HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trades?

Closed Thread

Old
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
so apparently Tedenby has yet to report to Alabny

hmm.
Probably wants to go back to the SEL

Old
01-31-2013, 03:22 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
I would kill for ryder

but not at 4.5 mill
Why not....our cap space is fine especially for Tallinder or Volch going their way

Old
01-31-2013, 03:26 PM
Wingman77

With Fayne's surprise injury and Tedenby not being at Albany practice, it clearly means they are part of a trade package

Old
01-31-2013, 03:32 PM
devilsblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoDevils View Post
If the team really is in "win now" mode, is it possible they are showcasing Matteau for some reason? That would explain why he wasn't immediately sent back to junior. To a lesser extent, are they showcasing Josefson playing him at wing with TZ and Kovy?

Maybe Lou really is looking for a Kovy-esque package around someone like Perry. As a pending UFA, does Volch + Josefson + 2nd get it done? Or if you went all out for Ryan, Volch + Josefson + Matteau + 2nd or 3rd?
For a soon to be FA? I would not.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
CerebralGenesis

He just didn't report to Albany? What does that even mean?

Old
01-31-2013, 03:34 PM
Devils731

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
For those asking about Mattias Tedenby, Lou Lamoriello said he will meet up with Albany in Providence and play Friday.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
He just didn't report to Albany? What does that even mean?
They had practice, Tedenby did not show up

Old
01-31-2013, 03:35 PM
tycobb

"For those asking about Mattias Tedenby, Lou Lamoriello said he will meet up with Albany in Providence and play Friday." TG

Old
01-31-2013, 03:36 PM
Mory Schneideur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsblood View Post
For a soon to be FA? I would not.
Why not, it worked with Kovy. Our mission is to win a cup now, not 5 years from now. We worry about later when it's time to cross that bridge.

We have a very solid team even without a trade and I would trade those assets for Perry or Ryan in a heartbeat. It won't hurt us financially & cap-wise and will be more than a perfect replacement for Pari-who-what's-his-face.

Do it Lou!

Edit: how cool would it be for everyone to convert their #9 jerseys from that traitor to Ryan?

Old
01-31-2013, 03:37 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

This is the last year on Ryder's contract I believe. That $4.5 million is no problem.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Henrique Iglesias
Doc & Chico Forever

Quote:
so apparently Tedenby has yet to report to Alabny

hmm.
Ruh-roh

Edit: Nevermind, thanks for the info tycobb.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:39 PM
Richer's Ghost
#26 to #25 for #2

vCash: 369
Tedenby got lost in the city on his way to Albany.

Old
01-31-2013, 03:41 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrique Iglesias View Post
Mogilny wasn't that bad in his return to Jersey (25 pts in 34 games). It was just bad timing with Elias coming back and clashing with Captain Crankypants.

Actually one of the few times I was pissed at Lou for having a player like him end his career in the AHL.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Mogilny was a problem in the locker room that second go around. Larry Robinson mentioned him personally after he stepped down. That and the fact he he had to be buried to make room for Elias. We also buried McGillis too that year in the AHL.

Old
01-31-2013, 04:03 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Any interest in Dubi, he's not exactly off to a good start in Columbus, but I think he would fit right in to our forechecking system on our 3rd line. Hard nosed player with size who can chip in offensively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DEVILS ALL THE WAY View Post
Hard nose is exactly right...

I really hate the guy, so it's probably my heart talking here but I don't want anything to do with horseface Dubinsky.

I wouldn't mind Dubinsky and Anisimov. I've always liked both guys, thought they were pretty underrated for what they brought. Dubinsky was still a very good second/third line player even if he wasn't producing, and Anisimov was a great third liner.

I think the Rangers are realizing right now how that trade wasn't as much of a steal that they thought it was.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:19 PM
nugg
Swamp Dragons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
One of my favorites. Sean Burke to Hartford for 2nd round pick, and Bobby Holik. Then again this was no heist. Just one of our best trades. Someone else went with Burke too, but I forgot. Jay Pandolfo became that second round pick.

Jason Arnott and Randy McKay to Dallas for Jamie Langenbrunner and Joe Nieuwendyk. Arnott was better than Langenbrunner, but it wasn't a night and day difference. However McKay was a good example of a player we cut ties with at the right time. Dallas pretty much just got Arnott though cause McKay was slated to be a UFA. Nieuwendyk was not until the next year. I'm not sure if a pick was involved anywhere. McKay, and Nieuwendyk were the same age, but there was a night and day difference by this time.
We gave up our 2002 1st in that Arnott deal. We then drafted poorly in the 2002 draft, with only our 4th rounder Cam Janssen playing a substantial amount of games in the NHL. In the 2nd round we took Anton Kadeykin, who basically played in just two seasons of organized hockey (according to the Hockey DB), two picks later the great Barry Tallackson. Two picks after Barry, Chicago drafted Duncan Keith. Hindsight...

Old
01-31-2013, 05:43 PM
KohoDonuts88
8.5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugg View Post
We gave up our 2002 1st in that Arnott deal. We then drafted poorly in the 2002 draft, with only our 4th rounder Cam Janssen playing a substantial amount of games in the NHL. In the 2nd round we took Anton Kadeykin, who basically played in just two seasons of organized hockey (according to the Hockey DB), two picks later the great Barry Tallackson. Two picks after Barry, Chicago drafted Duncan Keith. Hindsight...
2003 Cup = worth it

Old
01-31-2013, 05:44 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Any interest in Dubi, he's not exactly off to a good start in Columbus, but I think he would fit right in to our forechecking system on our 3rd line. Hard nosed player with size who can chip in offensively.
Not a chance. Dubinsky is massively overpaid for what he brings. I'd much prefer to laugh at the Jackets for being stuck with him than bring him in.

Quote:
Yandle for Stasty does make some sense
I think the Coyotes would be nuts to do that. Yandle is more valuable to them.

Old
01-31-2013, 05:46 PM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
2003 Cup = worth it
Yup and I forgot about that first round pick going to them.

Also LOL at Barry Tallackson! I cringed everytime that guy was called. He was this jack of all trades. Master of suck.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:40 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
For those asking about Mattias Tedenby, Lou Lamoriello said he will meet up with Albany in Providence and play Friday.
WTF?

You mean Lou will suit up and PLAY on Friday? Need to get some tickets for that game...

Seriously, though, I know the "he" is referring to Tedenby. It's called "an attempt at humor", folks. Don't overreact like certain people.....

Old
01-31-2013, 08:51 PM
nugg
Swamp Dragons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KohoDonuts88 View Post
2003 Cup = worth it
Yes, I'd have to agree on that. It was just their drafting that year was poop, not that trade.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:10 PM
Tretyak 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
WTF?

You mean Lou will suit up and PLAY on Friday? Need to get some tickets for that game...

Seriously, though, I know the "he" is referring to Tedenby. It's called "an attempt at humor", folks. Don't overreact like certain people.....
I LOL'ed.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:02 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
I'd take back Poni back but unfortunatly, that ship has sailed or else we would've signed him when we had the chance. Antropov, I wouldn't touch with a ten feet pole. He's soft as hell and I don't see him working out in our system.

We should look for another option IMO.
Quote:
That I wouldn't mind but I don't think we should throw assets for a player that signed elsewhere not even 6 months ago. There has to be a reason he decided to sign with another team and no, the Parise saga isn't why IMO.

It's not like he couldn't of signed with another club after Parise made his mind and it's not like he would've missed out on a 5 year deal worth 5M$ per. He got a one year deal for roughly the same salary he was making last year.
He's actually not soft anymore... I hated the guy in TOR days... but he's actually changing for the better. He rarely loses board battles, fights his way to the front of the net, and being a bit of a pest (he got the calm Alferdson to take a retaliatory penalty haha) has all led to him winning over the Jets fans.

And to answer about Ponikarovsky, Antropov called him personally and told Poni to come play with him. No lie.

With Byfuglien and Bogosian both out with injuries (although Buff is just day to day) Tallinder+ may do it. I'm not good with values so I'm unsure of the plus, sorry guys.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:14 AM
Bleedred
Boedker sucks

I wouldn't be surprised if we see another minor move tomorrow. Lou said so himself one of the last two days that we're still trying to figure out the situation with the forwards.

I actually meant to post this in the other thread, but it's fine here I guess. Not a trade, but some kind of a move like maybe Anderson going back, but I think it would probably be after this weekend more than likely.

Old
02-01-2013, 01:50 AM
kiwidevil

I'd like to have JJ play 4th line centre minutes and maybe have lil Gio move up a spot to 3rd line C. Or get a 3rd line C and have lil Gio play wing on the 3rd line.

He has some offense in him. He is in good positions in the goalies face for rebounds and is great in the high slot for point shot tips. His 5 hole goal was nice the other day too.

Edit: So what I want is two 3rd liners.

Wouldn't mind Troy Brouwer. Has some jam and can play on higher lines.

Last edited by kiwidevil: 02-01-2013 at 02:04 AM.
Old
02-01-2013, 02:27 AM
DevilsAnimal*

Just sign me, I can play all 12 forward roles

Closed Thread