HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Penguins @ Jets | Fri Jan 25 | 7 PM | MTS Centre | "Finally Hockey"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 11:31 AM
  #126
TheDeuce
Registered User
 
TheDeuce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 205
Posts: 921
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Just sayin' we need some more complicated sports-song type chants! Doesn't have to be this.
I like taking a page from the Bomber fans' playbook.


To the melody of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic":


Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than a Pittsburgh Penguin,
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than a Pittsburgh Penguin,
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than a Pittsburgh Penguin,
'Cause the Penguins all suck (insert noun here)

Glory, Glory Winnipeg Jets!
Glory, Glory Winnipeg Jets!
Glory, Glory Winnipeg Jets!
'Cause the Penguins all suck (insert noun here)



And it works for all kinds of teams!

Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than an Islander,
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than an Oiler
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than from Vancouver,
'Cause the Coy-oh-tees suck (insert noun here)



15,000 Jets fans singing in unison. It'll be better than that 'olay, olayolay' bit they do out east. What is that anyway, a jingle for women's skin care products?



m.

TheDeuce is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:32 AM
  #127
JetsWillFly4Ever
Registered User
 
JetsWillFly4Ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Winnipeg MB.
Country: Canada
Posts: 610
vCash: 500
Play hard and show these guys a good game and I'll be happy.

Lets go boys.

JetsWillFly4Ever is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:33 AM
  #128
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 20,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDeuce View Post
I like taking a page from the Bomber fans' playbook.


To the melody of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic":


Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than a Pittsburgh Penguin,
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than a Pittsburgh Penguin,
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than a Pittsburgh Penguin,
'Cause the Penguins all suck (insert noun here)

Glory, Glory Winnipeg Jets!
Glory, Glory Winnipeg Jets!
Glory, Glory Winnipeg Jets!
'Cause the Penguins all suck (insert noun here)



And it works for all kinds of teams!

Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than an Islander,
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than an Oiler
Oh I'd rather be a Win-ni-peg Jet
Than from Vancouver,
'Cause the Coy-oh-tees suck (insert noun here)



15,000 Jets fans singing in unison. It'll be better than that 'olay, olayolay' bit they do out east. What is that anyway, a jingle for women's skin care products?



m.
Get that Manure crap away from here.

Romang67 is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:34 AM
  #129
Prot
Registered User
 
Prot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 773
vCash: 500
Great GDT theme. Really takes me back.

Prot is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
  #130
Guerzy
drive-by fan
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Finland
Posts: 35,058
vCash: 69
Just so you all know, I was about to bless this thread with Rebecca Black's "Friday" youtube video seeing as I did it last season for every Friday game.


But then I thought to myself... self... we didn't do well last season, so no need to carry on old traditions like that.

Carry on.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:35 AM
  #131
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 20,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
lol Kanes new hair cut http://instagram.com/p/U6i8FRBS0d/
Does... does that say YMCA? Cause if that is the case, I can totally get behind the 15004 people in the crowd singing that!

Romang67 is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:37 AM
  #132
King Woodballs
Registered User
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,163
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
Does... does that say YMCA? Cause if that is the case, I can totally get behind the 15004 people in the crowd singing that!
YMCMB

Young
Money
Cash
Money
Billionares

L'il Wayne apparently

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:39 AM
  #133
Kinjero
Friends... for-ev-er
 
Kinjero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
So if Mark doesn't play does it still count against the 5 game tryout? I don't know much about this stuff

Kinjero is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
  #134
King Woodballs
Registered User
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,163
vCash: 375
Sara Orlesky ‏@saraorlesky

Quote:
Looks like Scheifele, Redmond and Peluso are scratches for #NHLJets. Wellwood is back in #TSN #Pens

There you go.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
So if Mark doesn't play does it still count against the 5 game tryout? I don't know much about this stuff
No it doesnt

Only counts the games he plays

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM
  #135
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 17,045
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Could we see Mr. Redmond for the first time this year?

I actually thought Postma played very well last game. I'd rather see Clitsome come out to be honest.
Problem is both Postma and Redmond are exlcusively right side guys...

garret9 is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
  #136
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 20,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
YMCMB

Young
Money
Cash
Money
Billionares

L'il Wayne apparently
Bah, YMCA would have been awesome. Lets trade him.

