HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Sens-Sharks

Old
01-27-2013, 06:16 AM
CarknerCountry

vCash: 500
Sens-Sharks

Too Sharks:

Colin Greening

Too Sens:

Jason Demers

CarknerCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 07:22 AM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarknerCountry View Post
Too Sharks:

Colin Greening

Too Sens:

Jason Demers
No thanks. I don't see any reason to move Demers at this point. Braun maybe. Murray certainly. But not Demers.

Vaasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:02 AM
La Flame

No. No trading Greening, ever.

La Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Busboy

No from both teams.

Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:23 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

what would the sens have to add? a defenseman that can play shifts and a pick?

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:36 AM
JJTT

vCash: 50
I think this is a good deal for both teams.

Sens get a potential top 4 defenceman with rh-shot (karlsson is their only right handed defenceman right now) and Sharks get 3rd liner to play with gomez and wingels/galiardi who can also fill in a injury in top6

JJTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Benjamin
Differently Financed

No thanks.

Benjamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:46 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

No thanks.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 10:47 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
what would the sens have to add? a defenseman that can play shifts and a pick?
Nothing could be added to change my mind.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:26 PM
JayP812
The Team of Tomorrow

I'd do it. Understand if Ottawa won't. With the emergence of Matt Irwin, there's too many D-men in San Jose. Braun has proven himself to be better than Demers right now, would like to shop Demers around. Greening gives us some depth in case of injuries.

JayP812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:32 PM
19sharks19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaasa View Post
No thanks. I don't see any reason to move Demers at this point. Braun maybe. Murray certainly. But not Demers.
not even Braun. After a couple veteran D, we have a solid young group back there we should hold onto for some time.

19sharks19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:36 PM
BaileyMacTavish
I cast Magic Missile

Send a message via AIM to BaileyMacTavish Send a message via MSN to BaileyMacTavish Send a message via Skype™ to BaileyMacTavish
I think it's a no from both teams. Murray is available, but I doubt the Sens want him.
As a Sharks fan, it's a definite no on trading Demers.

BaileyMacTavish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:38 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Too Sharks:

Colin Greening

Too Sens:

Jason Demers
No thanks. I can't see a feasible trade for both sides involving these two players. I think Ottawa says no as well.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Leidi J

I dunno about the return, but I'd listen on murray and Demers. Murray is expendable and I agree that Braun is better than Demers. If only one of them stays, I'm keeping Braun.

Leidi J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:41 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayP812 View Post
I'd do it. Understand if Ottawa won't. With the emergence of Matt Irwin, there's too many D-men in San Jose. Braun has proven himself to be better than Demers right now, would like to shop Demers around. Greening gives us some depth in case of injuries.
I'd like to see how Irwin does after a full season before we trade Demers or Braun. 4 games is too small a sample size.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 02:44 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
I dunno about the return, but I'd listen on murray and Demers. Murray is expendable and I agree that Braun is better than Demers. If only one of them stays, I'm keeping Braun.
Braun hasn't looked good so far this year. I'd keep Demers 10 times out of 10 over Braun.

Old
01-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Braun hasn't looked good so far this year. I'd keep Demers 10 times out of 10 over Braun.
this year is a four game sample size in which demers hasn't even played. i'm talking about last year, when both played a full season. Braun was better.

But maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree. it's not like our opinions have any bearing on reality anyways...

Old
01-27-2013, 02:58 PM
Vaasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
this year is a four game sample size in which demers hasn't even played. i'm talking about last year, when both played a full season. Braun was better.

But maybe we'll just have to agree to disagree. it's not like our opinions have any bearing on reality anyways...
And the year before that Demers was the best defenseman on the Sharks in the playoffs. And while he hasn't play this year in the NHL, Demers was more than proving he is at least Top-4 D earlier this year in Finland. And he might be better than that.

