HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take to get Daze?

Closed Thread

Old
09-22-2003, 09:40 AM
monster_bertuzzi

vCash: 500
What would it take to get Daze?

On the Nucks boards we've heard tons of rumours that Smith is in the market for an offensive d-man who can run the PP?

What do Hawk fans think of this proposal:

To Chi: Sopel,Umberger,Ruutu
To Van: Daze

Old
09-22-2003, 12:44 PM
Slowe

Then you've heard wrong. We have McCarthy Dempsey and Quint. If Smith picks up a d-man it will not be a soft offensive player. I don't know Sopel so well so I'm not necessarily describing him, but I don't think he's quite what we'd want. Especially for Daze. If we trade Daze it's for as close to a number one defenseman as we can get.

Actually there have been lengthy discussions about Vancouver and Chicago as trading partners and people don't seem to think it would work. I would have interest in Allen but am not sure what else you'd want to toss in there. Umberger and Chubarov don't really interest me and they seem to be the other names mentioned most. Allen for Sullivan is closer but no Nuck fan wants Sully coming the other way. So in short, I agree.

Old
09-23-2003, 11:03 AM
RI Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
On the Nucks boards we've heard tons of rumours that Smith is in the market for an offensive d-man who can run the PP?

What do Hawk fans think of this proposal:

To Chi: Sopel,Umberger,Ruutu
To Van: Daze

Vancouver gives up way too much for an older player who is often injured and inconsistent.

Old
09-23-2003, 01:19 PM
Teemu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RI Canuck
Vancouver gives up way too much for an older player who is often injured and inconsistent.
28 is old?
one injury makes someone often injured?
He's inconsistant? since when? he's the most consisant player on the team

Old
09-23-2003, 07:21 PM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

Sure daze a few flaws in his game, what NHL player doesn't ? but this guy can light the lamp, has great size and isn't bad on his skates either.

I doubt the hawks even return calls asking about him unless its for a can't miss high quality sort of offer. For example if the sharks called and mentioned a guy like marleau... but the sharks aren't gonna call.

Sopel is solid, has good size and can move the puck. BUt I doubt the nucks are willing to part with him and open a hole in their blueline. They are a good shot to making the western finals on talent alone and D wins games in the playoffs not more offense.

Old
09-23-2003, 10:30 PM
Spiffy

vCash:
I bet Tuomo would feel good with his brother around for his first season... I doubt Dazé is going anywhere though.

Closed Thread