HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 12:15 AM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliDevil View Post
Isn't Antropov a center? But imagine a Zubrus-Antropov-Poni line.
He is, and he's good on face-offs.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:17 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
I mentioned it earlier, but I never mentioned what we would give up.

Would you guys be fine with Tallinder+prospect+pick for Antropov AND Ponikarovski?

Not sure what the Jets need, but the pick depends on the prospect and their needs, if we can even fulfill them.
Well who is the prospect and what is the pick?

Old
01-31-2013, 12:26 AM
Jack Griffin

Quote:

Would you guys be fine with Tallinder+prospect+pick for Antropov AND Ponikarovski?

Not sure what the Jets need, but the pick depends on the prospect and their needs, if we can even fulfill them.
Well they signed Poni because they needed forwards so I don't think they can trade away 2 forwards.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:29 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

I'd love to have Poni back. Maybe if it happens we can actually re-sign the guy and not have Zachy ruin it.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:40 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Quote:

Poni just got friggin' Joe Sova and a 4th. I'm guessing something like Tallinder, Burlon, and a 3rd would be enough in terms of value, but I was under the impression the Former Thrashers were set at defense? Enstrom, El Gordo, and Hainsey are a solid top-3 and from what I hear they're very pleased with the way Postma has been coming along.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:52 AM
apice3*

Granted he's not signed very long, but Stastny is pretty overpaid. He's Zajac lite making but making 6.6 per year.

Old
01-31-2013, 12:53 AM
apice3*

Poni only signed a one year deal so if Winnipeg is out of the running, he will come cheap.

Old
01-31-2013, 01:20 AM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Poni just got friggin' Joe Sova and a 4th. I'm guessing something like Tallinder, Burlon, and a 3rd would be enough in terms of value, but I was under the impression the Former Thrashers were set at defense? Enstrom, El Gordo, and Hainsey are a solid top-3 and from what I hear they're very pleased with the way Postma has been coming along.
El Gordo? is that Byfuglien or Bogosian?

Old
01-31-2013, 01:30 AM
KohoDonuts88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
One of my favorites. Sean Burke to Hartford for 2nd round pick, and Bobby Holik. Then again this was no heist. Just one of our best trades. Someone else went with Burke too, but I forgot. Jay Pandolfo became that second round pick.

Jason Arnott and Randy McKay to Dallas for Jamie Langenbrunner and Joe Nieuwendyk. Arnott was better than Langenbrunner, but it wasn't a night and day difference. However McKay was a good example of a player we cut ties with at the right time. Dallas pretty much just got Arnott though cause McKay was slated to be a UFA. Nieuwendyk was not until the next year. I'm not sure if a pick was involved anywhere. McKay, and Nieuwendyk were the same age, but there was a night and day difference by this time.
Weinrich went with Burke.

Verbeek for Sylvain Turgeon was a step down, but we got 30 goals from Turgeon in his one year and Lou flipped him for Claude Lemieux.

Can never forget Tom Kurvers for the pick that became Niedermayer.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:20 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Jets fan who comes in peace.

Quote:
He plays all three positions. He usually plays right wing (even though he's LH) or C.
He started the season playing RW with Poni-Burmistrov-Antro line but we've moved Wellwood to Antro's spot and now Antro is C our 2nd line between Ladd and Little.

Most of the HFBoard fans enjoy Poni and Antro... but a lot of the general populace can sometimes get cranky with Antro because what he brings/dollar (blue collar city and all).
They would have to be deadline rentals, as I don't see the Jets making a move unless it looks like playoffs are impossible.

To answer needs (not value, just needs):
#4D preferably shutdown or two-way LHD... Hainsey's time in the Jets is probably up. Enstrom and Byfuglien have first pair down pat, but Bogosian will be alone as neither Stuart, Redmond, or Postma are up for the task and Trouba is a good 2-3 years from that spot.
Potential top6 C... no team can ever have too many of these although both Scheifele and Burmistrov have some promise.
And of course, draft picks... this is a team that focuses on building and developing platform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
I think Antropov has more trade value than Ponikarovsky... but I'm poor with assessing value so I can't unfortunately tell you what a package of those two would pull.
To answer your question about D... Jets' are like last years TBL forwards... great top but terrible depth.
Enstrom, Byfuglien and (injured) Bogosian are great. Hainsey is a 4/5 tweener, Stuart and Postma are 6s, and Clitsome is a poor #7. When you remove Bogosian with the injury that means our 2nd pair is a 4/5 tweener and a 6... not good.

Last edited by garret9: 01-31-2013 at 03:36 AM.
Old
01-31-2013, 06:42 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Wow, they would be trucking fools all over the ice. Very big line, with tons of grit and just enough skill.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:51 AM
apice3*

Sounds like a job for Tallinder. Not sure how much would needed to be added for Poni and/or Antropov

Old
01-31-2013, 09:57 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

What exactly does Winnipeg want in order to let those two go?

That's the question.....

Old
01-31-2013, 10:01 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Henrique-Zajac-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Elias-Clarkson
Antropov-Josefson-Ponikarovsky
Carter-Gionta-Bernier

??

Old
01-31-2013, 10:04 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

I'd take back Poni back but unfortunatly, that ship has sailed or else we would've signed him when we had the chance. Antropov, I wouldn't touch with a ten feet pole. He's soft as hell and I don't see him working out in our system.

We should look for another option IMO.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:14 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

^ Poni signed a one-year-deal. Maybe the Devils can re-acquire him next season?

Old
01-31-2013, 10:18 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Granted he's not signed very long, but Stastny is pretty overpaid. He's Zajac lite making but making 6.6 per year.
5 20 goal seasons for Stastny compared to 2 for Zajac. 2 70 point seasons for Stastny, zero for Zajac.

Now I'll assume Zajac plays a more complete game, but Stastny is significantly more accomplished offensively. So I don't sweat Stastny's contract in the least.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:19 AM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
I'd take back Poni back but unfortunatly, that ship has sailed or else we would've signed him when we had the chance. Antropov, I wouldn't touch with a ten feet pole. He's soft as hell and I don't see him working out in our system.

We should look for another option IMO.
Yeah I would not look to trade for Poni. Maybe wooh him back in the offseason. But not looking to trade for a guy who just left and is a fa again at years end.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:27 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
^ Poni signed a one-year-deal. Maybe the Devils can re-acquire him next season?
That I wouldn't mind but I don't think we should throw assets for a player that signed elsewhere not even 6 months ago. There has to be a reason he decided to sign with another team and no, the Parise saga isn't why IMO.

It's not like he couldn't of signed with another club after Parise made his mind and it's not like he would've missed out on a 5 year deal worth 5M$ per. He got a one year deal for roughly the same salary he was making last year.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:28 AM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Any interest in Dubi, he's not exactly off to a good start in Columbus, but I think he would fit right in to our forechecking system on our 3rd line. Hard nosed player with size who can chip in offensively.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:30 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Any interest in Dubi, he's not exactly off to a good start in Columbus, but I think he would fit right in to our forechecking system on our 3rd line. Hard nosed player with size who can chip in offensively.
Hard nose is exactly right...

I really hate the guy, so it's probably my heart talking here but I don't want anything to do with horseface Dubinsky.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:33 AM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
5 20 goal seasons for Stastny compared to 2 for Zajac. 2 70 point seasons for Stastny, zero for Zajac.

Now I'll assume Zajac plays a more complete game, but Stastny is significantly more accomplished offensively. So I don't sweat Stastny's contract in the least.
Stastny hasn't cracked 60 points in two years. Since Duchene and Landeskog broke out, Stastny's numbers have dipped. He's a good player, but nearly 7 mil is a bit much for me. Maybe next year as a rental.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:35 AM
apice3*

Absolutely not to Dubinsky. 4 mil for a guy who brings 30 points and a wannabe tough guy attitude is dumb.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:39 AM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Stastny hasn't cracked 60 points in two years. Since Duchene and Landeskog broke out, Stastny's numbers have dipped. He's a good player, but nearly 7 mil is a bit much for me. Maybe next year as a rental.
If we're able to offload the contract of Volchenkov in a deal for Stastny, it would be like adding a player that makes 2.5M$/3M$ per.

It's not as if we'd be eating his entire contract whitout sending anything the other way.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:43 AM
apice3*

If Stastny is being dealt, it means Colorado is out of the running and I can't see Volchenkov waiving his NTC in that situation. Plus I don't know why Colorado would dump a 6+ mil player to bring in a 4+ mil player.

Closed Thread