Demers had a bad year last year because he went from playing full time, to playing once in while. To playing on his off side instead of his usual position. And to playing with scrubs like Colin White. Add on that he didn't have a full summer of conditioning due to recovering from his playoff injuries, and saying Braun is better than Demers based on last year is ridiculous. And I'm a FAN of Braun. But there is no way he is better than Demers at this point. I'm not even sure he's better than Irwin at this point.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:02 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Just Win The Game

Quote:
And the year before that Demers was the best defenseman on the Sharks in the playoffs. And while he hasn't play this year in the NHL, Demers was more than proving he is at least Top-4 D earlier this year in Finland. And he might be better than that.

Demers had a bad year last year because he went from playing full time, to playing once in while. To playing on his off side instead of his usual position. And to playing with scrubs like Colin White. Add on that he didn't have a full summer of conditioning due to recovering from his playoff injuries, and saying Braun is better than Demers based on last year is ridiculous. And I'm a FAN of Braun. But there is no way he is better than Demers at this point. I'm not even sure he's better than Irwin at this point.
I agree.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:08 PM
Leidi J

I disagree. So we'll just have to leave it at that. None of us are making these decisions anyways, so your opinion doesn't matter. my opinion doesn't matter. whatever it's all speculative.

Old
01-27-2013, 03:10 PM
Vaasa

I'm sorry, but MY opinion ALWAYS matters!

Old
01-27-2013, 03:47 PM
bobo84

Quote:
Too Sharks:

Colin Greening

Too Sens:

Jason Demers
It's to not too dude. Learn the difference.

bobo84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:20 PM
WTFetus
Marlov

Quote:
You're not giving Braun nearly enough credit here. Braun played next to Colin White and he didn't look as bad as Demers last year. Braun played part-time and he excelled. Demers was so bad as LD that the coaches moved Braun to LD and again, he didn't look out of place. I agree Demers has a higher ceiling, but you're underrating Braun. To say he might not even better than Irwin is ridiculous. Irwin is playing with Boyle and Top-6 forwards, and he's making mistakes out there that just haven't been capitalized on. Braun is playing with Murray and has looked decent overall, which says a lot since Murray has been a detriment whenever he's on the ice.

I don't want to trade either Braun or Demers, so I'm going to say no to this deal. Braun is on a great contract for 3 years and he's still improving. He's a huge part of the Sharks' future. The only defenseman I want off the Sharks is Murray.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-27-2013, 04:44 PM
Leidi J

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
You're not giving Braun nearly enough credit here. Braun played next to Colin White and he didn't look as bad as Demers last year. Braun played part-time and he excelled. Demers was so bad as LD that the coaches moved Braun to LD and again, he didn't look out of place. I agree Demers has a higher ceiling, but you're underrating Braun. To say he might not even better than Irwin is ridiculous. Irwin is playing with Boyle and Top-6 forwards, and he's making mistakes out there that just haven't been capitalized on. Braun is playing with Murray and has looked decent overall, which says a lot since Murray has been a detriment whenever he's on the ice.

I don't want to trade either Braun or Demers, so I'm going to say no to this deal. Braun is on a great contract for 3 years and he's still improving. He's a huge part of the Sharks' future. The only defenseman I want off the Sharks is Murray.
THANK YOU. i didn't want to get into it, so i'm glad someone did it for me

Old
01-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Juxtaposer
Outro:Divina Comedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau View Post
Braun's been saddled with ****ing Douglas Murray this year and had to play offense and defense on that pair, AND deal with the fact that the forward line he plays with most frequently is Handzus' line. Poor kid.

When it comes to Demers vs. Braun, Braun is a #4/5 defenseman right now and probably doesn't have much more potential, while Demers can be a reliable #5 right now, but has #3 potential. I don't want to move either of them, especially considering that they've shown that they can be a reliable pairing together.

Murray, goodbye sir. I'd like to keep him as the #8 behind Irwin when everyone's healthy, because you can never have enough defensemen, but I want him shipped out simply because I fear that McLellan will never have the balls to play Irwin/Braun/Demers over Murray, simply because he's a veteran and has the size/physical play that DW is obsessed with. But there's no reason he should be playing when Demers is back.

Juxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote