HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Edmonton - Calgary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-25-2013, 02:14 PM
  #1
GoldenTicket
Registered User
 
GoldenTicket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bushes
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 50
Edmonton - Calgary

Ignoring the fact that trades between division rivals seldom occur.
(Although we did manage to pawn of Staios a few years back)

Does it make sense for Calgary to suck it up and do a proper rebuild ?

If so what would it take to get the last 2 years of Kipper's contract. (I'm not a fan at all of the Ben Bishop talk).

Would Calgary be interested in something like.

To EDM
Kipper

To Calgary

MPS
Dubnyk
2nd 2013

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
  #2
zeus3007*
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
Posts: 13,226
vCash: 500
Uh oh....here we go.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:17 PM
  #3
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,639
vCash: 50
Need Gagner and done. (No flames fan will agree)

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:21 PM
  #4
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,167
vCash: 2259
Oilers pass. Old man Kipper is good now, but doesnt fit with the team. When the kids(PRV, and Dubnyk included) are in their prime; Kipper will be gone

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:22 PM
  #5
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Need Gagner and done. (No flames fan will agree)
You're darn right on that one.


As for the original proposal, a soon-to-be classified bust, a marginal starter and of course, the all important second pick. No thanks. The Flames can easily do better if they trade Kipper, which they won't.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:32 PM
  #6
Homesick
Registered User
 
Homesick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,167
vCash: 2259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Other Flame View Post
You're darn right on that one.


As for the original proposal, a soon-to-be classified bust, a marginal starter and of course, the all important second pick. No thanks. The Flames can easily do better if they trade Kipper, which they won't.
Just because a 21 y/o LW isn't good enough to out play Hall, Yakupov, or Smyth doesnt make him a "soon-to-be bust". He's playing a limited role whenever the Oilers can get him in the line up. Like c'mon....we're not talking about Greg Nemisz here.

As for Dubnyk being a marginal starter.....I guess you're not old enough to remember the great Kiprusoff 10 years ago.


Last edited by Homesick: 01-25-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:34 PM
  #7
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Why do Oilers fans get torture like this.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 02:47 PM
  #8
GoldenTicket
Registered User
 
GoldenTicket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: In your bushes
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,033
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Why do Oilers fans get torture like this.
Yeah really. Why offer a package of futures to a rebuilding team for an older player who will never help said team win a cup. Makes no sense.

GoldenTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:05 PM
  #9
Archangel
Registered User
 
Archangel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,293
vCash: 252
trade does not work for either side. Oilers are not in a win now mode and kipper is a ufa in two years and the oilers will be looking to win at that point in time. IF the flames move Kipper they could get a better deal elsewhere then the offer from the OP.

Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:18 PM
  #10
WeridAl
YuckaFlux
 
WeridAl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: 10ft of Snow
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneGretzky View Post
Yeah really. Why offer a package of futures to a rebuilding team for an older player who will never help said team win a cup. Makes no sense.
Better not tell the Flames that they are a rebuilding team.

Flames management still believes they can make the playoffs and they also have high hopes for Laurent Brossoit.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:24 PM
  #11
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,372
vCash: 500
Flames say no.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:50 PM
  #12
alphahelix
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
this would be a total waste of assets for the Oilers... IF they want to target a Flame for their group, it should be Giordano. Don't know if there would be anything Calgary would want for him - maybe we could entice them with the 2013 1st?

alphahelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 03:54 PM
  #13
The Ultimate Warrior
F l a m e s
 
The Ultimate Warrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fort McMurray
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,314
vCash: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphahelix View Post
this would be a total waste of assets for the Oilers... IF they want to target a Flame for their group, it should be Giordano. Don't know if there would be anything Calgary would want for him - maybe we could entice them with the 2013 1st?
Doubt we ever see these teams make a major deal, but hypothetically yes, if you did want Giordano it starts with your 1st 2013...

