HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Leclair is 60%

Closed Thread

Old
09-19-2003, 06:14 AM
Hammerwise

vCash: 500
Leclair is 60%

Lets face it, we might be paying him 9mil to sit in press box. From camp reports he hasn't been good at all and would actually slow down Amonte and Roenick.
Do we actually want him playing at 60-80% and having Chouinard or Somik sitting? Based on the lines I've seen people make so far, I'd rather have Reechi playing on the top 3 lines, instead of playing with Lapointe and a platoon of Somik/Chouinard/Brashear/Fedoruk/etc....
I can't believe we'd have Rex playing on the 4th line. I say deal him or give him 2nd or 3rd line time.

Old
09-22-2003, 01:43 AM
panayiotis

Hold him out

Dealing him is unrealistic. Nobody wants him dude. The team has to sit him out until he gets better. if that cant happen. Meaning he is too beat up. In the summer of 2005 the flyers to have bite the bullet and buy him out.

Old
09-22-2003, 03:41 AM
Dykhuis26

You all are misinterpreting what LeClair said. He said he was 100% healthy, but 60% strong in the shoulder. Anybody who has surgery loses strength in the injured area. He should be effective as long as the shoulder is healthy and he can play without worrying about reinjuring it. I think the main thing that will be affected by less strength in his shoulder would be his wicked slapshot. But he can still use his size and strength in other areas to be effective in front of the goal where he scores most of his goals anyway.

Old
09-22-2003, 05:39 AM
RoDu

this is why the NHL needs to adopt a system like in the NFL, where a team could cut a player just like that, sorry John your're just not the player u used to be

Old
09-22-2003, 05:53 AM
Cuiff

Do you think we could trade Theiren, Brasher, Leclair and 9 mil (1/2 of John's remaining salary) to Det for a 4th round pick?

Old
09-23-2003, 05:46 PM
panayiotis

shoulders

If the shoulder is at 60%. Leclair is not ready period. Sit him out until he gets stronger.

Old
09-24-2003, 11:22 AM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyerfanofthepeg
this is why the NHL needs to adopt a system like in the NFL, where a team could cut a player just like that,
You're talking about the elimination of guaranteed contracts. I'd like to see that too, but it'll never happen.

And in LeClair's defense, shouldn't he get something extra for the years when he was the league's most underpaid superstar? I mean, the guy was earning something like $3.5 million when he was scoring 50+ goals. That was just a ludicrous salary for one of the top 8-10 forwards in the league.

He's getting now what he didn't get then. It's easy to be unhappy about it now, but everybody (especially the organization) loved it when they were getting the league's biggest bargain.

Closed Thread