HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

Two idiots can't make a trade HELP!

Old
01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Squeeven

vCash: 500
Two idiots can't make a trade HELP!

Somebody please help!! My two idiot friends are both being stupid about a fantasy trade on yahoo. The first trade offered was:

Team 1 gives:
Marian Gaborik
Paul Stastny
Ryan Miller

Team 2 gives:
Alex Pietrangelo
David Backes
Evander Kane

Team 1 realized after last night that this trade wasn't a good idea so the trade got cancelled after it was already pending. Team 2 was pissed off and we've now been sitting in the cafe arguing like idiots trying to work something out. By the way, this is for money. So we proposed another trade:

Team 1 gives:
Matt Duchene or Paul Stastny
Marian Gaborik
Ryan Miller

Team 2:
Logan Couture
David Backes
Alex Pietrangelo

Please for the love of God help me figure this out because I want to kill both of these guys so let me know which trade is more fair.

Squeeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:24 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
Let them do whatever they hell they want.

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 02:26 PM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmagic View Post
They settled it now but the pool is for money. One guy was so pissed that the other guy backed out of the original trade because he cancelled it even after the trade was pending and proposed it so my buddy was pissed and was threatening to back out of the pool and not pay the entry fee at all so it was pissing me off.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:43 PM
mitchmagic

Send a message via MSN to mitchmagic
How can you cancel a pending trade yourself?

mitchmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
romster

Is there a way to cancel the trade after it was accepted by both sides in your settings, or you as a commish canceled it?
If there is a way for a manager to cancel it then there is basically nothing to talk about, all was legal. If you canceled it as a manger because one of them asked you to do so, then that is not cool, I would be angry as hell myself and thinking about walking out.
Also, that is a lesson to you for the coming years, always collect the entry fee money before the season starts, so even if the guy threatens you he is going to walk away, he leaves his entry money with you all.

romster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 05:21 PM
stan the caddy

IIRC on Yahoo, If you vote against your own trade it gets cancelled. Nothing wrong with that. Team 2 - sour grapes.

stan the caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 08:50 PM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by romster View Post
Is there a way to cancel the trade after it was accepted by both sides in your settings, or you as a commish canceled it?
If there is a way for a manager to cancel it then there is basically nothing to talk about, all was legal. If you canceled it as a manger because one of them asked you to do so, then that is not cool, I would be angry as hell myself and thinking about walking out.
Also, that is a lesson to you for the coming years, always collect the entry fee money before the season starts, so even if the guy threatens you he is going to walk away, he leaves his entry money with you all.
Well, my friend (Team 1) said that he didn't wanna do the trade anymore and kept on vetoing to cancel it but it still said pending so he told me to veto it so I did and then it said cancelled the today (I thought it was a bit unbalanced but kept quiet about it since they both know what they're doing). Also they're new to yahoo pools so they didn't know the way it works with how long it takes trades to go through and all so he just wanted to do whatever to cancel it and all which is why he asked me to veto for him. And yeah you're right I should have collected the money first but it was kinda last minute because of how the lockout ended and all.

Anyway after like ****ing 2 hours of 4 of us (me, the commish and another guy in the pool who were trying to help them come up with a deal) they worked out a trade.

Team 1 gives:
Ryan Miller
Marian Gaborik

Team 2 gives:
David Backes
Alex Pietrangelo
Evander Kane

I also changed the trade settings to 1 day pending period and commish allows or rejects trades, no more vetoing. Thanks for the help though guys.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:59 AM
romster

Yeah, 1-2 day pending period on tardes is good, as well as the setings where guys can't veto, exactly the way I have my Yahoo league set up.

Still, to piss you off, you should not have used your commish power to cancel it :-)

With that said, good luck to your team, hope the money stays home

romster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 12:42 PM
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas

vCash: 69
Are you one of the idiot friends?

DuckJet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-26-2013, 11:57 AM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by romster View Post
Yeah, 1-2 day pending period on tardes is good, as well as the setings where guys can't veto, exactly the way I have my Yahoo league set up.

Still, to piss you off, you should not have used your commish power to cancel it :-)

With that said, good luck to your team, hope the money stays home
That's the thing though, I didn't use any commish power to cancel it, all I did was veto it; I didn't know the commish's veto automatically cancels the trade :S

Old
01-26-2013, 11:58 AM
Squeeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Are you one of the idiot friends?
lol no. It was my two buddies at school (both of whom are full blooded Italian so you can just imagine how rock headed they are. I'm half Italian so I'm not as rock headed )

Old
01-27-2013, 04:37 PM
iamnyr244

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchmagic View Post
i agree.

iamnyr244 is offline   Reply With Quote