HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs lose 7-4. Screw you Aucoin, trolled us.

Old
01-24-2013, 09:25 PM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafsfan2point0 View Post
getting luongo will only set this team back for the longterm.
Yeah I want to see where this Reimer/Scrivens...Leafs playing better defense scheme goes.

If it goes well...playoffs. If it doesn't, top 5 pick and a chance at Seth Jones, MacKinnon,Monahan, Drouin, Barkov...I'll take that.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:27 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
I just finished watching the game and honestly I'm not even disappointed right now..
If we had decent goaltending that game we would have won. The islanders' 4th and 5th goals were pretty brutal, and that really affected the team obviously. I think the team actually did pretty well at limiting quality chances, and weren't all that bad. Glad to see Frattin with the big night. I know this sounds premature as well, but I'm really starting to think Kadri is a budding star. He has been the leafs best player offensively in the last 4 games, and doesn't show any signs of slowing down. The leafs will do well this year, hopefully led by their young guns.

JVReemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
p.l.f.
mvp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Yeah I want to see where this Reimer/Scrivens...Leafs playing better defense scheme goes.

If it goes well...playoffs. If it doesn't, top 5 pick and a chance at Seth Jones, MacKinnon,Monahan, Drouin, Barkov...I'll take that.
sounds good

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Game in one word? I think "embarrassing" does a good job summing it up.

7even is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Auzzie19

Gunnarson 3pt night......

Auzzie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Count Von Grabo*

F this team

Count Von Grabo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoner View Post

Trade, get some idiots.
We've been doing that for years. I hope Nonis stays the course and sticks with the guys we have until the deadline then he can dump the guys who aren't coming back next season like Mac.

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:28 PM
dimi78

The goaltending is going to get ripped to shreds right now as it should. I'm not going to spend too much time on this topic but I've said if it before if tonights performance in goal becomes the norm there's no system and absolutely nothing the team can do in front of them that Carlyle can implement that will change things to what Ron Wilson endured in Toronto who was blamed for the bad D and bad PK over his time here. This was the type of goaltending that started the colossal fall out of the playoffs last year. It sucked the life out of the team then and it sucked the life out of the team tonight.

Now here's something for all the MacArthur loving fans with blinkers on. He starts with Grabo and Kulemin the line struggled with creating offense, he gets moved JVR joins Grabo and Kulemin and suddenly there's offensive flow on the cycle to that line.

Mac is put with Kadri who has been on fire for a period and a half and Komarov during that time there was no flow to that lines offensive cycle. Sure Mac scored off of the hard work off the rush from Kulemin and the skilled play of Kadri to get the puck on net that Mac tipped to score the trend that I want to be noticed is that there was no offensive flow to the line during the cycle that was once there with JVR, Kadri, Komarov. Since Lupul got hurt General MacArthur joined Kessel and Bozak that were playing really well what happens to these 2 no flow to the line.

It's not a coincidence people it's been the trend of his since he became a Leaf this guy just isn't a good hockey player there's no smarts to his game in understanding where to go on the cycle to keep it going, on the cycle regardless of who he plays with seems to die on either his stick or because he's not reading where to go forcing his team mates on the ice to do something top notch individually to sustain the cycle. That's the issue with a passenger on a line it takes away from the other 2. There's too much reliance of him for his line mates to do everything so he could reap the awards of scoring goals getting points to be even noticed out there. It was time for Mac to go 3 years ago after his career season why they still keep this guy on the team I will never understand, it's like a reincarnated Jonas Höglund 2.0 watching this guy and it's driving me nuts. He scored 20 goals and put up descent numbers as a Leaf at one time but nobody wanted him on the team how Mac has even one fan in LeafNation after watching Hoglund as a Leaf leaves me perplex to be honest.

dimi78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:29 PM
bunjay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
That's because they play a defence system with defence-first players!
I think it;s because St Louis is just really good, and Nashville isnt exactly an offensive powerhouse to start with.

bunjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7even View Post
Game in one word? I think "embarrassing" does a good job summing it up.
Look at the Prediction Contest thread title.

" ***Predictions #04: vs Islanders, JAN 24, The joke of the east ‎"

What the heck does that make us?

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:31 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

rangers on sat. they lost tonight to philly, torts must be mad

cup67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:32 PM
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunjay View Post
I think it;s because St Louis is just really good, and Nashville isnt exactly an offensive powerhouse to start with.
Dig deeper.

St Louis is just really good because.....

they play a defensive system with good defensive players.

Old
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

I just hope Carlyle doesn't keep this love affair with Kostka going for too long. He's alright even strength, but PLEASE for the love of god take him off the PP, PLEASE!!!

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Inverted

As others stated in this thread, No need to worry only another 44 games to go (2 and a half months) If the Buds play well great; playoffs if not then a top 5 pick.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:33 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Thank god my internet was down and i dont have Leafs TV saved myself 3 hours

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I just hope Carlyle doesn't keep this love affair with Kostka going for too long. He's alright even strength, but PLEASE for the love of god take him off the PP, PLEASE!!!
JVR - Kadri - Kessel

Gunnarsson - Gardiner

Old
Mr Scarface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
rangers on sat. they lost tonight to philly, torts must be mad
True. and that decides the game.

without a nr1 goalie we cant win

Mr Scarface* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hurt
Global Moderator

We have to improve a lot of things in a short time because even though the Rangers haven't looked GREAT, they'll run us over.

01-24-2013, 09:34 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi78 View Post
The goaltending is going to get ripped to shreds right now as it should. I'm not going to spend too much time on this topic but I've said if it before if tonights performance in goal becomes the norm there's no system and absolutely nothing the team can do in front of them that Carlyle can implement that will change things to what Ron Wilson endured in Toronto who was blamed for the bad D and bad PK over his time here. This was the type of goaltending that started the colossal fall out of the playoffs last year. It sucked the life out of the team then and it sucked the life out of the team tonight.

Now here's something for all the MacArthur loving fans with blinkers on. He starts with Grabo and Kulemin the line struggled with creating offense, he gets moved JVR joins Grabo and Kulemin and suddenly there's offensive flow on the cycle to that line.

Mac is put with Kadri who has been on fire for a period and a half and Komarov during that time there was no flow to that lines offensive cycle. Sure Mac scored off of the hard work off the rush from Kulemin and the skilled play of Kadri to get the puck on net that Mac tipped to score the trend that I want to be noticed is that there was no offensive flow to the line during the cycle that was once there with JVR, Kadri, Komarov. Since Lupul got hurt General MacArthur joined Kessel and Bozak that were playing really well what happens to these 2 no flow to the line.

It's not a coincidence people it's been the trend of his since he became a Leaf this guy just isn't a good hockey player there's no smarts to his game in understanding where to go on the cycle to keep it going, on the cycle regardless of who he plays with seems to die on either his stick or because he's not reading where to go forcing his team mates on the ice to do something top notch individually to sustain the cycle. That's the issue with a passenger on a line it takes away from the other 2. There's too much reliance of him for his line mates to do everything so he could reap the awards of scoring goals getting points to be even noticed out there. It was time for Mac to go 3 years ago after his career season why they still keep this guy on the team I will never understand, it's like a reincarnated Jonas Höglund 2.0 watching this guy and it's driving me nuts. He scored 20 goals and put up descent numbers as a Leaf at one time but nobody wanted him on the team how Mac has even one fan in LeafNation after watching Hoglund as a Leaf leaves me perplex to be honest.
he has an A , HE IS GOING NO WHERE

Old
Kingstonian84*

I look at this season so far like potty training, we're learning how to go from a pure offensive system to a structured mix of offense/defense, everyone is still learning and adapting, this won't happen overnight. Sure there will be some good nights (ala Pittsburgh, Montreal) and accidents along the way (ala tonight) but at the end of the day we will reach the goal of being a structured team that is tough/complext to play against.

As for tonight, Scrivens just proved why he isnt and never will be a #1, he was extremely scrambly in net, gave up tons of rebounds and let in at least 2 stinkers. Scrivens may have had a solid AHL career, but I'm sorry but he's nothing but a glorified backup in this league, its time to look elswhere for answers in net.

The team upfront played a solid 20 mins, but they failed to realize you need to put in a full 60 min effort if you hope to win. I'm sure Carlyle will bag-skate the entire team tommorow, and fine tune where they went wrong tonight, this is not something he will let go.

Overall though I'm not worried, we're on the right track.

Kingstonian84* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
AuGsY

-Franson out Komi in
-Get kostka off the PP
-Start reimer as much as we can. Scrivens is a poor excuse for a back up let alone a starting goalie and we can't afford to waste games on him.
-Macarthur should be playing 3rd line minutes at best, I can't see many teams that would have a player like him on there 2nd line.(21 mins TOI tonight compared to kadri's 16....fail)

AuGsY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bomber0104

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Thank god my internet was down and i dont have Leafs TV saved myself 3 hours
Cancel your subscription to the Comedy Network for the next three months cuz the Leafs have got you covered there.

Old
goonx

Exactly what I've said all along, Scrivens is not an NHL back-up. I've seen him play on multiple occasions as a Marlie. AHL starter for sure but not yet to the next level.

And no, we don't trade for freaking luongo like other the idiots are saying after 1 game. This is EXACTLY what vancouver wants. Desparate to overpay.

Stay on this ship and see if we can get a top pick or get bernier in a decent trade. Battle down the hatches and weather the storm. It's going to be a short one and sunny afterwards

goonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoner View Post
true. And that decides the game.

Without a nr1 goalie we cant win
riemer played good vs the pens, the rangers dont have the offence the pens have

Old
01-24-2013, 09:35 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomber0104 View Post
Look at the Prediction Contest thread title.

" ***Predictions #04: vs Islanders, JAN 24, The joke of the east ‎"

What the heck does that make us?
Oh I thought that was directed towards us

7even is offline   Reply With Quote