HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

My second shot at more Philly proposals

Old
01-24-2013, 11:06 AM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
My second shot at more Philly proposals

To Florida: Briere+Marc-Andre Bourdon
To Philly: Brian Campbell

This trade only really makes sense (to me at least) if one or both these teams are out of the playoff picture later. Florida is deep on blue-liners and have a couple of up-and-comers in Gudbranson and Kulikov. Although, admittedly, Campbell is their top guy. Still, like I said, trade only works really if there's no playoffs. Still, they have young guns who will probably be that good eventually. They also lack top-end scorers. Plus Brieres actual salary only accumulates five mil till the end of it while Campbell's has over 21 mil. MAB is a throw-in basically. One good player on a risky contract for another.

To Phoenix: Schenn+Schenn+2nd
To Philly: OEL (preferably) or Yandle+ 3rd

Potential for potential or proven, established talent. Not sure if Phoenix can do it but they have depth at d and Philly can't really afford to give more then that. Didn't do the cap math on this one.

To St. Louis: Simmonds+3rd or Read+2nd
To Philly: Chris Stewart

Flyers need a goal scoring winger besides Harrnell to play with Giroux. Simmonds had his career year last season and Stewarts a few ago so there's slight doubt if either will repeat those performances. Read is a similar case except he's a sophomore in addition thus the pick upgrade.

Thoughts?

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:14 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
No.
No.
No.

Harrnell
No.

jw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
PayItForward

I don't see why any of those teams do any of them.

PayItForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

The Florida one seems like something that could work if FLA is ready to make a run at the Cup and the young guys have supplanted Campbell on the depth chart. And let's not pretend the actual salary figures involved don't play a role.

The Phoenix one I could see if you make it two Schenns and a 1st for OEL. That's a king's ransom.

Not sure why St Louis would ever do that last one.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:27 AM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
The Florida one seems like something that could work if FLA is ready to make a run at the Cup and the young guys have supplanted Campbell on the depth chart. And let's not pretend the actual salary figures involved don't play a role.

The Phoenix one I could see if you make it two Schenns and a 1st for OEL. That's a king's ransom.

Not sure why St Louis would ever do that last one.
Weird, I thought the STL one was maybe slightly better than the PHX one. Just applying the word potential equally to Schenn and OEL made my skin crawl.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:28 AM
FlyingHigh28*

Trade #1 makes no sense... it's even worse with your explanation. If the Flyers are making the playoffs, they aren't going to want to trade one of their proven playoff performers (even if I personally don't love Briere and his lack of backchecking, the Flyers brass clearly likes him and thinks he's playoff clutch). But I guess with our desperate need for defense you could at least argue in makes us a better playoff team.

But it's even worse for Florida... If you're making the playoffs there, you're not going to trade one of your assistant captains / a big piece of your defense / one of the QBs of your powerplay for a offense only hobbit of a center. It significantly decreases their chances of winning this year. And, if Florida is going to miss the playoffs, why in god's name would they want to take on Briere? And why would Briere waive his NMC to go there?

Trade 2: Probably not enough for OEL. Maybe for Yandle. But I still think the Yotes say no.

Trade 3: No incentive for either team to do this IMO. If you're assuming Stewart is an upgrade to Simmonds, there's no reason the Blues would trade a player they're happy with for a lesser player and a 3rd round pick. If you're assuming they are equivalent, there's no reason for the Flyers to add to Simmonds. They are just too similar to ever really make a trade. Same role, same type of player, similar value, no reason to swap them IMO.

FlyingHigh28* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:30 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 5100
Trade 2 for Yandle makes the most sense to me.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Djp

Philly needs to get an experienced D-man.

the only ones that can be gotten are ones in a walk year in this yr or next yr or the teams are in rebuilding mode or out of the playoffs. Or made a trad with a team deep in Dmen looking to move one.

One they could make an offer for....

Phaneuf

PK Subban

Yandle

Hjalmarsson

Leopold/Regehr

There are other teams looking for NHL experienced Dmen...Kings are one.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:40 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
Weird, I thought the STL one was maybe slightly better than the PHX one. Just applying the word potential equally to Schenn and OEL made my skin crawl.
Both Schenns and a high 1st (we're assuming Philly is missing the playoffs here) should be able to fetch just about anyone short of a proven, experienced superstar.

If we assume L. Schenn and Simmonds are relatively close in value, that is basically replicating the Mike Richards trade but swapping a high 1st for a middling 2nd. If that can't even get OEL I have no idea what can.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:54 AM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh28 View Post
Trade #1 makes no sense... it's even worse with your explanation. If the Flyers are making the playoffs, they aren't going to want to trade one of their proven playoff performers (even if I personally don't love Briere and his lack of backchecking, the Flyers brass clearly likes him and thinks he's playoff clutch). But I guess with our desperate need for defense you could at least argue in makes us a better playoff team.

But it's even worse for Florida... If you're making the playoffs there, you're not going to trade one of your assistant captains / a big piece of your defense / one of the QBs of your powerplay for a offense only hobbit of a center. It significantly decreases their chances of winning this year. And, if Florida is going to miss the playoffs, why in god's name would they want to take on Briere? And why would Briere waive his NMC to go there?

Trade 2: Probably not enough for OEL. Maybe for Yandle. But I still think the Yotes say no.

Trade 3: No incentive for either team to do this IMO. If you're assuming Stewart is an upgrade to Simmonds, there's no reason the Blues would trade a player they're happy with for a lesser player and a 3rd round pick. If you're assuming they are equivalent, there's no reason for the Flyers to add to Simmonds. They are just too similar to ever really make a trade. Same role, same type of player, similar value, no reason to swap them IMO.
I said the first trade was under the assumption one or both teams don't make the playoffs.

Garbage Goal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:58 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
To Florida: Briere+Marc-Andre Bourdon
To Philly: Brian Campbell

This trade only really makes sense (to me at least) if one or both these teams are out of the playoff picture later. Florida is deep on blue-liners and have a couple of up-and-comers in Gudbranson and Kulikov. Although, admittedly, Campbell is their top guy. Still, like I said, trade only works really if there's no playoffs. Still, they have young guns who will probably be that good eventually. They also lack top-end scorers. Plus Brieres actual salary only accumulates five mil till the end of it while Campbell's has over 21 mil. MAB is a throw-in basically. One good player on a risky contract for another.

To Phoenix: Schenn+Schenn+2nd
To Philly: OEL (preferably) or Yandle+ 3rd

Potential for potential or proven, established talent. Not sure if Phoenix can do it but they have depth at d and Philly can't really afford to give more then that. Didn't do the cap math on this one.

To St. Louis: Simmonds+3rd or Read+2nd
To Philly: Chris Stewart

Flyers need a goal scoring winger besides Harrnell to play with Giroux. Simmonds had his career year last season and Stewarts a few ago so there's slight doubt if either will repeat those performances. Read is a similar case except he's a sophomore in addition thus the pick upgrade.

Thoughts?
Keep trying

#1. Why would Florida do that ... seriously?
#2. Luke Schenn is garbage and the jury is still out on Brayden "I like to fly through the air on every hit" Schenn. OEL is one of the best young two-way blueliners in the game and Yandle is an All-Star. You need to give more than two questionmarks.
#3. I might do that if I'm St. Louis ... that is for Simmonds. I'm a big fan of his. Read, I think comes back to reality this year.

Last edited by OCPenguin: 01-24-2013 at 12:15 PM.
OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 11:59 AM
OCPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Trade 2 for Yandle makes the most sense to me.
That is if you buy into the Brothers Schenn and I certainly don't - especially Luke.

OCPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote