HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Senators @ Lightning | Friday Jan. 25, 7:30 p.m. | Tampa Bay Times Forum | SNET-E

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Snick

vCash: 500
four.jpg

Last edited by Snick: 01-25-2013 at 04:50 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post

Initially I felt that Boro would play against the bigger and nastier teams while Weir would play in the more speed dominated games but right now, based on the limited AHL games I have seen, Boro is the more NHL ready prospect for what he brings.
1. That's exactly what's happening. Boro is coming in against a much tougher opponent tonight, both in terms of skill and physicality. Winnipeg and Florida are two of the softest and worst teams in the entire league.

2. Are you referring to last season in the A? I only ask because Wiercioch has outplayed Borowiecki by a pretty steep margin in the A this season. Boro's taken a step back. You could even make the argument that Gryba's been a better defender than Boro thus far.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:15 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens

Old
01-25-2013, 03:19 PM
BrawlFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
1. That's exactly what's happening. Boro is coming in against a much tougher opponent tonight, both in terms of skill and physicality. Winnipeg and Florida are two of the softest and worst teams in the entire league.

2. Are you referring to last season in the A? I only ask because Wiercioch has outplayed Borowiecki by a pretty steep margin in the A this season.
From what I have seen in the A from Weir I still see a jack of all trades master of none. He's good at offence but not great, hes fairly solid at d but not a standout there either. Boro is a classic stay at home physical d man. He's done that well and has honed his skilsl in that regard.

Its a tough call. Boro I feel is a more NHL ready prospect in that the skills he is bringing to the team are more honed and NHL ready however his ceiling is lower than Weir. Weir has a higher ceiling but needs more seasoning at the NHL level.

Personally I like D with a little more bite than the other team. I don't think our D has that right now and with Boro we do. LA wont he cup last year and on each of their pariings they had one skilled guy and one *******

Old
01-25-2013, 03:27 PM
derriko

vCash: 50

Old
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 5000
I'm calling it: first TMM penalty of the year and a parade of other penalties.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:33 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
Huck Farper

Quote:
From what I have seen in the A from Weir I still see a jack of all trades master of none. He's good at offence but not great, hes fairly solid at d but not a standout there either. Boro is a classic stay at home physical d man. He's done that well and has honed his skilsl in that regard.

Its a tough call. Boro I feel is a more NHL ready prospect in that the skills he is bringing to the team are more honed and NHL ready however his ceiling is lower than Weir. Weir has a higher ceiling but needs more seasoning at the NHL level.

Personally I like D with a little more bite than the other team. I don't think our D has that right now and with Boro we do. LA wont he cup last year and on each of their pariings they had one skilled guy and one *******
With the way Maclean likes to play the game, we're better off with more mobile and skilled defenders. You don't want to sacrifice all the nastiness on the backend for it but we want to be able to keep up the pressure, transition quickly and let our D jump into the play. Boro has had a bad case of boneheadedness so far this year. Guy has taken a ton of terrible penalties and fights too often for a defenseman and one that is relied on at that. He's trying to be an enforcer out there instead of a nasty D man.

Though I see Maclean's logic, its a bit pointless imo to put a guy like Boro, a stay at home shut down D into the game where he won't be trusted to play against the other team's top 2 lines and the bottom 6 pose no real threat in terms of offense. It also leaves us with a hole on the 2nd PP unit. I'm guessing they'll put Phillips' there but he's not ready for 22+ minutes yet this early in the season. Maybe Alfie gets point duty with Benoit.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:40 PM
2CHAINZ
@EverythingPawg

vCash: 984

Old
01-25-2013, 03:42 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

I believe in Paul Maclean...

Old
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Carrie Underwood

vCash: 905

Old
01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
HighlightReel93

Lets get it boys!

Old
01-25-2013, 04:10 PM
MiscBrah

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
With the way Maclean likes to play the game, we're better off with more mobile and skilled defenders. You don't want to sacrifice all the nastiness on the backend for it but we want to be able to keep up the pressure, transition quickly and let our D jump into the play. Boro has had a bad case of boneheadedness so far this year. Guy has taken a ton of terrible penalties and fights too often for a defenseman and one that is relied on at that. He's trying to be an enforcer out there instead of a nasty D man.

Though I see Maclean's logic, its a bit pointless imo to put a guy like Boro, a stay at home shut down D into the game where he won't be trusted to play against the other team's top 2 lines and the bottom 6 pose no real threat in terms of offense. It also leaves us with a hole on the 2nd PP unit. I'm guessing they'll put Phillips' there but he's not ready for 22+ minutes yet this early in the season. Maybe Alfie gets point duty with Benoit.
This. The only thing I'm not too sure about is if alfie can play the point. I think it depends on how his back is feeling. I always loved him back there on the PP and it always seems to click when he can control it but there must be a reason he rarely plays there anymore.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Goat Boy
In support of BMurr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snick View Post
There be 4+1 dogs in this picture. What are you trying to do to us?

Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
pt_mck

Old
01-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Boltsfan2029

Here's hoping for a good, injury-free game tonight! Getting ready to head to the arena now, looking forward to it.

There will be an 8-minute pre-game ceremony for Vincent Lecavalier's 1,000th game (tonight is actually game 1,002).

Vincent Lecavalier, 1/22/2013: "I tell this to everybody, I
feel like Tampa is my home now. I want to be here forever."

Old
01-25-2013, 04:22 PM
Benjamin
Chub n' Tuck

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltsfan2029 View Post
Here's hoping for a good, injury-free game tonight! Getting ready to head to the arena now, looking forward to it.

There will be an 8-minute pre-game ceremony for Vincent Lecavalier's 1,000th game (tonight is actually game 1,002).
Thanks for sharing. not

Old
01-25-2013, 04:24 PM
Snick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
There be 4+1 dogs in this picture. What are you trying to do to us?
I was hoping you wouldn't see the black one I'll put in something else, hawkeye

Old
01-25-2013, 04:25 PM
chrewilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohlmanator View Post
Damn you beat me to it. I came here to post this.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:27 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
From what I have seen in the A from Weir I still see a jack of all trades master of none. He's good at offence but not great, hes fairly solid at d but not a standout there either. Boro is a classic stay at home physical d man. He's done that well and has honed his skills in that regard.
i disagree partially. wier looked above average offensively and defensively in the ahl this year. he needs to develop his skills better at the nhl level, so yeah, so far he looks like you've described in the nhl. boro actually looked pretty bad for someone we expect to play in the nhl full time. his defense was okay, and he was taking terrible penalties. he did impress me with his speed, and he was leading more rushes though. overall i think he needs more time in the ahl.

Quote:
boro looked better last year, but hasn't impressed this year. maybe boro is another of those players that look better with a nice system in place? he looked like he was running around in the defensive end in bingo. hopefully he doesn't get out of position so much here.

Quote:
Personally I like D with a little more bite than the other team. I don't think our D has that right now and with Boro we do. LA wont he cup last year and on each of their parings they had one skilled guy and one *******
physicality is nice, but unless boro can keep up and not take penalties, i'd rather not have him out there. he'd just be hurting the team

Old
01-25-2013, 04:27 PM
Bigup
Stache consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patizzie View Post
Yessss

Old
01-25-2013, 04:33 PM
Bigup
Stache consultant

Old
01-25-2013, 04:39 PM
Spinkis

Someone with photoshop skills could probably make something funny of this.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:42 PM
65isthenew11

Old
01-25-2013, 04:58 PM
Quo

Old
01-25-2013, 05:03 PM
Icelevel
Never Go Full Eugene