HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Frattin up

Old
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
Fear The Phil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
hey bro, i'm not trolling, bro. its carlyles style of play that makes this team look good so far, and i love it.
Then instead of jumpin to conclusions bro, lets see what happens before we shake up our lineup right after a win.. Just a thought

Fear The Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:38 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by PressBoxLegend View Post
I guess when our fourth line struggles we can put JVR on there too.
we do need atleast 2 lines going, watch carlyle make his moves, lines are not carved out in stone with carlyle.
with lupul gone , it makes sence now to put jvr up on the 1st line.

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:40 AM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Then instead of jumpin to conclusions bro, lets see what happens before we shake up our lineup right after a win.. Just a thought
i'm not shaking up the lines after a win.
but we have a major injure, that will last for atleast a month, so changes have to be made now.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:42 AM
Fear The Phil

Quote:
we do need atleast 2 lines going, watch carlyle make his moves, lines are not carved out in stone with carlyle.
Probably, JVR would be a great fit on the first line, but not yet. We desperately need our second line going, if that means we have to sacrifice with our first line so be it. Kessel will get his goals no matter what, evident with his play with Bozak as #1 center the last few years.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:46 AM
Leafs in 7

People keep saying how frattin is a prospect the guy is 25 and if he dosnt show something watch out still would of prefered Connolly but meh

Leafs in 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Taking bad angle shots at the net?

Man, I really hope his game turned 180 degrees from last season, or he'll be a black hole on Kadri's line.
Have you been watching their games in the AHL?

He was the Leafs' leading scorer in the 196364, 196667 and 196970 seasons, and the team's top goal scorer in 197071 and 197273. Keon was considered one of the fastest skaters in the NHL, and one of the best defensive forwards of his era.[3] He would usually play against the opposing team's top centre, and developed a reputation for neutralizing some of the league's top scorers. In 197071, he scored eight shorthanded goals, setting an NHL record.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Probably, JVR would be a great fit on the first line, but not yet. We desperately need our second line going, if that means we have to sacrifice with our first line so be it. Kessel will get his goals no matter what, evident with his play with Bozak as #1 center the last few years.
that line does need a winger , lupul was that power forward kessel needed.
mac did start on that line vs pitts, but they looked bad , so carlyle went back to lupul.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:48 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceee View Post
If Burke was here I highly doubt We'd have Conolly in the AHL, Lombardi traded, and most importantly Kadri up
Lombardi would have been gone if the same offer was on the table, and there's no reason to think it wouldn't have been, seeing as Nonis would have likely been the one making the trade, anyways.

As for Connolly/Kadri, Burke's said on numerous occasion that he leaves roster decision to the coaches.

But whatever floats your boat. If you need to believe that this is somehow a different regime, go right ahead.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
No it makes sense to keep a line together that looks like it might be working rather than deconstructing all the lines hoping to find one that is working.

It looks good so we must destroy it.

That puzzle piece fit perfectly, okay throw it back in the box and mix them up and see if we can find a piece that fits there again.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Leafs in 7

And Frattin has shown nothing in the AHL this year to see that he has turned a corner in his offense

Leafs in 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:50 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Have you been watching their games in the AHL?
I'm more concerned about the NHL level of his game than the AHL one. Even in the AHL, he hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately. I dearly hope he proves me wrong, but until then I remain very skeptical.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:54 AM
fahad203

Quote:
I'm more concerned about the NHL level of his game than the AHL one. Even in the AHL, he hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately. I dearly hope he proves me wrong, but until then I remain very skeptical.

I think you'll be very disappointed if you think he's going to light up any league. Frattin is going to be a good supportive 3rd line player. Which is ok, he plays a good hunter and gatherer game. He skates hard and forechecks.

We need more of those than Connelly, who'll have one good shift and float around

fahad203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fear The Phil

Quote:
To be fair, his expectations on the third line should be crash the net, work the boards and be ready to fire the damn puck when Kadri gives them to you. Keep it simple.

Old
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
No it makes sense to keep a line together that looks like it might be working rather than deconstructing all the lines hoping to find one that is working.

It looks good so we must destroy it.

That puzzle piece fit perfectly, okay throw it back in the box and mix them up and see if we can find a piece that fits there again.
we have a big missing puzzle now, early in the season, so things have to be tried again to get 2 strong lines working
look for jvr to move up with bozak and kessel.

Old
eyeball11

Obvious call yet begs the question (upon a healthy Lupul), who is out (as memory serves Frattin has only 3 games left until he loses exemption)?

eyeball11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fear The Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad203 View Post
I think you'll be very disappointed if you think he's going to light up any league. Frattin is going to be a good supportive 3rd line player. Which is ok, he plays a good hunter and gatherer game. He skates hard and forechecks.

We need more of those than Connelly, who'll have one good shift and float around
+1

Old
01-24-2013, 10:56 AM
G51 K81*

I hate this fan base.

G51 K81* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:57 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Good, as long as it wasn't Timothy Bradley Connolly.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Fear The Phil

Quote:
we have a big missing puzzle now, early in the season, so things have to be tried again to get 2 strong lines working
look for jvr to move up with bozak and kessel.
And what, we put JVR on the first line which starts to get going and risk our second line to crash and burn??? I much rather our second line play with confidence ESPECIALLY when they are given the bulk share of checking top lines...

Old
01-24-2013, 10:58 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
He started out fast, but wasn't in game shape as he had major knee surgery in the off season.

He can provide some grit, and has a NHL shot. It is concerning about putting him with Kadri, who has looked pretty good, but still lacks experience but I think with Komarov they'll be fine. Komarov is smart player and skates extremely well, and was 3rd. leading scorer on the champions last year.

Old
01-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Fear The Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by G51 K81 View Post
I hate this fan base.
I just hate the ones that play arm-chair GM

Old
01-24-2013, 10:59 AM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
I cant see Carlyle throwing 2 rookies on the same line.
I'd do..

Frattin-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-GRABO -Kulemin
Mac-Kadri-Komarov

Hennig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:00 AM
Kessely Snipes
Great White North

Was slightly worried it would be Connolly, good to hear this.

Kessely Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
LEAFSIN4

I don't see why JVR shouldn't be put on the first line.

Put mac back on the second line and hope production picks up now that all three players have shown that they're ready to play.

Frattin and Kadri have been playing together for a long time so it only makes sense to put him them two together with komarov on the other win.

LEAFSIN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:01 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahad203 View Post
I would expect him to be lighting up the AHL like I know he's capable of before getting the nod. Calling up a player who's slumping/snakebitten in the minors may end up being the wrong choice.

Quote:
To be fair, his expectations on the third line should be crash the net, work the boards and be ready to fire the damn puck when Kadri gives them to you. Keep it simple.
And he's had issues with all those things in the NHL. He didn't really supply much net presence, certainly not for screens/tips/rebounds. If we needed more net presence type guys (and IMO, we do), Frattin wouldn't have been my first choice (Aston/Hamilton). His shots also haven't been very effective in the NHL. Like I said, I hope he proves me wrong.