HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

vCash: 500
I'd rather sign a 38 year old Kimmo Timonen in the offseason than trade for Bouwmeester.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:09 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
From what I've seen of J-Bo, he's a slow-footed giveaway machine. He'd be crucified here.

Where are the stats guys to back this up? Oh, wait, Fuhr is the one pushing this idea.
Wait. Are you sure you've been watching the right player?

Because if there is one thing that no one disagrees about on Bouwmeester, it's the fact that's he's one of the smoothest skaters in the NHL. The guy's greatest asset by far is his skating ability.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:20 PM
ATdaisuki
invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutz View Post
Why don't we deserve him? Who deserves him more?
i was trying to reference something, but i had no idea if i was doing it right.

Old
01-29-2013, 12:53 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Wait. Are you sure you've been watching the right player?

Because if there is one thing that no one disagrees about on Bouwmeester, it's the fact that's he's one of the smoothest skaters in the NHL. The guy's greatest asset by far is his skating ability.
jay sssssssslllllllllooooooowwwwwwwwwmeester

Old
01-29-2013, 01:08 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
From what I've seen of J-Bo, he's a slow-footed giveaway machine. He'd be crucified here.

Where are the stats guys to back this up? Oh, wait, Fuhr is the one pushing this idea.
Im on board with Fuhr on this as well. Again a limited sampling obviously but the 2 games ive seen of his this year he would have been our 2nd best defenceman.
He gets the puck out of the zone very nicely, seems to be a good accurate passer, its when he hits the red line you just want him to use the amazing speed he has generated to take the d to the outside and then use his frame to cut to the net to make things happen but its just not how he seems to play.
The point is he still seems very effective and given the right circumstances i think a valuable defenceman.
If he cost half of what he's making we'd be talking about what a bargain he is, and since the $$$ are irrelevant i find it hard to understand how anyone could be against this.

People would rather give up a 2nd rounder + or a decent prospect to get a $2-3 million player as a stopgap who would part time it as a #4 for us and really a #5 or 6 guy when everyone is healthy?

Think big. If we pick a JBO, he's a real #3 guy not masquerading as one. it allows the team to move Gonchar or to keep him and give him a quality partner increasing his value to us.
we could resign him for signifcantly less, and it secures our defence for the forseeable future.

EK Methot
Cowen Bouwmeester
Weircoch Ceci

or some combination thereof.
That is a huge, skilled, mobile defence.

Old
01-29-2013, 01:51 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

From the flames board:
re. JBO
possibly available at the deadline.
We need:
A replacement D-man.
A good pick or prospect for Bouw. Prefferably a RW, C or D. No goalies

what would you offer based on that?

Old
01-29-2013, 01:53 PM
benjiv1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
From the flames board:
re. JBO
We need:
A replacement D-man.

Lundin+Prince

Old
01-29-2013, 02:01 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjiv1 View Post
Lundin+Prince
funny, i was think the same thing. must be crap offer then....

Old
01-29-2013, 02:03 PM
BankStreetParade

Quote:
From the flames board:
re. JBO
We need:
A replacement D-man.

Bouwmeester is a salary dump at this point. There are no teams who will give up a good pick or prospect for him. That's just wishful thinking on the part of the fans. In the same way that Ottawa fans think Bishop is worth a first round pick in trade. I'd pass on Bouwmeester. He's going to be 30 at the start of next season, he's regressed dramatically in offensive production, he has an albatross contract and he doesn't really address our needs on the blue line. I'd rather keep his spot open for Ceci to potentially take it in the next 2 years.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:09 PM
Wondercarrot
Stone, Mr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankStreetParade View Post
Bouwmeester is a salary dump at this point. There are no teams who will give up a good pick or prospect for him. That's just wishful thinking on the part of the fans. In the same way that Ottawa fans think Bishop is worth a first round pick in trade. I'd pass on Bouwmeester. He's going to be 30 at the start of next season, he's regressed dramatically in offensive production, he has an albatross contract and he doesn't really address our needs on the blue line. I'd rather keep his spot open for Ceci to potentially take it in the next 2 years.
i disagree, he may not have a ton of offence but id say he's pretty much exactly what we need. A guy who skates really well, very big though not physical takes up a lot of space, clears the zone well and can eat up piles of minutes.

Ceci will be a rookie in 2 years, not a reliable top 4 guy.

Dont get me wrong i think due to his salary they may look to dump it, but if money isnt an issue under the cap i think a guy like that for few assets and mainly $$$ is a steal. they're happy to be rid of the hit, we get a legit top 4 guy.
Methot - EK
Cowen - ?
Phillips/Boro - Weircoch

Ceci in for Phillips/boro when ready.
So who plays in the #3/4 slot?

Old
01-29-2013, 02:10 PM
Ron Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Goalies don't tend to return much either.
I bet the Leafs would give us 2 firsts and a second for Andy :-)

Old
01-29-2013, 02:17 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

I'd like Doug Murray...

Cos his surnames Murray, and he's a Swede...

Old
01-29-2013, 02:25 PM
BankStreetParade

Quote:
i disagree, he may not have a ton of offence but id say he's pretty much exactly what we need. A guy who skates really well, very big though not physical takes up a lot of space, clears the zone well and can eat up piles of minutes.

Ceci will be a rookie in 2 years, not a reliable top 4 guy.

Dont get me wrong i think due to his salary they may look to dump it, but if money isnt an issue under the cap i think a guy like that for few assets and mainly $$$ is a steal. they're happy to be rid of the hit, we get a legit top 4 guy.
Methot - EK
Cowen - ?
Phillips/Boro - Weircoch

Ceci in for Phillips/boro when ready.
So who plays in the #3/4 slot?
There's a ton of guys in the league who can play that role who don't make even half of what he does. Especially when you consider the fact that his offensive production has fallen off considerably AND it continues to decline, I would pass. I see Weircioch and/or Borowiecki playing full time in Ottawa next year. And if not both of them, we'll need a second pairing guy.

I'd rather pluck someone out of free agency than take the chance on Bouwmeester.

Some potential UFAs who would fit our second pairing:

Ian White
Mark Streit
Ladislav Smid

Old
01-29-2013, 02:42 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Bouwmeester pretty much embodies everything you don't want on your team.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:53 PM
The Fuhr*

Quote:
If the Flames decided to eat enough of the cap hit so that J-Bo was only a 4 million dollar defenseman for the rest of the deal... There would be a gigantic demand for him... Every contender would want him for there second pair.
J-Bo is the perfect number 3 for just about every team

Old
01-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
There's a ton of guys in the league who can play that role who don't make even half of what he does. Especially when you consider the fact that his offensive production has fallen off considerably AND it continues to decline, I would pass. I see Weircioch and/or Borowiecki playing full time in Ottawa next year. And if not both of them, we'll need a second pairing guy.

I'd rather pluck someone out of free agency than take the chance on Bouwmeester.

Some potential UFAs who would fit our second pairing:

Ian White
Mark Streit
Ladislav Smid
Not that I'm advocating getting Bouwmeester, but while his offensive production dropped off when his joined the flames, he was getting 1:30 less PP time per game. 2010/11 was a brutal year offensively for him but he put up better numbers last year (same as his first in Cal), so I'm not sure about saying that it continues to decline.

Calgary hasn't really been a high scoring team since he's been there where as Florida was kind middle of the road durring his tenure as well; I think he'd likely see a lot more points in Ottawa (I'm thinking 35-40 ish) due to the style of play.

I think of him as a better skating Kuba, but paid too much. Kuba worked out ok here, so could Bouwmeester; maybe he'd actually play like he cares on a team in the playoff mix. With his contract expiring end of next year, his cap hit/pay shouldn't really matter to anyone but Melnyk, as we likely won't be a cap team durring that time.

Old
01-29-2013, 02:57 PM
Micklebot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Below View Post
If the Flames decided to eat enough of the cap hit so that J-Bo was only a 4 million dollar defenseman for the rest of the deal... There would be a gigantic demand for him... Every contender would want him for there second pair.
J-Bo is the perfect number 3 for just about every team
He's certainly an upgrade over Phillips, probably Methot (though I'm loving his game so far) and arguably Gonchar.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gil Gunderson View Post
Bouwmeester pretty much embodies everything you don't want on your team.
is he a racist?

Old
01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

Lehner would probably punch him back.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:03 PM
Gil Gunderson

vCash: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by The OttoMan Lion View Post
is he a racist?
Could be.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly

Old
01-29-2013, 03:22 PM
smokes lets go

Mark Streit would be a great pickup for you guys to replace Gonchar's spot. He may want to go to a cup contender and the isles are most certainly not.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post

Lehner would probably punch him back.
looolll

Old
01-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Dr.Sens(e)

Ryan O'Reilly

Anyone toyed with the idea of Murray making a pitch for O'Reilly?

Murray has shown he is willing to make a trade like this before, swapping one young asset for another. He did this obviously with Turris last year, who was also on a contract hold-out.

O'Reilly is only 21, has tons of leadership qualities, a great motor and is coming off an 18 goal, 55 point season. Could be a great fit for a top 9 that features Spezza-Turris-O'Reilly as a our 1-2-3 centers. I'm a big believer in having your top skilled players spread across three lines, and consolidating them on the powerplay.

At 21, he could obviously become part of our core.

What would go back? Well, not a d-man obviously, and what ever went the other way would hurt (just like Rundblad). He did lead the Avs in scoring last year.

But perhaps Stone? Or a package that included two of Da Costa, Noesen and/or Hoffman? I'm sure they'd ask for Zibanejad or Silfverberg, but I'd probably pass on that deal.

Old
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gripper View Post
Mark Streit would be a great pickup for you guys to replace Gonchar's spot. He may want to go to a cup contender and the isles are most certainly not.
We're a cup contender?

Closed Thread