHL defense (minus a healthy Markov)?

Edit: At the end of the day, he's done a lot for the team over the past few years. Everybody talks about Hal Gill having to babysit him. PK basically carried that 6'7 dude around on the freaking ice, and that's as a rookie and a sophomore. He's shouldered the burden of taking over Markov's role. PK probably walks around Montreal seeing his name on the back of thousands of jerseys, his face advertising the next game, and his replays on TSN. You best believe a brotha wants to get paid!

Last edited by SB164: 01-25-2013 at 01:15 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 01:29 AM
Paper

Quote:
Not a Habs fan, but I don't think it's that bad. With the CBA expiring there was a lot of uncertainty with negotiations and simply less negotiating time. In the end it sounds like Subban just wants to forgo that second contract, and thanks to GM's like Lowe, that's something dozens of other players have done.

Don't forget players like Iginla sat out 3 games and he had a full off-season to negotiate.

Old
01-25-2013, 01:34 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

His value is somewhat close to that of Courturier's + a bit more.

Last edited by Cory Trevor: 01-25-2013 at 02:06 AM. Reason: correction
Old
01-25-2013, 01:54 AM
Kimota
Three Bananas

Quote:
We don't really know what he's asking for, though. And what the Habs are willing to give him.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:18 AM
brandon4679

yakapov for subban is a deal that makes sense if they were to consider trading him

Old
01-25-2013, 03:03 AM
Sens Rule

I personally think he will be signed in the next few days. But assuming Montreal does trade him.... I think his "value" is around his RFA asking price or a little more. In terms of futures. For two First rounders plus a good prospect or 2nd rounder then plus a bit more.

I don't think Montreal wants to trade him, but if they won't accept a long term deal I guess the will have to trade him. They would want an established star back but that seems unlikely to happen.

Ottawa offers: 2013 First Round pick. 2014 First Round Pick. Mika Zibanejad. Mark Borowieki, 2014 2nd round pick.

Would Montreal do that?

Old
01-25-2013, 03:16 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
I personally think he will be signed in the next few days. But assuming Montreal does trade him.... I think his "value" is around his RFA asking price or a little more. In terms of futures. For two First rounders plus a good prospect or 2nd rounder then plus a bit more.

I don't think Montreal wants to trade him, but if they won't accept a long term deal I guess the will have to trade him. They would want an established star back but that seems unlikely to happen.

Ottawa offers: 2013 First Round pick. 2014 First Round Pick. Mika Zibanejad. Mark Borowieki, 2014 2nd round pick.

Would Montreal do that?
Nope, those will all be late 1sts.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:00 AM
sunnyvale420

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon4679 View Post
yakapov for subban is a deal that makes sense if they were to consider trading him
Lol yea whatre you doing up so late with ideas like this? A 1st overall winger rookie on a ELC for a emerging RFA defenseman? I dont know whether you need glasses or if your homer ones are just too thick

Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Wow I wish he would just sign already so I dont have to see all the lowball offers anymore. Same goes for all the guys who try to explain why Subban is only worth the scraps off their team.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:51 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

I think If people want subban there's got to be an asset coming back that's close in value plus a bit more.

With that in mind if Philly wanted him I'd want one of courturier or schenn back plus a little bit more. Think start with a blue chip young nhler and add a bit more. but I think a couturier subban swap is one that both sides could agree on as the basis then add pieces in or out

Last edited by subbanged: 01-25-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old
01-25-2013, 04:52 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Airlines View Post
So do I but Kane is winnipegs only true offensive star there's no way there giving him up

Old
01-25-2013, 05:03 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplysincere* View Post
My speculations...

Bergevin is not in a rush to sign Subban. Subban is not going to replace any of our top 6.

He won't replace Markov.
He won't replace Diaz.
He won't replace Emelin.
He won't replace Bouillon.
He won't replace Gorges.
He won't replace Kaberle.

Meehan is probably not the problem, as it is likely that Subban is the one making outrageous demands.

If Bergevin were to trade Subban, the most he would get for him is a 2nd rounder, maybe a late 1st (at the most).

No team wants him. Firstly, he's overrated, and the other 29 GMs know this. Secondly, and most importantly, he has a bad attitude (GMs also know this).

If Subban was so great like so many fans claim him to be, then another team would have overpaid to get him via trade, or they would have signed him to an offer sheet by now.

I predict that Subban will sit out the entire year, become a UFA, and sign with someone else over the summer (that's if any team is willing to take him), unless Subban is willing to sign below 3 Million per year on a short term basis, and willing to prove himself both as an elite player with an improved attitude.

Bergevin will set his precedence, by showing that he will not be pushed around by a player's egoistic demands, and I highly respect him for that. Furthermore, Bergevin is not going to trade Subban unless he feels pressured to do so - he's going to force him to sit out as along as he can.

Subban needs to change his attitude, and become more humble in his acts and thoughts. I think Subban has lots of passion which is great, but he needs to "come back down to Earth", and prove himself all over again, however, that won't be in Montreal.
Quote:
Subban is half the player Benn.

Therefore, Subban is worth $2.625/year.
Quote:
Gudbranson for Subban and a 1st rounder.

:
Subban
1st Rounder

:
Gudbranson
Boy, those are awesome first posts. I can't wait to read more of the insight you bring to this discussion.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
Old
01-25-2013, 05:25 AM
LotteryForLife*

Griffin Reinhart
Brendan Kitchton
3rd Round Pick

for

Subban

Last edited by LotteryForLife*: 01-25-2013 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Add Logo
Old
01-25-2013, 05:45 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post

Griffin Reinhart
Brendan Kitchton
3rd Round Pick

for

Subban
not even close

Old
01-25-2013, 05:56 AM
LotteryForLife*

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDaddy View Post
not even close
Yeah. Isles give up way too much. You're right. I'll scale it back

Old
01-25-2013, 06:01 AM
MrNasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Most fans think he should get paid what he is asking for and prefer to sign him long-term and almost nobody agrees with the GM that a bridge contract is a good idea.

* consensus seems to be he is looking for a little more than $5 million per year and less then $6 million per year - Subban says he isn't looking for Doughty type money.
I think you are only reading the posts you want to read.

Old
01-25-2013, 06:10 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotteryForLife View Post
Yeah. Isles give up way too much. You're right. I'll scale it back
you do that..

Old
01-25-2013, 06:20 AM
Maharahj