HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
01-30-2013, 08:10 PM
Csonked Out

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
It's not the TMZ videos. That's silly.

Poni's literal words were that he had heard nothing from Lou other than some blanket statement of interest.

When you're a guy whose been around the league like he has, you don't wait around for contracts. The Jets threw him some money and he got to be re-united with Antropov.
No brainer for him.

Lou didn't even touch Marty, Moose or captain-to-be Sal's contracts til his final offer was in Parise's hands.
IMO, this is inexcusable. You should know where you stand by July 1st as you have had 6 months to negotiate. I know he has his reasons, but he was dead wrong on this one. God forbid Zajac or Kovy get hurt this year, we would be absolutely screwed with the lack of depth we have.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:13 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
It's not the TMZ videos. That's silly.

Poni's literal words were that he had heard nothing from Lou other than some blanket statement of interest.

When you're a guy whose been around the league like he has, you don't wait around for contracts. The Jets threw him some money and he got to be re-united with Antropov.
No brainer for him.

Lou didn't even touch Marty, Moose or captain-to-be Sal's contracts til his final offer was in Parise's hands.
I don't think the TMZ thing had anything to do with it. Just something someone us brought up. I think he may have very well been a casualty of the Zach Parise sweepstakes. He didn't wanna wait a day like the other guys. I can't blame him either.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:13 PM
CerebralGenesis

Zajac got signed already. Maybe that is a light through the tunnel, although lou probably doesn't want to travel through the tunnels much longer.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

It`s understandable just as inexcuseable, maybe even more of the former. Lou should`ve see that coming, but I doubt even Parise knew what he was about to do at the time (say whatever you want, I have my theories). Lou, much like Poile, was in a desperation mode. One of his biggest stars was leaving after months of sweet-talking. It`s tough.

I too assumed Poni would be willing to wait, he just seems like that kind of a guy. Guess we were both wrong. Maybe he really wanted to play with his buddy Antropov again, who knows.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:15 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I don't think the TMZ thing had anything to do with it. Just something someone us brought up. I think he may have very well been a casualty of the Zach Parise sweepstakes. He didn't wanna wait a day like the other guys. I can't blame him either.
I was of fan of him since freshman year at UND, but damn he has cost us so much this year. He is dead to me.....always will be

Old
01-30-2013, 08:24 PM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
IMO, this is inexcusable. You should know where you stand by July 1st as you have had 6 months to negotiate. I know he has his reasons, but he was dead wrong on this one. God forbid Zajac or Kovy get hurt this year, we would be absolutely screwed with the lack of depth we have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
I was of fan of him since freshman year at UND, but damn he has cost us so much this year. He is dead to me.....always will be
It's as much Lou's fault as it is Parise's, but the only remaining bitterness I have from this summer is that the team was handcuffed for 4 days without being able to make any big moves. Really would have been nice to be able to be a part of the bidding on July 1st with other FAs.

We'll see how that all works out by season's end, I guess.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:38 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
It's as much Lou's fault as it is Parise's, but the only remaining bitterness I have from this summer is that the team was handcuffed for 4 days without being able to make any big moves. Really would have been nice to be able to be a part of the bidding on July 1st with other FAs.

We'll see how that all works out by season's end, I guess.
Well this year could be different. Hopefully we sign everyone before July 1 so we can go after some new blood.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:47 PM
Stevens 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevilsjds View Post
Well this year could be different. Hopefully we sign everyone before July 1 so we can go after some new blood.
We're going into this off-season with so much cap space, even if everyone isn't signed we should still be able to be active. I really hope Elias and Clarkson are locked up long before July 1st though.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:55 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige14 View Post
We're going into this off-season with so much cap space, even if everyone isn't signed we should still be able to be active. I really hope Elias and Clarkson are locked up long before July 1st though.
Just remember the cap drops back to 64.3m next year. We will still have plenty of cap space, but not as much as one would think.

