HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs Lounge V104: A great man once said, FIRE BURN THE ICE.

Closed Thread

Old
01-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Hugh Janus*

vCash: 500
Actually Pavelski is 0G 8A as of now.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:14 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

Crazy that Marleau has 2 goals in every game so far

Old
01-26-2013, 05:30 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleLeafs9 View Post
Idk if I'm in the minority or not....actually, I know I'm in the minority, but does anyone else here think we can make it?
Really depends on if we can get good goaltending consistently

Old
01-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
My brothers fiance + her sister + someone we used to work with coming over tonight. Missing the leafs game....

Old
01-26-2013, 06:51 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
My brothers fiance + her sister + someone we used to work with coming over tonight. Missing the leafs game....
Who's getting hooked up wioth the sister?

Side note.

In **** with the wife.

too much to explain.

Married life is awesome.

Old
01-26-2013, 07:12 PM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Who's getting hooked up wioth the sister?

Side note.

In **** with the wife.

too much to explain.

Married life is awesome.
Happy wife, happy life ... I abide

Productive day considering I woke up at 11:30 .. Made a good breaky, got some Timmy's steeped tea, and cleaned up my room which included completely reorganizing my closet and getting myself set up to organize my storage room tomorrow so I have more space to store my hockey gear

Old
01-26-2013, 07:25 PM
kamosko
Ginger Jesus

Can't watch the game, how's it going so far?

Old
01-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Hugh Janus*

Love this song

Old
01-26-2013, 08:18 PM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
Can't watch the game, how's it going so far?
Not bad .. Leafs are having a hard time getting consistent offensive pressure and keeping the cycle going, but they don't look like they've got their legs (the look tired, 3rd game in 4 nights) and are being outmuscled a bit by the bigger Rags team .. That being said, they made the the most of their opportunities early that they don't have to be risky and force the play up ice .. They're being solid defensively, not giving the Rags many good scoring chances and Reimer's being stout in nets so far

Got 15 minutes to grind out a big road win

Old
01-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

**** i hate being in the gdt it is always dion's fault even though it really isn't. swear to god next time he isn't on the ice and it'll be still his fault.

01-26-2013, 08:32 PM
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

no chance for reimer

Old
01-26-2013, 08:39 PM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

Welp that's the game .. Tough bounces tonight for the buds, normally if Frattin blocks a shot like that it springs him on a break

Poor Reimer, played so well tonight

Old
01-26-2013, 08:45 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

If my wife sucked as much as hte LEafs she'd be getting knee pads for Christmas.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:46 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
**** i hate being in the gdt it is always dion's fault even though it really isn't. swear to god next time he isn't on the ice and it'll be still his fault.
It wasn't Dions fault LR.

It was REimer.

The team as a whole was brutal.

Old
01-26-2013, 08:51 PM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

Quote:
It wasn't Dions fault LR.

It was REimer.

The team as a whole was brutal.
Reimer was good, defence was solid .. Forwards were just not able to get their legs going and get sustained offensive pressure, caused the Leafs to sit back too much on that lead and it bit them .. The only good forwards were the Kule, Grabo, JVR line .. Kessel needs a better winger than MacA, someone with size at least, Lupul is really being missed .. Kadri was alright he tried to make some plays but was outmuscled against a bigger Rags team .. Frattin couldn't get anything going, Komarov was solid

As a group the forwards were sub par .. A positive though is the solid PKing

Old
01-26-2013, 08:56 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Reimer was good, defence was solid .. Forwards were just not able to get their legs going and get sustained offensive pressure, caused the Leafs to sit back too much on that lead and it bit them .. The only good forwards were the Kule, Grabo, JVR line .. Kessel needs a better winger than MacA, someone with size at least, Lupul is really being missed .. Kadri was alright he tried to make some plays but was outmuscled against a bigger Rags team .. Frattin couldn't get anything going, Komarov was solid

As a group the forwards were sub par .. A positive though is the solid PKing
So....They Sucked??

Old
01-26-2013, 08:57 PM
legendinblue
LEAFS SUCK

The effort level was just pathetic...

Old
01-26-2013, 09:03 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

No forecheck, no drive and no consistent effort.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:06 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
No forecheck, no drive and no consistent effort.
Can we sell now?

OR do we need a few more games of humiliation?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Can we sell now?

OR do we need a few more games of humiliation?
if its mac and conolly please do so. the others I think we can keep and still have a future.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:15 PM
Epictetus
Global Moderator
Create yourself.

vCash: 4200
My opinion of the Leafs has actually just hit rock bottom.

