HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Nichushkin tops Russian draft crop at mid-season

Old
01-23-2013, 07:00 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Nichushkin tops Russian draft crop at mid-season

Considered one of the top birth years in Russian hockey, the 1995 class has seen several of the top players leave Russia to play Major Junior Hockey in North America, a fact that is reflected in this list of 2013 prospects.

Most of the top 1995 players (like Nikita Zadorov, Nikita Serebryakov, Sergei Tolchinsky, or 2014-eligible Ivan Barbashev) already decided to cross the pond and most likely will have a better chance of being chosen at the 2013 NHL Draft. But other good prospects remain in Russia, prospects that should get some attention during the draft, particularly the players in the first half of these rankings.… read more

More...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:30 AM
Flynn84

Quote:
A smallish winger, Buchnevich is a typical Russian forward with lots of skill and speed to burn
Buchnevich is not smallish. 6'2'''

Quote:
The 2013 candidate, Valery Nichushkin, is a large winger whose biggest strength lies in his size and his body control on the ice. He is not as skillful as the top Russian prospects usually are, but he knows how to make use of his mass and is a very good skater
I think Nichushkin is skilled enough. He's maybe not a fantastic stickhandler like a Kuznetsov but his skill level is very high.

Flynn84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 06:49 AM
helicecopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn84 View Post
Buchnevich is not smallish. 6'2'''
yeah, he looks close to 190 cm to me.

I guess the writer was referring to the fact he is thin. He in fact looks lanky AND weak.

I wouldn't call his current season excellent either.
Don't know if he's been affected in games by the injuries he's gone through this season, but it's been a bit like watching a guy playing through mono: weak and sketchy attitude.

On the other hand, besides the shot praised in the writeup, he has vision and good poise to go along with his good hands.

Last edited by helicecopter: 01-24-2013 at 07:32 AM.
helicecopter is online now   Reply With Quote