Old
01-30-2013, 08:56 PM
apice3*

hfboards wants it both ways again. If we re-signed poni and marty and company first, hf would have cried that lou didnt have his priorities in order and should have tried harder with parise instead of everyone else.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:04 PM
njdevilsjds
#CoryDays

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige14 View Post
Me too if those two are signed we can focus on the likes of Corey Perry

Old
01-30-2013, 09:05 PM
kiwidevil

Would like to bring in a 3rd line C and keep Henrique at centre with Elias. Then if we need to load up we can always move Henrique up to Zajac's wing for shifts and not struggle at centre.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:08 PM
Mgd31

Pretty sure Elias said he's better at center now

Old
01-30-2013, 09:13 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidevil View Post
Would like to bring in a 3rd line C and keep Henrique at centre with Elias. Then if we need to load up we can always move Henrique up to Zajac's wing for shifts and not struggle at centre.
Wingers are usually easier to get, and they come cheaper. This is what our lineup will look like in April, IMO:

Henrique - Zajac - Kovy
Zubrus - Elias - ???
??? - Josefson - Clarkson
Carter - Gionta - Bernier

Anxious to see who fills in the holes. I've secretly been pulling for Winnipeg to lose because I really want Poni back. Both sides expressed mutual interest before Parise happened.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:23 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

If Poni's departure had anything to do with the TMZ videos, Clarkson would have been blacklisted from stepping on the Prudential Center premises by Lou for walking into that parking meter

Old
01-30-2013, 09:24 PM
kiwidevil

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Wingers are usually easier to get, and they come cheaper. This is what our lineup will look like in April, IMO:

Henrique - Zajac - Kovy
Zubrus - Elias - ???
??? - Josefson - Clarkson

Anxious to see who fills in the holes. I've secretly been pulling for Winnipeg to lose because I really want Poni back. Both sides expressed mutual interest before Parise happened.
I was thinking the Loktionov angle

Zubrus - Zajac - Kovy
Elias - Henrique - Clarkson
JJ - Loktionov - XXXX

Then if you want to load up move Henrique to Zubies spot and Elias back to centre.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:27 PM
apice3*

I don't see the Kings dealing him with their scoring woes, personally. I also think Clarkson is better suited on the 3rd line and I can't see JJ moving to wing if he keeps playing this well at C, although he has been pretty meh at faceoffs.

Old
01-30-2013, 09:53 PM
RANDOMH3RO

I would love to get Paul Statsny. It would be a two for one giving the team more scoring and better centre depth.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:04 PM
devilsblood

count me in on Paul Stastny.

That's a guy I would target.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:07 PM
devilsblood

Unfortuneatly av's are way under the cap as well, so we don't trade leverage in that regards.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:16 PM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
hfboards wants it both ways again. If we re-signed poni and marty and company first, hf would have cried that lou didnt have his priorities in order and should have tried harder with parise instead of everyone else.
Not me. I had a feeling he was gone anyway. I still was disgusted Marty went to UFA. I don't want that happening to Patty this year.

I can't rush to blame Lou on that one though. Could have been Hucksterbeeks fault since finances weren't as good as they are now. I always said Marty would wait for Zach, but I had it in my mind that Marty would sign on June 30th.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:20 PM
manilaNJ

Re: Stastny

Colorado needs D - but wouldn't they also need a center back a well?
Not too familiar with their depth chart - but I can't assume they wouldn't want some kind of offense coming the other way, as well.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:21 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Re: Stastny

Colorado needs D - but wouldn't they also need a center back a well?
Not too familiar with their depth chart - but I can't assume they wouldn't want some kind of offense coming the other way, as well.
They don't need a center if they can get O'Reilly under contract.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:24 PM
manilaNJ

Well, yeah, hat's the main reason I question if they'd want something back.

Otherwise this kind of trade is on the shelf til they get ROR back. No idea how long that'll be.

Old
01-30-2013, 10:26 PM
KohoDonuts88

Colorado won't be trading Stastny until ROR is signed and Landeskog comes back. They're down 3 forwards right now, including Downie.

Closed Thread