Why?

-Not good enough to make the playoffs; not bad enough to draft Seth Jones.

-I was never a fan of Carlyle, but was willing to give him a chance. Now, I don't know anymore. Kostka played 32 minutes tonight (Mirtle).

-I can't see Dave Nonis doing the job here. That Jefferey Lupul contract extension was a total WTF to me. This team needs a Paul Holmgren-type of GM.

-Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf are nice role-players. I don't believe they can dominate and lead the Leafs to a Cup.

-For whatever reason, the team has no concept of 'rock bottom' when it comes to players. Too many guys get a free pass around here.

On the positive-side, I am a huge JVR fan. I liked him with the Flyers, and was dying to see Schenn traded. He's going to be that top line winger for this team, not Lupul.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

Well.. The way I see it, we make the playoffs which is great because it means this team show a playoff calibre lineup from the forwards through the d to the goaltending .. They tank, it clearly means they didn't gel and there are some obvious moves to be made .. If they're mediocre and finish in the 7-15 range, that's fine too, it means there were glimpses of hope from players that we want to see succeed with this group going forward

IMO we'll finish in the 7-20 range, it can vary .. Despite out streak of losses there are good things to see, like Grabo earning his contract so far, Kule's play is getting better, JVR has shown us good signs, Kadri's being a beauty, Frattin's a keeper, Kessel's showing he can play a 2 way game, Phaneuf is showing he can actually play steady defense (just getting too many minutes)

There's a lot of growth still to go with this group, but they're getting there ... If not this season then maybe next .. Worst comes to worse, we get an awesome draft pick .. If we don't, the Leafs have the assets to move up

Old
01-26-2013, 09:16 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
if its mac and conolly please do so. the others I think we can keep and still have a future.
MY only untouchables are Kessel, Lupul and Rielly.

I want an upgrade at basically 16 of the starting 19 positions.

But basically we need to get a handfull of players out of this draft that is supposed to be the best since 2003.

Old
01-26-2013, 09:21 PM
BertCorbeau
Hellloooo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post

Why?

-I was never a fan of Carlyle, but was willing to give him a chance. Now, I don't know anymore. Kostka played 32 minutes tonight (Mirtle).

-I can't see Dave Nonis doing the job here. That Jefferey Lupul contract extension was a total WTF to me. This team needs a Paul Holmgren-type of GM.

-Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf are nice role-players. I don't believe they can dominate and lead the Leafs to a Cup.

-For whatever reason, the team has no concept of 'rock bottom' when it comes to players. Too many guys get a free pass around here.

On the positive-side, I am a huge JVR fan. I liked him with the Flyers, and was dying to see Schenn traded. He's going to be that top line winger for this team, not Lupul.
I think a game like tonight shows how valuable Lupul is to Kessel as a winger, Lupuls big bodied presence and solid skill are big reasons why Kessel was able to take his game to the next level last year

Lupul was a large part of Kessel's success and consistency last year, and Lupl's career year pace was because he was matched with an elite player in Kessel .. It goes both ways

Unless Kule or JVR can step in for that role, Kessel will have a tough year scoring-wise

Old
01-26-2013, 09:23 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epictetus View Post

Why?

We can be if we sell. No reason we can't have our pick a top 2-3 and grab another 3-4 1st round picks thourgh trades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Well.. The way I see it, we make the playoffs which is great because it means this team show a playoff calibre lineup from the forwards through the d to the goaltending .. They tank, it clearly means they didn't gel and there are some obvious moves to be made .. If they're mediocre and finish in the 7-15 range, that's fine too, it means there were glimpses of hope from players that we want to see succeed with this group going forward

IMO we'll finish in the 7-20 range, it can vary .. Despite out streak of losses there are good things to see, like Grabo earning his contract so far, Kule's play is getting better, JVR has shown us good signs, Kadri's being a beauty, Frattin's a keeper, Kessel's showing he can play a 2 way game, Phaneuf is showing he can actually play steady defense (just getting too many minutes)

There's a lot of growth still to go with this group, but they're getting there ... If not this season then maybe next .. Worst comes to worse, we get an awesome draft pick .. If we don't, the Leafs have the assets to move up
Why wait until it is too late. Even if this team does gel and is good enough to grab the 8th seed, why doo it?

Sell now. Grab draft picks from teams that think they will make it, but may end up missing the playoffs.It would be nice to have 3 or 4 extra balls in the lottery.

Closed Thread