Notices

Penguins @ Jets | Fri Jan 25 | 7 PM | MTS Centre | "Finally Hockey"

Closed Thread

Old
01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

vCash: 500
The thread on the main board with people calling Kane "retarded" for his haircut is unbelievable. It's the same posters attacking him incessantly just for the way he looks or dresses.

I bet if I started a thread about Brent Burns' Chewbacca-like appearance and called him "retarded", it would get locked instantly.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1125
I thought it was kinda stupid at first, but then I stopped caring. He's a kid and he can do what he wants. I honestly don't see how people can get so bent out of shape over something so trivial.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:27 PM
ICdave
HFB Partner

Coach Noel pre-game presser

Coach Noel put the players through a brisk warm-up today prior to the game against the Penguins:

Coach Noel: Nice little haircut preamble. Avoiding the run and gun style of the Penguins. Better defence from his team. Kyle Wellwood’s consistency. Considering Redmond? Is this a measuring stick game? Referencing last season’s Penguin games. Do the players have more confidence? Mark Scheifele talk. Does he consider Pavelec’s history against the Penguins when considering who to start?

To listen click here.

Last edited by ICdave: 01-25-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 03:29 PM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
@FPTimCampbell: "Itís hockey weather so it was nice to get out." N.S. native Sidney Crosby on his walk from hotel to MTS Centre this a.m. . 1:04 pm on Jan 25

Would be neat to run into Crosby on Portage avenue.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:31 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Keep talkin', haters. You're makin' him famous!

Old
01-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Romang67
How's your beaver?

Dammit, just trade him already! I don't care if he scores a hat trick and we win 3-2 tonight, I just want him gone!

Oh, no, sorry, I want the team to win. If he starts pulling guns on his teammates during poker, I'll be concerned. As of right now, embrace the hate EK9!

Seriously, yeah, I wish he was a bit more mature, but really. Calling him retarded and stuff like that only proves that you're on the same level or lower, you just aren't rich or famous enough to prove it.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
Sunshine36616

I hope Kane and his new hair scores a hat trick! Especially if Vokoun is in net (I have Fleury on my fantasty team)

Old
01-25-2013, 03:55 PM
GrandChelems

I don't think people calling Kane's haircut are getting bent out of shape. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. What a knob end.

Old
01-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
I wish I was famous enough for people to care about my haircut.

TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzappa View Post
Bears fan myself, and don't like the NYJ at all....but its still a fun chant. Just a bit more creative than "XXXXX sucks" or "YYYYY is better" or a simple "GO JETS GO"

We need some more european-soccer like songs to sing.

Even the Nashville Predator fans have some crazy crowd-participation chants:

http://www.section303.com/chants

http://youtu.be/EF349rr_R-Y
I am ok with a euro like soccer song in there somewhere - but please, please not that football one from New York...

Old
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandChelems View Post
I don't think people calling Kane's haircut are getting bent out of shape. Sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade. What a knob end.
he is a knob for getting his hair cut?

uh okay

Old
01-25-2013, 03:59 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I wish I was famous enough for people to care about my haircut.
You are a HF mod.

Can't get any more famous then that

Old
01-25-2013, 04:00 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 1554
Just started visiting the mainboards in the last month or two. It's a cesspool. More of the same bs as why I chose to stop going to dobberhockey.. So much better to just stick to your team's own boards, imo.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:01 PM
SCP Guy

I wish I had hair

Old
01-25-2013, 04:04 PM
Gnova
Jets Flying Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by WJG View Post
The thread on the main board with people calling Kane "retarded" for his haircut is unbelievable. It's the same posters attacking him incessantly just for the way he looks or dresses.

I bet if I started a thread about Brent Burns' Chewbacca-like appearance and called him "retarded", it would get locked instantly.
I put the haircut thing into the catagory of "Who cares".
He is a kid ffs, let him enjoy his youth.

It's okay for players to walk around looking like Deadwood extras but it isn't okay to be well dressed and have cut hair.

Old
JetsHomer

Quote:
Just because someone has a different fashion sense than you does not make them stupid or a knob. In fact I personally think that people that cannot see beyond their own sheltered world view are more ignorant than people that get their hair cut in a unique way.

Old
ghost88*

Kane is just trolling people and I love it. Keep it up.

I mean seriously, how warped of a person do you have to be to get upset over how some 21 year old spends his time/money? If you can't deal with that then you have bigger problems than worrying about Ekane9.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Who cares. It's just hair. It belongs to him and he can do whatever he likes with it.

You own your body. You do with it as you please. I don't care if you have tattoos, piercings, a different haircut, wear unusual clothing, or whatever. Everyone in the world is trying to express themselves through personal appearance. Let them. Who the ****** cares.

Calling other people 'retarded' because of their haircut, their clothes, or whatever else they are adorning? Dumb. None of this 'spade is a spade' garbage. Judge him by his play on the ice, that's what we should be doing.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:05 PM
Romang67
How's your beaver?

So... Thread on the main boards about our haircuts then? The last time I cut my hair, I did it by myself with a pair of kitchen scissors. It's nowhere close to even, but I can't be bothered to pay $20 for a real haircut.

I did it after I had been Two-Face for Halloween and didn't want half my hair to be 4 inches shorter than the other side.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:06 PM
PaperRockChamp

vCash: 1554
The hair will grow out in 2-3wks.. It's not a tattoo.

I'm just looking fwd to Kane outperforming Neal tonight.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
GrandChelems

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
he is a knob for getting his hair cut?

uh okay
No, he is a knob for getting a stupid looking haircut, famous or not. If I showed you a picture of of a downbeat gangsta wannabe loser that bums smokes off of people at the bus stop outside of MTS with the same haircut you'd say the same thing. To some people it's just lame, no matter hwo's wearing it.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Howard Chuck
HFBoards Sponsor

Just WOW at some of the comments...... It's just HAIR people.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:11 PM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
No, he is a knob for getting a stupid looking haircut, famous or not. If I showed you a picture of of a downbeat gangsta wannabe loser that bums smokes off of people at the bus stop outside of MTS with the same haircut you'd say the same thing. To some people it's just lame, no matter hwo's wearing it.
But the thing is EK is NOT a 'gangsta wannabe loser'.

He's a budding NHL superstar.

He can get away with it. I say good for him.

Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Mossy Oak
Noted.

vCash: 0
Seeing all of these people get bent out of shape over this haircut kind of makes me like Kane even more. Go out and score goals, kid. Shove it in their faces.

You know, I find it kind of ironic, and maybe I'm just out of the loop on this, but many love to jump on Kane when he does something, Gary Lawless for example, then the articles come out. Did Gary Lawless write a nice article during the long, boring lockout when Kane got fans to make him a Twitter wallpaper? and what did Kane do again, give the winner a signed stick or something? then he ended up giving the 2 finalists signed sticks or jerseys or what not.

Hey, if you're gunna kick the kid when you think he does wrong, you should probably praise him when he does right. I know Evander has done some questionable things, and I don't agree with some of those things, but I also think he's a kid learning to be a professional athlete paid millions in a BIG yet small market.

As for his hair, it's his damn head and if he wants to do whatever makes him happy that's his own right so long as it's appropriate and not offensive, etc. People want to lose their **** over this? Have they seen some of the PERMANENT tattoos on some of these NHL'ers??? .. this is only a haircut. I'd rather Kane look like he does than have him show up looking like Joe Corvo or Brent Burns. That is embarrassing and it looks like neither grown man has a clue in **** how to groom or take care of himself.

Last edited by Mossy Oak: 01-25-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old
01-25-2013, 04:12 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Hopefully the Jets will surprise and administer a good drubbing tonight of the opposition; they owe the Pens one or two. Go Jets Go!!!!

Off for a pregame dinner and drinks. Time for a musical interlude...

Only click the above if you like drinking songs and lots of dissonant tones.

Closed Thread