HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Off-Season Madness the 17th: A game on TV! Saturday vs Detroit 10am PT/1pm ET

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 09:41 AM
Dark Knight
#TheStroShow

vCash: 500
Buehrle is a professional. He won't let that come in his way of performing.

Now is not the time to even entertain trading him. We need SP depth. It is a business and we haven't taken a contract of giving athletes exactly what they want. The guy makes tons of cash that makes it possible for him to go see his family, or his family to come down and see him.

Live with it.

No way should we even entertain the idea of playing around with our SP depth.

02-14-2013, 09:59 AM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Buehrle is a professional. He won't let that come in his way of performing.

Now is not the time to even entertain trading him. We need SP depth. It is a business and we haven't taken a contract of giving athletes exactly what they want. The guy makes tons of cash that makes it possible for him to go see his family, or his family to come down and see him.

Live with it.

No way should we even entertain the idea of playing around with our SP depth.
Plus, if the Jays did not really want him or his contract they did not have to have him included in the deal. Or did they? I think that if they were forced to take on his contract, I am sure AA would have flipped him right away after the trade became official if he did not want him.

Old
02-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Woodman19
#TeamBernier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Plus, if the Jays did not really want him or his contract they did not have to have him included in the deal. Or did they? I think that if they were forced to take on his contract, I am sure AA would have flipped him right away after the trade became official if he did not want him.
Or maybe other teams didn't want to take on a contract with 2 backloaded years for 18 million per season. To put it into perspective, on next years team that will include Bautista, Reyes, Dickey, Encarnacion and possibly Johnson. Buehrle will make the most of anyone on the team.

Last edited by Woodman19: 02-14-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Old
02-14-2013, 10:42 AM
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's

vCash: 50
Anyone have any idea of the set rotation? Know its early but theyve already announced Dickey as opening day starter, figured they might have an idea of the order. Hoping to get tickets to Johnsons debut, just trying to figure out what game that is

Old
02-14-2013, 10:44 AM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Gary Scott View Post
Anyone have any idea of the set rotation? Know its early but theyve already announced Dickey as opening day starter, figured they might have an idea of the order. Hoping to get tickets to Johnsons debut, just trying to figure out what game that is
Gibbons already came out with what he hopes will be the rotation... obviously barring injury or something else forseen:

Dickey: Opening Night
Morrow: Gm #2 vs. Clev
Buerhle: Gm #3 vs. Clev
Johnson: Gm#1 vs. Bos
Romero: Gm #2 vs. Bos

Old
02-14-2013, 12:54 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

vCash: 995
And even if its not JJ pitching that night, that's going to be one hilarious game.

Old
02-14-2013, 12:55 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaub View Post
And even if its not JJ pitching that night, that's going to be one hilarious game.
LOL.

With my flex pack I've got tickets to the opener and Saturday's game... debating picking up tickets to the first game of the Bos series just so I can join in on the chorus of boos when managers are introduced.

Old
02-14-2013, 01:33 PM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
So, did any catch that according to Beeston, their goal is to average 37,000 fans per game this season?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle8286326/

Old
02-14-2013, 02:38 PM
KuleminFan41

I wonder why Buerlhe wouldn't want to try to live in Buffalo or NY for his dog,his fam is staying in Miami why not try there. Maybe the long drive would be the pain but that sounds like a fairly solid resolution but hey I'm not him so IDK

Old
02-14-2013, 02:55 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuleminFan41 View Post
I wonder why Buerlhe wouldn't want to try to live in Buffalo or NY for his dog,his fam is staying in Miami why not try there. Maybe the long drive would be the pain but that sounds like a fairly solid resolution but hey I'm not him so IDK
Well St Louis is his regular home. Last year he had a home in Miami through the season and then they move back to St Louis at the end of the year where the currently are.

He's got young kids who are still in school etc. It must make sense for them to stay in the same house for the full year round rather than move to buffalo and then back to St Louis.

Other than the fact that Buffalo is brutal, its a 2 hr drive away from the RC. There's no way it makes sense to go home after a friday night game at 11pm and come back to the dome two hours before a 1pm start the next day. He wouldn't be able to see them regularly anyways, so he's probably figured that he's better off hopping on a plane to St Louis here and there.

Old
02-14-2013, 06:16 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 50
Single game tickets go on sale at 10:00am tomorrow.

How quickly will opening night sell out?

Old
02-14-2013, 06:21 PM
Jozay
lolwut?

vCash: 1020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Single game tickets go on sale at 10:00am tomorrow.

How quickly will opening night sell out?
10:01

Old
02-14-2013, 08:04 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

From what I hear from my ticket rep (and I couple of guys I know who work there), 10:01 might be optimistic.

If they have more than 1000 tickets to sell I'd be surprised.

Old
02-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Shoeless Joe

Quote:
From what I hear from my ticket rep (and I couple of guys I know who work there), 10:01 might be optimistic.

If they have more than 1000 tickets to sell I'd be surprised.
Hate to be that guy.... but I think you meant 10:01 might be possible?

Old
02-14-2013, 10:00 PM
theaub
Lets go Hawks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Joe View Post
Hate to be that guy.... but I think you meant 10:01 might be possible?
No I mean I think its optimistic to potential ticket buyers to think tickets will be there at 10:01

Then again, my verbiage is usually terrible so it probably doesn't make sense

Old
02-14-2013, 11:43 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

single games for the opener went on sale for those with season tickets / flex packs already, my brother went on at the first minute to buy and they were already gone

stub hub has already jacked things up

good luck

Old
02-15-2013, 12:29 AM
Kb21

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
So, did any catch that according to Beeston, their goal is to average 37,000 fans per game this season?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle8286326/
ha, ya right. i'm looking at 30k avg if the jays actually live up to hype. jays fans are just to spread out across the country for the dome to have that many fans daily.

Old
02-15-2013, 12:40 AM
Shoeless Joe

Quote:
No I mean I think its optimistic to potential ticket buyers to think tickets will be there at 10:01

Then again, my verbiage is usually terrible so it probably doesn't make sense
no no that makes sense. Please forgive me.

Old
02-15-2013, 03:00 AM
HappyGilmourr

Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
LOL.

With my flex pack I've got tickets to the opener and Saturday's game... debating picking up tickets to the first game of the Bos series just so I can join in on the chorus of boos when managers are introduced.
The first game of the Boston series is going to be sold out by tomorrow afternoon. It's the game everyones talking about I no i'm going to try for this game.

Old
02-15-2013, 07:01 AM
Shimso

The Jays publish a formal statement from Cabrera:

Quote:
"Last season ended for me when I admitted taking a banned substance and accepted and served my punishment of a 50 game suspension. Since that day, my goals have been to serve my punishment and to put that mistake behind me, and to work hard to be the best baseball player I can be. At the end of last season, when it became clear that I would win the batting title despite my positive test, I asked the Players Association and MLB to make sure a more deserving player won, and I am very happy that my former teammate Buster Posey won that award instead of me.

I also accepted the Giants' decision not to bring me back for the Playoffs after I served my punishment. Instead, I continued to work hard so I could be ready for the 2013 season. I hoped and expected that I would be allowed to put my mistake behind me and to start this season fresh.

I am aware that in the past weeks, there have been news articles written about so-called patient files from a Miami clinic, and the MLB and others are investigating those allegations. I have told MLB I will cooperate in their investigation the best I can, just as my legal counsel has told federal investigators. I have been instructed by legal counsel not to answer questions relating to the pending investigations. This statement will be the last comment I will make on the events of the 2012 season. I have put my mistakes behind me, have learned my lesson, and have served my punishment. I am here to play the best baseball I can to help the Toronto Blue Jays win a World Championship."
http://mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=...048098994-1057

Old
02-15-2013, 08:47 AM
Felstead
Boss Status

Anyone else just waiting to hit the buy button like myself once the clock strikes 10?

Old
02-15-2013, 08:55 AM
Nasty Nazem
The North Remembers

Gregor Chisholm ‏@gregorMLB

Anthopoulos reiterated that he does not expect any further punishment for Cabrera by MLB stemming from this offseason's report in Miami.

Old
02-15-2013, 08:56 AM
AlienWorkShop
No Ben! No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kb21 View Post
ha, ya right. i'm looking at 30k avg if the jays actually live up to hype. jays fans are just to spread out across the country for the dome to have that many fans daily.
The Jays did manage 29.6k as recently as 2008, which plummeted to 23.1k in 2009, then 20k in 2010. It has slowly built up since then to 25.9k last year...

Excluding new stadiums, a cursory look at year-to-year attendance increases suggest the most you can expect to increase in one year is 15-20%, so perhaps 29.8-31.1k this year... Though the Jays can certainly be considered to have a higher potential audience given the early 90s attendance figures and the city's sheer population.

It'll simply be a matter of keeping things interesting by August-September and I think the Jays can manage low-30s easily and then they can build from there going forward.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:20 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasty Nazem View Post
Gregor Chisholm ‏@gregorMLB

Anthopoulos reiterated that he does not expect any further punishment for Cabrera by MLB stemming from this offseason's report in Miami.
God I hope not, this guy could be one of the steals of the offseason if his OBP is anywhere NEAR where it was last year. I don't expect it to be close to last year, and I'd expect his limited power to be even more limited off the juice (no big deal, we've got a couple mashers already), but in the 2-hole, that OBP he may be able to produce would be key.

Old
02-15-2013, 09:23 AM
Felstead
Boss Status

Quote:
Sorry, no exact matches were found, but other tickets may still be available.

Try the following:

Split Your Request

We were not able to find the requested number of seats in the same row. Seats close together may be available in adjacent rows in the same section.
Find Tickets »

Use Power Search

Search for tickets across multiple dates to find exactly what you want.
Power Search »

Search again

Select "Best Available" or "Any Price".

Change the quantity of tickets requested.

Double check your promotional code or password, if you used one.

At the time of your search, another customer may have been viewing the tickets you want and then decided not to buy them.

Keep checking back

FYI: New tickets often become available for purchase as the event date nears
Does that mean tickets are sold out? This is driving me nuts

Closed Thread