HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Madness the 17th: A game on TV! Saturday vs Detroit 10am PT/1pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-07-2013, 08:40 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Who uses the standard rosters anyway? I never buy the game untill Operation Sports puts out their rosters with full minors.

And in MLB The Show you can change player ratings while you're playing. It really helps because their prospect system is garbage, majority of the players in the minors have F potential which means they get worse from Day I, so if you lets say draft 1st overall and get a great player with horrible potential, you can artificially make him as a good as he's supposed to be.
Yeah I had to end up tweaking so many players on the Jays in MLB '12.

I like the new hitting system for the game too. Instead of just clowning around on easy and hitting .500 with 90 HRs + 200 RBIs there's a progression system and as you improve in hitting, the pitching starts to get more and more difficult.

Oh and it looks like they fixed potential too. They added blue chip signs to players in the draft and a top 50 (best prospects) sign to players in the minors. In the newest video one of the devs talked about how players will regress rather than make all-star teams at the age of 40 and players will improve a lot more frequently as they reach their primes.

Last edited by Eyedea: 02-07-2013 at 08:56 PM.
Old
02-07-2013, 08:58 PM
Buddio
CFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Yeah I had to end up tweaking so many players on the Jays in MLB '12.

I like the new hitting system for the game too. Instead of just clowning around on easy and hitting .500 with 90 HRs + 200 RBIs there's a progression system and as you improve in hitting, the pitching starts to get more and more difficult.

Oh and it looks like they fixed potential too. They added blue chip signs to players in the draft and a top 50 (best prospects) sign to players in the minors. In the newest video one of the devs talked about how players will regress rather than make all-star teams at the age of 40 and players will improve a lot more frequently as they reach their primes.

2k12 is miles ahead in terms of a good simming engine. Too bad the gameplay is meh.

Old
02-07-2013, 09:06 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

Everything about 2k is meh or bleh

Old
02-07-2013, 09:10 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

Apparently that roster screen was from 2016 according to the devs (Bautista still a 99 OVR woo)

Also yay OS rosters (although this is the first time in years I'm not doing the Jays for the roster set)

Old
02-07-2013, 09:27 PM
Eyedea
The Legend Continues

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaYVn...utu.be&t=4m40s

Old
02-07-2013, 11:57 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

10:15pm: The contract will have a base salary of between $750-$900K, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. The total value of the deal will be worth $2.4MM if Lyon hits his incentive bonuses (Twitter links).

Mets sign Lyon to a bargain deal. I mean wow, I thought he would easily get more than that. Jays definitely could have fit him in if Oliver had decided to retire (I obviously prefer Oliver over Lyon but just sayin').

Perhaps some middle relievers have lost some negotiation power due to the loss of Type B compensation pick that a team could get out of them. Sucks to be a reliever if you're not a legit closer or set-up man.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:04 AM
Dwight K Schrute

It was interesting to listening to Jeff Passan saying that his sources told him that if the MLB believes this doping incident is a separate one for Melky they will go after him and he will be suspended for 100 games.

Old
02-08-2013, 08:34 AM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

MLB is becoming the NFL now for suspending players with circumstantial evidence if that happens

What a joke (but that will be one hell of a grievance from the PA)

Old
02-08-2013, 09:52 AM
Nullus Reverentia

Didn't see it posted. Keith Law did his top 100 prospects. Two jays, Sanchez at #19 and Roberto Osuna at #87.

Just for context, his top 10 was:
1. Jurikson Profar
2. Oscar Tavares
3. Dylan Bundy
4. Wil Myers
5. Xander Bogaerts
6. Christian Yelich
7. Francisco Lindor
8. Gerrit Cole
9. Taijuan Walker
10. Addison Russel

Ex Blue Jays are D'Arnaud (#14), Nicolino (#62), Marisnick (#82), Syndergaard (#97)

Old
02-08-2013, 11:25 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
It was interesting to listening to Jeff Passan saying that his sources told him that if the MLB believes this doping incident is a separate one for Melky they will go after him and he will be suspended for 100 games.
that makes no sense at all.

Old
02-08-2013, 12:25 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight K Schrute View Post
Quote:
Before the session with fans, Anthopoulos told reporters that last week’s report contained nothing new about Cabrera, covering details related only to last year’s suspension. He expects no further penalties.
http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...melky-cabrera/

Old
02-08-2013, 12:43 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
10:15pm: The contract will have a base salary of between $750-$900K, Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports. The total value of the deal will be worth $2.4MM if Lyon hits his incentive bonuses (Twitter links).

Mets sign Lyon to a bargain deal. I mean wow, I thought he would easily get more than that. Jays definitely could have fit him in if Oliver had decided to retire (I obviously prefer Oliver over Lyon but just sayin').

Perhaps some middle relievers have lost some negotiation power due to the loss of Type B compensation pick that a team could get out of them. Sucks to be a reliever if you're not a legit closer or set-up man.
Not a good time to be a reliever that's for sure. Lyon is a very good one as well. I'm really surprised there didn't seem to be much of a market for him. Mets really taking advantage of players that weren't able to find a home.

Old
02-08-2013, 01:41 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Not a good time to be a reliever that's for sure. Lyon is a very good one as well. I'm really surprised there didn't seem to be much of a market for him. Mets really taking advantage of players that weren't able to find a home.
I think teams have, for the most part, caught on that relievers are volatile and fairly replaceable and the market has adjusted accordingly

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
Sometimes I use Twitter: @Nemesis_HF
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
02-08-2013, 01:48 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
I think teams have, for the most part, caught on that relievers are volatile and fairly replaceable and the market has adjusted accordingly
I think the era of the high priced closer is over along with that.

So many teams, including the successful ones like the Giants (Romo) Cards (Motte) and Jays (Janssen) have them.

Old
02-08-2013, 02:07 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I think the era of the high priced closer is over along with that.

So many teams, including the successful ones like the Giants (Romo) Cards (Motte) and Jays (Janssen) have them.
Doubt it, closers will still get a lot of money. We just saw Soriano get a ton and that was with a compensation pick tied to him.

The market hurts the middle relievers though. Teams usually paid them a bit more to sign with them and an understood agreement that the reliever would decline the qualifying offer if he was a Type B FA. Now, since there is no more of that, I suppose teams are thinking "why overpay for middle relievers who are so volatile and replaceable?".

Old
02-08-2013, 03:45 PM
trellaine201

Woof woof in St Louis

Buerhle's family and dogs will be spending the season living in St Louis.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Jays look to trade him if the right deal comes to fruition.

Just an opinion.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:56 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
Buerhle's family and dogs will be spending the season living in St Louis.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the Jays look to trade him if the right deal comes to fruition.

Just an opinion.
Honestly now is the time to sell if you can. That contract is nasty beyond this year and if he regresses even slightly that's an unmovable contract. Happ can fill in a the #5 spot and with Hutchison, Drabek and Nolin fast approaching we have arms to phase in over the next year.

Old
02-08-2013, 03:57 PM
theaub
34-38-61-10-13-15

Snow makes me miss baseball

Only two more weeks until games!

Old
02-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Dwight K Schrute

Quote:
What is your point... of course he is going to say that. You think AA is going to say "we think they might suspend him for 100 games".

Anything AA says on this matter is going to be to hopefully draw attention away from the situation.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:11 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodman19 View Post
Honestly now is the time to sell if you can. That contract is nasty beyond this year and if he regresses even slightly that's an unmovable contract. Happ can fill in a the #5 spot and with Hutchison, Drabek and Nolin fast approaching we have arms to phase in over the next year.
Nah, they can't and won't move him this season. I'd move him next off-season, even if you gotta eat a bit of salary. Unless Buehrle implodes or something, teams will want him. He will give you a ton of innings, a decent ERA + he has intangibles which teams value.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:23 PM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Nah, they can't and won't move him this season. I'd move him next off-season, even if you gotta eat a bit of salary. Unless Buehrle implodes or something, teams will want him. He will give you a ton of innings, a decent ERA + he has intangibles which teams value.
Lets say he gets hurt this year and only pitches 100IP, suddenly all that history of being a workhorse means nothing and 18 million is a hard sell.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:34 PM
Nasty Nazem
Come at me Crow!

Quote:
Lets say he gets hurt this year and only pitches 100IP, suddenly all that history of being a workhorse means nothing and 18 million is a hard sell.
He has never been on the DL so I am going to say that is unlikely to happen. It also depends on what the injury is. If he misses starts due to like a broken foot or something, teams will stay take him. If he blows out his shoulder or elbow, yeah, that would hurt.. and it would also mean Jays are obviously cursed.

Old
02-08-2013, 04:36 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyedea View Post
Everything about 2k is meh or bleh
honestly their mechanics are great but their graphics and other aspects are horrible.

02-08-2013, 05:09 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
I think unless they can get a good pitcher back for him their just gonna go forward with him and hope for the best. Your right though that it's a big gamble with what is gonna happen with his contract. But it does really seem like AA wants him for the duration

Old
02-08-2013, 05:17 PM
DatsyukianDeke*
Dangle Dangle

Since he is already in St Louis.

Buerhle and Lind for Allen Craig and Shelby Miller

Closed Thread