The Ultimate Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:40 PM
  #14
Skobel24
#Ignited
 
Skobel24's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,844
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneGretzky View Post
Ignoring the fact that trades between division rivals seldom occur.
(Although we did manage to pawn of Staios a few years back)

Does it make sense for Calgary to suck it up and do a proper rebuild ?

If so what would it take to get the last 2 years of Kipper's contract. (I'm not a fan at all of the Ben Bishop talk).

Would Calgary be interested in something like.

To EDM
Kipper

To Calgary

MPS
Dubnyk
2nd 2013
I'll start by saying, that the value is there. MPS isn't a bust yet, and a change of scenery could do wonders. Give Dubnyk some time, and he can become a starter.

However, the odds of the Flames trading Kipper to its biggest rival, isn't going to happen.

Skobel24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:51 PM
  #15
Some Other Flame
Registered User
 
Some Other Flame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Just because a 21 y/o LW isn't good enough to out play Hall, Yakupov, or Smyth doesnt make him a "soon-to-be bust". He's playing a limited role whenever the Oilers can get him in the line up. Like c'mon....we're not talking about Greg Nemisz here.

As for Dubnyk being a marginal starter.....I guess you're not old enough to remember the great Kiprusoff 10 years ago.
For a team that literally throws their kids to the wolves, whether they're ready or not, Paajarvi not being able to at least stick in the line up is certainly eye-brow raising. Granted, the Oilers rushing him didn't do him any favours. But the Flames are horrendous at developing prospects, so there isn't much of a chance Paajarvi turns his game around here.

Kipper was stuck behind Toskala and Nabokov. Once he got the opportunity of regular starts, he shined. Dubnyk's a marginal starter now. Maybe in the future he realizes his potential, but if the Flames are going to have to be patient with a goaltender while they rebuild, I'd much rather they do it with one of their own goalie prospects, i.e. Irving, Ortio, Gillies, or Brossiot.

In any case, the idea of willingly making an arch rival better, in any sense, isn't a road the Flames should be exploring anytime soon, if ever. Especially when they can likely get a better deal elsewhere, if they trade Kipper, which they won't however.

Some Other Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
  #16
Never
Completely digital
 
Never's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Better not tell the Flames that they are a rebuilding team.

Flames management still believes they can make the playoffs and they also have high hopes for Laurent Brossoit.
Who?

Never is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 04:55 PM
  #17
Flameshomer
Registered User
 
Flameshomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,298
vCash: 500
I'd do Gio and Nemisz for your first and MPS.

Flameshomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:19 PM
  #18
Aceboogie
Registered User
 
Aceboogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 25,600
vCash: 500
Kipper has already shown signs of slowing down. So when hes no good at the end of next year whos our goalie? I would do a trade for kipper but not involve Dubynk

MPS
Gernat
and a pick

Aceboogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
  #19
Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
I would do it as a Flames fan

Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:34 PM
  #20
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,513
vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Need Gagner and done. (No flames fan will agree)
I agree actually, if Gagner was in.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:41 PM
  #21
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 50
Honestly I don't think the Flames would get much more than that for Kiprusoff. Two young players who look promising (Dubnyk, more so) for a guy clearly on the decline.

I wouldn't do it personally.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:47 PM
  #22
InfinityIggy
Moderator
No Longer Flammable
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,513
vCash: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Honestly I don't think the Flames would get much more than that for Kiprusoff. Two young players who look promising (Dubnyk, more so) for a guy clearly on the decline.

I wouldn't do it personally.
Maybe, but if we aren't going to get much more, we would move him out of conference not to our rival.

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 05:50 PM
  #23
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyutinMyOwnHorn View Post
Who?
I know you know who he is, but why are you mocking him?

He's a solid prospect. WHL playoff MVP.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:48 PM
  #24
Flamesjustwin
Registered User
 
Flamesjustwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: London ON
Posts: 1,442
vCash: 463
Bouwmeester for Smid.

Flamesjustwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-25-2013, 06:50 PM
  #25
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: McDavid
Posts: 27,109
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesjustwin View Post
Bouwmeester for Smid.
Paajarvi for Baertschi.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.