HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Frattin up

Old
01-25-2013, 06:56 AM
K19*

vCash: 500
Frattin's looking capable of replacing at least some of Lupul's production. And given age and history... oh well.

K19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:19 AM
Duke Silver
Truce?

vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Bull View Post
Frattin is here to stay, I think only two more games and they can't send him down without having to pass him through waivers.
Close, 12 games.

http://capgeek.com/waiver-calculator...010&Calculate=

Duke Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 07:21 AM
Anthrax442

vCash: 551
Quote:
Originally Posted by K19 View Post
Frattin's looking capable of replacing at least some of Lupul's production. And given age and history... oh well.
and all of MacA's production.

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:02 PM
OptimusReimer34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Silver View Post
Be it 2 games or 12, he'll probably be up on the leafs until Lupul returns and that will be more then 12 games. So what happens then?

OptimusReimer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:20 PM
leftwinghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
Be it 2 games or 12, he'll probably be up on the leafs until Lupul returns and that will be more then 12 games. So what happens then?
in my mind it's either bye bye steckel or trade Mac. No way we would risk losing Frattin to waivers. No way.

leftwinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Leafsdude7
Stand-Up Philosopher

Send a message via AIM to Leafsdude7 Send a message via MSN to Leafsdude7 Send a message via Yahoo to Leafsdude7
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinghockey View Post
in my mind it's either bye bye steckel or trade Mac. No way we would risk losing Frattin to waivers. No way.
We still have 8 defensemen. Hopefully they send Kostka or Fraser down instead.

Leafsdude7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:24 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftwinghockey View Post
He'd be gone to the first team eligible to pick him up. Hopefully he plays like we know he can and solidifies a spot on the roster.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
Ari91

Someone's going to have go down because the Leafs would be stupid to risk losing the kid to waivers. I honestly think that another team would pick him up in a heartbeat.

While we have the extra d-men who we can send down, I think we should try to move Steckel. There's no room for him on the roster. Take whatever pick you can get from him and let him walk. He's not a lot of money but get him off your books and give Frattin a spot. Especially if Frattin can keep making contributions like he has in just one game, how could you possibly put him anywhere but in your top 9?

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:35 PM
OptimusReimer34

Quote:
He'd be gone to the first team eligible to pick him up. Hopefully he plays like we know he can and solidifies a spot on the roster.
But my point is, if he does stick on the roster, who goes? Lupul would be back, jvr would be on the 2nd or 3rd line and then MacArthur would take the last spot left. And I don't think frattin would be on the fourth line so..there's the dilemma. Is Lupul coming back around trade deadline? Maybe then we could trade MacArthur to open up a spot.

Old
01-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusReimer34 View Post
But my point is, if he does stick on the roster, who goes? Lupul would be back, jvr would be on the 2nd or 3rd line and then MacArthur would take the last spot left. And I don't think frattin would be on the fourth line so..there's the dilemma. Is Lupul coming back around trade deadline? Maybe then we could trade MacArthur to open up a spot.
A guy like Komarov might not be able to stick either, but I could see him and Frattin rotating in and out of the lineup if everyone was healthy.

Raging Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:43 PM
OptimusReimer34

Quote:
A guy like Komarov might not be able to stick either, but I could see him and Frattin rotating in and out of the lineup if everyone was healthy.
I think Komarov sticks just because we need someone who can agitate while playing a grinder role. Frattin I guess can play the same type of game so I would be alright with that. Although I still wouldn't be opposed to trading Mac at the deadline to free up a spot do both could play.