HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you think of Kosts so far?

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2005, 10:10 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsArea
Im a big Hennessey disliker, I hate the way he plays the game, he floats and cheats defensively.. Major lack of hockey sense... I rather have Urquhart over him based on pure offensive skills. Ive guys like OByrn, Grabovski, Locke, Korpikari. Milroy, Halak, Lindberg, Korneev, Lapierre and some other over him.
BTW he just been benched tonight against Lewingston for lazyness (CHOI).. Halak had another solid game from the same source.
So, you would take these guys over Josh H...

Ryan O'Byrne
Mikhail Grabovski
Corey Locke
Oskari Korpikari
Duncan Milroy
Jaroslav Halak
Max Lapierre
Christopher Heino-Lindberg

... ?

If so, that's a complete joke.

Old
03-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Rahan

I'd take Lapierre, Locke and maybe Milroy before Hennessy. The others, I haven't seen enough of them though.

Old
03-09-2005, 10:52 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Bernier isnt a great prospect, he is a decent one but nothing comparable to our top prospects...Perezhogin, Higgins, Kostitsyn... If Bernier was a Habs prospect at the moment, I would rank him #8... Hossa being a better prospect IMO, despite older.
I guess we just see Bernier differently. I'm a fan of his and I think he has very good upside. I think he's not comparable to any of our prospects because we don't have any power forwards. We need a power forward type player and for that reason, I think he would be ranked higher than 8th.

For me, I would put him ahead of Hossa at this point. I'm pretty sure most people around the league would see it the same way. I would love to be wrong though. I hope Hossa breaks and out and finally proves he can play NHL hockey consistently, but right now, Bernier is way ahead of him imo.

Quote:
Im a big Hennessey disliker, I hate the way he plays the game, he floats and cheats defensively.. Major lack of hockey sense... I rather have Urquhart over him based on pure offensive skills. Ive guys like OByrn, Grabovski, Locke, Korpikari. Milroy, Halak, Lindberg, Korneev, Lapierre and some other over him.
BTW he just been benched tonight against Lewingston for lazyness (CHOI).. Halak had another solid game from the same source.
That sucks to hear he got benched. Personally I like the guy. I know he wouldn't be one of our top prospects, but he would be ahead of Urquhart imo. And I still think he would be in or around our top 10. He does float and seems to lack that intense play. He isn't really a grit type player, but I'm just not really a huge Urquhart fan right now. I hope Urquhart can prove me wrong and have a good career, but right now, there are quite a few players I would have chosen ahead of him, and despite his laziness, Hennessy is one of them.

Quote:
They have Michalek Goc and Bernier... We have Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Higgins, Plekanec, Hossa, Danis, Chipchura. Not even worth to compare, this is not even close.
That's what I meant. The Sharks have some good prospects but they lack depth. They have those 5 or 6 guys and then there is a drop. I still think those 5 or 6 guys are good though. But to me, there is no question the Habs have much more depth.

Old
03-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Squeaky

Let's not forget that they have Erhoff too, probably their second best prospect.

NewHabsArea: How can you so blantantly overrate our prospects in other thread, but just dismiss other teams in this one?

Old
03-10-2005, 07:20 AM
johnnyboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl O'Steen

Ryan O'Byrne
Mikhail Grabovski
Corey Locke
Oskari Korpikari
Duncan Milroy
Jaroslav Halak
Max Lapierre

... ?

So your telling me that Hennessy could be top 15 in scoring in the Russian League like Grabovsky - obviously your logic comes straight out of your ass!

Last edited by johnnyboo: 03-10-2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old
03-10-2005, 07:36 AM
markov`

Quote:

Ryan O'Byrne
Mikhail Grabovski
Corey Locke
Oskari Korpikari
Duncan Milroy
Jaroslav Halak
Max Lapierre

... ?

Taking Milroy, Lapierre, Locke, or Grabovsky before Hennessy isn't a joke at all.

PS. Would you take Robbie Earl before Hennessy?

Old
03-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciggyboy
So your telling me that Hennessy could be top 15 in scoring in the Russian League like Grabovsky - obviously your logic comes straight out of your ass!
We don't rank prospects or players based on their ability to perform in the RSL, or any league that isn't the NHL. Sundstrom is an offensive force in Europe, in Montreal the fans (around here anyways) are clamouring for the bum to be put on the 4th line so a rookie can take his place.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:20 AM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by markov`
PS. Would you take Robbie Earl before Hennessy?
Hmm, I'd say it's pretty much even for me.

Earl is one of the most skilled players in the NCAA, while Josh is a solid QMJHL player. Not sure, but I really liked Josh H. for 2003, he was my (along with Pushkarov) favourite picks going into the 2nd round for the Leafs, they both went before #57.

I liken him to Jeremy Roenick, a really like him.

Old
03-10-2005, 08:21 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler
Bernier is very similar in potential to your own Kostitsyn.

I wont reply on this one... Too much laughable..

I will take a guy like Lapierre before Hennessey, not because Lapierre is as much gifted offensively but the fact he is a smart 2-way player with size, is gritty and intensive, nice skater and very decent offensive skills... This guy hasnt top line potential but certainly all what it takes to be a very solid bottom one... Hennessey has absoluly no future in the NHL at this point... He reminds me a Yanick Perreault junior but you wont have another Perreault cracking any NHL teams for the only one reason that there are plenty of young guns alot more overall effective in the world. The quality of the kids drafted increases year in year.

I'm pretty sure its not worth to debate longer on prospects at this point, Im sure you will agree on this one...

Old
03-10-2005, 08:28 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky
We don't rank prospects or players based on their ability to perform in the RSL, or any league that isn't the NHL. Sundstrom is an offensive force in Europe, in Montreal the fans (around here anyways) are clamouring for the bum to be put on the 4th line so a rookie can take his place.
I would be an offensive force too playing with Forsberg and Naslund.

Actually, Sundstrom is playing in the Italian league if I'm not wrong, so is this what you mean by dominating in Europe?

Old
03-10-2005, 09:10 AM
markov`

Quote:
Hmm, I'd say it's pretty much even for me.

Earl is one of the most skilled players in the NCAA, while Josh is a solid QMJHL player. Not sure, but I really liked Josh H. for 2003, he was my (along with Pushkarov) favourite picks going into the 2nd round for the Leafs, they both went before #57.

I liken him to Jeremy Roenick, a really like him.

Double standard sucks, man.

Thanks for proving my point: you're the biggest homer on HFBoards.

Last edited by markov`: 03-10-2005 at 11:14 AM.
Old
03-10-2005, 09:48 AM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

Let's get back to the main topic of this thread: Andrei Kostitsyn...

I saw the game highlights last night on Sportscentre. That was one wicked wrist shot by Andrei in shootout, just inside the far post. He looked calm and confident. Way to go Andrei! Sanford's shootout goal was awesome too... he totally undressed the goalie Clemmensen.

Old
03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
J-D

I guess you won't be surprised as to why this thread is closed.

You guys acted like the Dude Where's my Car scene where they say "WHAT DOES MY TATTOO SAY!!!"

Your tattoo says sweet, your tattoo says dude. Got it?

You will have to learn how to agree to disagree with someone else, even if you think their opinion is laughable. We're talking about prospect that didn't have a sniff at the NHL yet, for chrissakes. Ease up, people.

Closed Thread