HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

*ALL* PK Subban talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) II

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 02:15 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FanHabtic View Post
How am i ridiculous? If both the Habs GM and PK's agent state that they do not share info on salary negotiations with the media then what makes you think Daren Dreger has the inside scoop? Believing Dreger is comical.
The situation is comical.

No reason PK shouldn't be signed right now unless his demands are actually over $6 mil per.

Not signing your best young player (maybe Price) due to principle? Yikes your setting a scary example for future young players.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:16 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoFlyers1825 View Post
You think Dreger just made that tweet up, and hopes it sticks?
I think he's speculating like the rest of us. Just as Bob M was speculating that the Habs may consider trading Subban when MB has never indicated anything of the sort.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:17 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
I don't think that's what anyone is saying. Dreger is one of the better ones but even he has been wrong many, many, times. The point was that none of us know what the actual numbers are. Dreger included.
Kyprios is saying the same as Dreger as well. Said there is/was barely any progressed made. Kyprios didnt mention trade or offersheet or anything like Dreger both both are reporting the same results from their last meeting of negotiating.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:17 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
The situation is comical.

No reason PK shouldn't be signed right now unless his demands are actually over $6 mil per.

Not signing your best young player (maybe Price) due to principle? Yikes your setting a scary example for future young players.
And who's to say that PK's demands are not over 6 million? Everyone here is assuming that PK is getting egregiously low-balled. Do you really think that a GM would hold firm to a 2.5M/year 2 year contract? That's just unbelievable which is why i seriously doubt Dreger's input.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:18 PM
MikeK

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think he's speculating like the rest of us. Just as Bob M was speculating that the Habs may consider trading Subban when MB has never indicated anything of the sort.
Exactly!!! Just like John Shannon, Damien Cox and Spector tweeted for over a month that Luongo to Toronto was a done deal. People need to take a step back and realize twitter is not the be all end all for truthful information. These guys are trying to feed the animal that is fan interest. Nothing more.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:18 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
Kyprios is saying the same as Dreger as well. Said there is/was barely any progressed made. Kyprios didnt mention trade or offersheet or anything like Dreger both both are reporting the same results from their last meeting of negotiating.
Yes, the results of the last meeting didn't bear fruit. That's obvious as PK has not signed yet. Not exactly breaking news from Dreger et al.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:19 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre dagenais View Post
lmao jake gardiner
bahahahahaha!

Old
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
You lost me at Kypreos. That guy left for lunch back in 2000 and hasn't been heard from since.

Old
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:

http://twitter.com/DarrenDreger/stat...65327082414080

Darren Dreger‏@DarrenDreger

Little or no progress made in PK Subban contract negotiations. Habs firm on 2 year deal, roughly $5 mil total. Offer sheet? Trade? Options.

...it really does not sound like he is speculating about the contract.

Old
nitz

Quote:
He's speculating at best. If he wasn't speculating he would have disclosed his source. Both Don Meehan and Marc Bergevin have stated that they do not discuss salary negotiations with the media. Last i checked Daren Dreger is the media.
You're a joke. Reporters RARELY disclose their sources. You're just grasping at straws to make it look like the Subban situation isn't as awful as it really is.

Old
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couturioux View Post
What a joke the Habs are right now. 5 mil over 2 years?? Hilarious.

Obviously the organization doesn't value Subban like the posters on here do. Giroux?? hahahaha
You know what a good offer would be? 9/yrs 51 million. Maybe MB should ask Holmgren for some tips.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:20 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
And who's to say that PK's demands are not over 6 million? Everyone here is assuming that PK is getting egregiously low-balled. Do you really think that a GM would hold firm to a 2.5M/year 2 year contract? That's just unbelievable which is why i seriously doubt Dreger's input.
look around... you are arguing with your self...

just say you are wrong and move on...

why the **** would dreger post that if its not true.. kyper posted the same thing also.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:20 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
Exactly!!! Just like John Shannon, Damien Cox and Spector tweeted for over a month that Luongo to Toronto was a done deal. People need to take a step back and realize twitter is not the be all end all for truthful information. These guys are trying to feed the animal that is fan interest. Nothing more.
I remember when Dreger tweeted months ago that the lockout will be over by the close of the weekend. (after the NHL came down from their ridiculous first offer). Then 3 months later the lockout ended. lol

Old
01-26-2013, 02:21 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
You know what a good offer would be? 9/yrs 51 million. Maybe MB should ask Holmgren for some tips.
at least they got a deal done.. rather to have one of your best players sit in the press box...

2 years 5 million.... WHY THE **** would subban ever think of taking this deal... it is terrible

Old
01-26-2013, 02:22 PM
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML g u n n e R s View Post
look around... you are arguing with your self...

just say you are wrong and move on...

why the **** would dreger post that if its not true.. kyper posted the same thing also.
Because he knows that weak-minded hockey starved buffoons eat that stuff up and it gets ratings. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you actually believe that these guys have the "inside" scoop?

Old
El Dandy*

Quote:
No more unbelievable than suggesting someone is asking for 12 mil and questioning the validity of someone who is about as reliable as it gets in regards to NHL player personel moves.

You can doubt all you want because that is your privilege, but the bottom line is that guys like Mac/Dreger are in the know and you're just a fan on a message board who is in damage control trying to fool yourself and anyone who will listen that there isn't trouble in paradise.

Old
MikeK

Quote:
I remember when Dreger tweeted months ago that the lockout will be over by the close of the weekend. (after the NHL came down from their ridiculous first offer). Then 3 months later the lockout ended. lol
I know. It's sad how much stock people put into twitter and everything they see from tweets.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:23 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Because he knows that weak-minded hockey starved buffoons eat that stuff up and it gets ratings. Perhaps you should ask yourself why you actually believe that these guys have the "inside" scoop?
You are actually insinuating that Darren Dreger is not an insider?

Old
01-26-2013, 02:25 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Quote:
yea your right TSN pays dreger to do jack ****...

i would take anything dregs says over what u think

Old
8spokesontheB
Cry Havoc!

As much as the home-team fans attack me for my rationale, I do like Pernell. I just dont think hes as good as many fans think he is. Last year he scored 2 even strength goals, made plenty of poor late game decisions, his east/west (cycling) skills were exposed as mediocre at best. He brings potency to the powerplay (5 pp goals), he can, under ideal conditions make a great check...but hes not the strongest in the corners, and his outlet passes -- unless completely unimpeded -- are nothing special.

The man is your ideal number 3 d-man on a team with a solid 1-2 punch of offense and shut-down on their top pair.

All that being said, I sort of do understand where hes coming from as far as looking for a big contract. He might have waited too late, as I think well see a lot less easy money-tossing in the future, and he might be looking for that one last jackpot.

But some people in here saying hes a Giroux-quality player are simply over the rainbow. The stats speak for themselves. Giroux was 3rd in scoring OVERALL last year...Pernell was 28th among defensemen. Clearly two different classes of players.

Old
FanHabtic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitz View Post
You're a joke. Reporters RARELY disclose their sources. You're just grasping at straws to make it look like the Subban situation isn't as awful as it really is.
Here's the irony of your foolish post. The impasse between the Habs and Subban is in fact worse than people are making it out to be. If it was as simple as Marc Bergevin coming off a ridiculous lowball offer like 2.5M/year then he would obviously raise the value. Simple solution. The fact that it has taken this long and still no contract smacks of something far worse. Like a huge disparity between what Subban wants and what the habs are willing to give him.

If Subban wants 8M/season then maybe MB is countering with 2.5M/season to meet in the middle. Who knows what the actual negotiating situation is. But to believe that the Habs GM is lowballing which is the absolute issue is very naive.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
at least they got a deal done.. rather to have one of your best players sit in the press box...

2 years 5 million.... WHY THE **** would subban ever think of taking this deal... it is terrible
Of course the offer is terrible. But in the long run if we can keep PK at market value or less we're going to be better off than paying our Plekanec's or your Grabo/Lupuls at market or more value.

What I think is funny is if MB is playing hardball with PK now that posters of other teams assume he is going to cave to their gm's and give PK away for scraps. He doesn't have to do a thing. Maybe someone does us a favor and gives him an offer sheet.

Old
01-26-2013, 02:27 PM
TML g u n n e R s*

Quote:
Here's the irony of your foolish post. The impasse between the Habs and Subban is in fact worse than people are making it out to be. If it was as simple as Marc Bergevin coming off a ridiculous lowball offer like 2.5M/year then he would obviously raise the value. Simple solution. The fact that it has taken this long and still no contract smacks of something far worse. Like a huge disparity between what Subban wants and what the habs are willing to give him.

If Subban wants 8M/season then maybe MB is countering with 2.5M/season to meet in the middle. Who knows what the actual negotiating situation is. But to believe that the Habs GM is lowballing which is the absolute issue is very naive.
your so right!!!!!!! negotiations are going perfect right now! the two sides are really happy with one another. Things could not be any better

Old
FanHabtic*

Quote:
yea your right TSN pays dreger to do jack ****...

i would take anything dregs says over what u think
You are entitled to your opinion and you can believe anything you want. Santa Claus, the Easter bunny, 911 conspiracy theories. Have at em!

Old
TML g u n n e R s*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
Of course the offer is terrible. But in the long run if we can keep PK at market value or less we're going to be better off than paying our Plekanec's or your Grabo/Lupuls at market or more value.

What I think is funny is if MB is playing hardball with PK now that posters of other teams assume he is going to cave to their gm's and give PK away for scraps. He doesn't have to do a thing. Maybe someone does us a favor and gives him an offer sheet.
subban is going to get what he wants or he is GONE... simple as that

Closed Thread