Romang67 is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:43 AM
  #137
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
No mistakes...
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Granola Belt
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Just so you all know, I was about to bless this thread with Rebecca Black's "Friday" youtube video seeing as I did it last season for every Friday game.


But then I thought to myself... self... we didn't do well last season, so no need to carry on old traditions like that.

Carry on.


I was actually going to post that I wouldn't allow you to post Rebecca Black in this thread. Glad you've taken the initiative.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
  #138
Soble
Registered User
 
Soble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 954
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
YMCMB

Young
Money
Cash
Money
Billionares

L'il Wayne apparently
He should have asked for the "Lewis".

Attachment 60499


Last edited by Soble: 01-27-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Soble is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:45 AM
  #139
Hank Chinaski
Global Moderator
No mistakes...
 
Hank Chinaski's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Granola Belt
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,243
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
lol Kanes new hair cut http://instagram.com/p/U6i8FRBS0d/
Lol!

Not a very flattering shot of Sara O there.

Hank Chinaski is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
  #140
Romang67
Moderator
BitterSwede
 
Romang67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Country: Sweden
Posts: 20,326
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Just so you all know, I was about to bless this thread with Rebecca Black's "Friday" youtube video seeing as I did it last season for every Friday game.


But then I thought to myself... self... we didn't do well last season, so no need to carry on old traditions like that.

Carry on.
We were 6-3-0 on Fridays last season...

Romang67 is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:46 AM
  #141
Guerzy
drive-by fan
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Finland
Posts: 35,058
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post


I was actually going to post that I wouldn't allow you to post Rebecca Black in this thread. Glad you've taken the initiative.

... so you were expecting it.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:47 AM
  #142
King Woodballs
Registered User
 
King Woodballs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Your Mind
Posts: 34,163
vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Lol!

Not a very flattering shot of Sara O there.
Man, I was think the same thing.

Look like many a dirty thought on that face

King Woodballs is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:47 AM
  #143
Guerzy
drive-by fan
 
Guerzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Country: Finland
Posts: 35,058
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
We were 6-3-0 on Fridays last season...
Well in that case.............................


I'll think about it.

Guerzy is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:49 AM
  #144
Holden Caulfield
Moderator
The Eternal Skeptic
 
Holden Caulfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,892
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet View Post
Could we see Mr. Redmond for the first time this year?

I actually thought Postma played very well last game. I'd rather see Clitsome come out to be honest.
Noel is never going to play a rookie over a veteran...

Holden Caulfield is online now  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
  #145
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant
 
Gump Hasek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 222 Tudor Terrace
Posts: 9,717
vCash: 830
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinjero View Post
So if Mark doesn't play does it still count against the 5 game tryout? I don't know much about this stuff
No, it doesn't count.

Gump Hasek is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM
  #146
Jet
GO JETS GO!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Treasure Island
Country: Yemen
Posts: 21,577
vCash: 50

__________________
"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." - Oscar Wilde
Jet is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 11:53 AM
  #147
Jet
GO JETS GO!
 
Jet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Treasure Island
Country: Yemen
Posts: 21,577
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Noel is never going to play a rookie over a veteran...
Still what I want to see. To be honest though if we are going to be successful this season we need Clitsome to play reliable minutes for us.

Jet is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:05 PM
  #148
buggs
#freeTrouba
 
buggs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: winter's coming
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,723
vCash: 586
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriIQ View Post
Never ever encourage any positivity in the Leafs ever.
+1

buggs is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:09 PM
  #149
Conflicted Habs fan
Grind Grind Grind
 
Conflicted Habs fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,999
vCash: 2050
Target aquired


Conflicted Habs fan is offline  
Old
01-25-2013, 12:11 PM
  #150
Sweech
Alles zu seiner Zeit
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 6085
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Just sayin' we need some more complicated sports-song type chants! Doesn't have to be this.
Why?

It's just like the wave. There's a game going on, do you really need some other form of entertainment?

Sweech is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.