HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamonic Injured - Sprained Ankle

Old
01-28-2013, 10:11 AM
Trumanperro

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Trumanperro
Hamonic Injured - Sprained Ankle

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday

#Isles say D Travis Hamonic has a sprained ankle. Left MTS Centre last night in a walking boot. Likely out tomorrow vs. Pitt.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...medium=twitter

Trumanperro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:12 AM
IslandersFan17

The already thin aspect of this club gets thinner. I would like to see more of Hickey and hopefully he kid is ready to answer the bell.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:14 AM
IceAce
HEY BUD, LETS PARTY!

vCash: 300
Is Martinek anywhere near game shape at this point?

The thought of Finley even in the same arena as Crosby and Malkin makes me wake up in my sleep screaming.

IceAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:17 AM
IslandersFan17

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceAce View Post

The thought of Finley even in the same arena as Crosby and Malkin makes me wake up in my sleep screaming.
The thought of Finley even suiting for the Islanders at any point up makes me have the same feelings.

IslandersFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:19 AM
Trumanperro

Quote:

Seriously?! Whats going on with this?

Old
01-28-2013, 10:22 AM
IslesNorway

Quote:

Martinek with his leg in a plaster and being severely hungover is better than Finley...

IslesNorway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:25 AM
seabass45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
Seriously?! Whats going on with this?
They signed him and then picked up three other guys on waivers who might be better. In retrospect, Finley definitely isn't, Strait is solid enough and the jury is out on Hickey but he was decent last night. In any case, sucks for Martinek, hope he gets a shot tomorrow.

seabass45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 10:36 AM
Trumanperro

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabass45 View Post
They signed him and then picked up three other guys on waivers who might be better. In retrospect, Finley definitely isn't, Strait is solid enough and the jury is out on Hickey but he was decent last night. In any case, sucks for Martinek, hope he gets a shot tomorrow.
I understand the need for depth in a season like this. But Radek is one of the best skaters on this squad. The guy is better than then Finley and should be splitting time with Strait all season on the bottom pairing.

Tomorrow he should be in the lineup.

Old
01-28-2013, 10:53 AM
Chardo

Radek is 36, oft-injured, and hasn't played in over 15 months. Coaches have now seen him practice for 2 weeks. I suspect the reality is that he just cannot play at the NHL level. He was signed for nothing with the hope that he could play, but I would not be surprised if he never dresses again for NYI.

Chardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:10 AM
stranger34

Hammer out vs pitt?

I would rest Nabby then. This is a sure loss

stranger34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:17 AM
StrongIslanders90

Our #1 Dman is hurt, Great...

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:35 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chardo View Post
Radek is 36, oft-injured, and hasn't played in over 15 months. Coaches have now seen him practice for 2 weeks. I suspect the reality is that he just cannot play at the NHL level. He was signed for nothing with the hope that he could play, but I would not be surprised if he never dresses again for NYI.
I don't think I've ever seen Martinek play a game any worse than the best I've seen from Finley, Carkner, Hickey, Strait (though he's been really good this year)...and with Hamonic out, yikes.

With Hamonic out, I trust Strait and MacDonald more than anyone else. How scary is that. Crosby/Malkin are salivating. It's gross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan17 View Post
The already thin aspect of this club gets thinner. I would like to see more of Hickey and hopefully he kid is ready to answer the bell.
that's on large bell. #throwntowolves

Pens are coming off a loss to boot.

I don't like the smell of this.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:39 AM
scott99

Also, if Hamonic is in a walking boot, he could miss half the season, could be a 4-5 week thing. We are screwed, our D sucks already. Our goaltending hasn't been great either. Can't wait until we are talking about Reinhart, Hamonic,Mayfield, Pedan, Pelech, Donovan and Pokka, instead of Finley, Martinek & Hickey.

scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:41 AM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
I don't think I've ever seen Martinek play a game any worse than the best I've seen from Finley, Carkner, Hickey, Strait (though he's been really good this year)...and with Hamonic out, yikes.

With Hamonic out, I trust Strait and MacDonald more than anyone else. How scary is that. Crosby/Malkin are salivating. It's gross.

The remaining top three D are going to log a lot of minutes against the Pens. Hopefully Strait has the inside track on how to play the Pens. Tough job keeping Malkin, Neil, and Crosby off the score sheet.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:43 AM
Beastrt

I think if Hamonic is out we have no choice but to bring up Matt Donovan, wouldnt be shocked if he is called up after the ahl all-star game tonight.

Beastrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:44 AM
IslesBeBack*
NHL Free Agent

Lmfao not a chance in hell we win tomorrow. Like someone said above, rest Nabby and let DP get lit up. Maybe Gunning for Seth Jones is the best thing for us. Idk, but that defense is going to get annhailated tomorrow.

IslesBeBack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger34 View Post
Hammer out vs pitt?

I would rest Nabby then. This is a sure loss
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post

Pens won last night in Ottawa.

As far as the game goes, Pens have been frustratingly lousy the past three games, even in the Ottawa win. Turnovers galore, and overall sloppy play.

Pens have also struggled to score the majority of this season (only game they scored more than 2 goals on a goalie was the Ranger game; the Flyer game they scored 3, but the third was into an empty net).

Losing Hamonic will hurt, but I really don't envision the Pens being the team to make them pay on the scoreboard. At least not based on the Pens' last three game performance.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

I sense a shootout tomorrow. The Pens don't have the best goal-tending either. Something like 7-5.

Riseonfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

As far as the game goes, Pens have been frustratingly lousy the past three games, even in the Ottawa win. Turnovers galore, and overall sloppy play.

Pens have also struggled to score the majority of this season (only game they scored more than 2 goals on a goalie was the Ranger game; the Flyer game they scored 3, but the third was into an empty net).

Losing Hamonic will hurt, but I really don't envision the Pens being the team to make them pay on the scoreboard. At least not based on the Pens' last three game performance.
Always appreciate your honest analysis btw. Usually spot on.

Old
01-28-2013, 12:31 PM
Bunk Moreland

vCash: 234
Hamonic going down is on par with losing JT and Nabby.. Let's just hope it is really mild strain and he'll be back very quickly.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:54 PM
original islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastrt View Post
I think if Hamonic is out we have no choice but to bring up Matt Donovan, wouldnt be shocked if he is called up after the ahl all-star game tonight.
Are you trying to say that you don't think "Mean Joe" Finley is up to the task of shutting down Crosby and Malkin? Seriously, I couldn't agree more. It would be a good time to see what Donovan is capable of.

original islander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 12:57 PM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by original islander View Post
Are you trying to say that you don't think "Mean Joe" Finley is up to the task of shutting down Crosby and Malkin? Seriously, I couldn't agree more. It would be a good time to see what Donovan is capable of.
Nino gonna be PIIIISSSSSSEEED

Old
01-28-2013, 01:11 PM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post

I forgot about the OTT game, even though I watched the boring 3rd period, fun OT and always fun shootout. I know they lost against the Jets in the game when Sid scored both goals.

Pens haven't looked great all season, except maybe the first two games that were pretty emotional and fun. They win because they are super talented and have two gamebreakers.

Though neither Malkin or Sid have played their best hockey, not by a long shot. Much like Tavares, they seem a bit off with their timing. The overall play is just sloppy. The Lightning, Blues and Hawks are the slickest-looking teams I've seen so far, along with the NYR in a couple of games. I imagine things will get much better in a month.

Early in the season, anything can happen. These games are a toss-up. It's not just the Isles that are blowing leads and playing bi-polar hockey. But let's not kid ourselves, without Hamonic, the Isles are in serious trouble if the Pens play anywhere close to their capabilities.

Hamonic loves playing against the Pens too. Shame.

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trumanperro View Post
Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday

#Isles say D Travis Hamonic has a sprained ankle. Left MTS Centre last night in a walking boot. Likely out tomorrow vs. Pitt.

I guess the useless hack Finley is back in the line up now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Also, if Hamonic is in a walking boot, he could miss half the season, could be a 4-5 week thing. We are screwed, our D sucks already. Our goaltending hasn't been great either. Can't wait until we are talking about Reinhart, Hamonic,Mayfield, Pedan, Pelech, Donovan and Pokka, instead of Finley, Martinek & Hickey.
I wouldn't knock Hickey just yet. He still might have a future. The kings D was a stacked deck so he couldn't show anything there. Though they might regret not having him now though. With Johnson gone and their abysmal start

I liked what I saw from Donovan in the few games he played.

as for Finley .... show him the door.

Last edited by SpeedDemon: 01-28-2013 at 01:30 PM.
SpeedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-28-2013, 01:45 PM
bigd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Hamonic going down is on par with losing JT and Nabby.. Let's just hope it is really mild strain and he'll be back very quickly.
He wasn't exactly a stud D-man last night. He was just as bad as everyone else and worse than a few others.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote