HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-30-2013, 11:23 AM
  #351
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 50
You see teams that have bottomed out early and you wonder if they want to make changes - Erik Johnson is a guy in Colorado who could be the 2nd pairing RD we are looking for to settle our D down. Would be tough to get, but he was traded once already and if Colorado is looking to make changes, his name may come up again.

COL: Ott 1st 2013, Ceci, Bishop, Hoffman
OTT: E. Johnson

Tuna99 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:25 AM
  #352
Pilgore88
Registered User
 
Pilgore88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: East Coast
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
You see teams that have bottomed out early and you wonder if they want to make changes - Erik Johnson is a guy in Colorado who could be the 2nd pairing RD we are looking for to settle our D down. Would be tough to get, but he was traded once already and if Colorado is looking to make changes, his name may come up again.

COL: Ott 1st 2013, Ceci, Bishop, Hoffman
OTT: E. Johnson
They paid Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk to get EJ, two young NHL players. They will not let him go for that package.

Pilgore88 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:29 AM
  #353
Tuna99
Registered User
 
Tuna99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,236
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Farva View Post
They paid Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk to get EJ, two young NHL players. They will not let him go for that package.
Yeah, but i thought Ceci and the 1st with Bishop would be sweet - is probably more like a Zibby + 1st and a prospect like Hoffman or De Costa

Tuna99 is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:30 AM
  #354
operasen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,798
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna99 View Post
You see teams that have bottomed out early and you wonder if they want to make changes - Erik Johnson is a guy in Colorado who could be the 2nd pairing RD we are looking for to settle our D down. Would be tough to get, but he was traded once already and if Colorado is looking to make changes, his name may come up again.

COL: Ott 1st 2013, Ceci, Bishop, Hoffman
OTT: E. Johnson
Hoffman probably done for the year with a broken collarbone.

operasen is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 11:41 AM
  #355
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 50
Is it me or sometimes we look like we're lacking speed on the 2nd line?

guyzeur is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:00 PM
  #356
DonthaveaCOWEN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyzeur View Post
Is it me or sometimes we look like we're lacking speed on the 2nd line?
Well ya, Fatendresse is on the 2nd line

DonthaveaCOWEN is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 12:10 PM
  #357
Cujomi
Show your fury?
 
Cujomi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,753
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonthaveaCOWEN View Post
Well ya, Fatendresse is on the 2nd line
Old man Alfie hasn't exactly looked spry this year either. People may not like it but Turris has carried that line so far. Alfredsson still gets by with his great hockey sense and determination, but he's clearly eroding. Unless he's been dealing with the flu all year...last night he was probably the worst player on the ice.

Cujomi is online now  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:16 PM
  #358
guyzeur
Registered User
 
guyzeur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,059
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonthaveaCOWEN View Post
Well ya, Fatendresse is on the 2nd line
Maybe but Guillaume can't play on the 3rd or 4th line. He's not a good fit. Either is on the 2nd or he's out of the line up.

Give him a chance, he hasn't played much in the last two years.

guyzeur is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 01:38 PM
  #359
DJB
Sens best prospect
 
DJB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,598
vCash: 50
E Johnson is overrated. I'd rather have Shattenkirk then him straight up.

DJB is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
  #360
Hale The Villain
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,936
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
E Johnson is overrated. I'd rather have Shattenkirk then him straight up.
Shattenkirk is the one that is overrated. Hitchcock's system makes him look much better all-around than he really is.

Johnson is an extremely valuable defenseman. He's a 6'5, 220lbs defenseman that can log huge minutes in all situations and succeed. He's unquestionably a top pairing defenseman at this time, and he's not playing close to his potential.

Hale The Villain is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 03:41 PM
  #361
Berserker
Registered User
 
Berserker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,546
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthSens View Post
Carolina places Zach Boychuk on waivers... I doubt he'll clear let alone reach us, but I certainly wouldn't mind picking him up and giving him a shot here. Former first round pick (2008).
What is the current priority system for waivers? Is it based on current rankings or the final rankings of last season?

Either way we are mid (16) or late (25) in terms of priority to claim players off waivers. There are a lot of ****tier teams that have priority over us so chances are if we claim some player off waivers it is either a depth forward or depth defenseman. Those are the only kinds of players that will slip far enough for the Sens to be able take a crack at them.

Berserker is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
  #362
Topside
Registered User
 
Topside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,178
vCash: 500
If Spezza is out for longer than expected who can we take a run at to fill in at center? Turris and one of Zibanejad/Da Costa/Regin might be okay as a 1-2 for stretches but the team is going to need somebody they can rely on. If Washington keeps sucking then Ribeiro might be a good choice. Contract expires at the end of the season so we wouldn't have a logjam at center afterwards.

Topside is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 04:56 PM
  #363
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it
 
WasTeD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: in your head
Country: Equatorial Guinea
Posts: 13,984
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
^^ could try and get O'Rielly outta Colorado. He and Turris would make up a pretty decent 1/2 centre combo.

WasTeD is offline  
Old
01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
  #364
MandyAlwaysKnows
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MandyAlwaysKnows's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 12,978
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
Shattenkirk is the one that is overrated. Hitchcock's system makes him look much better all-around than he really is.

Johnson is an extremely valuable defenseman. He's a 6'5, 220lbs defenseman that can log huge minutes in all situations and succeed. He's unquestionably a top pairing defenseman at this time, and he's not playing close to his potential.
Johnson is relatively awful. 2nd pair guy at best.

He produces very little offense (Chris Phillips comparable) and went to Dion Phaneuf's school of defense. He's awful.

You're right though, he's not playing to his potential... never has, likely never will.



No way in heck would I give 1st + Ceci ++ for that turd


Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
^^ could try and get O'Rielly outta Colorado. He and Turris would make up a pretty decent 1/2 centre combo.
Trade Spezza

MandyAlwaysKnows is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:33 AM
  #365
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,073
vCash: 500
id like to give Dacosta a shot, guy has ridiculous vision and great hands. Lets see if the rest of his game is capable at the NHL level.

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:41 AM
  #366
Micklebot
Registered User
 
Micklebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Johnson is relatively awful. 2nd pair guy at best.

He produces very little offense (Chris Phillips comparable) and went to Dion Phaneuf's school of defense. He's awful.

You're right though, he's not playing to his potential... never has, likely never will.



No way in heck would I give 1st + Ceci ++ for that turd




Trade Spezza
Chris Phillips career high is 26 in 82. E. Johnson has 33, 39 and 26 pts seasons already, despite playing 700 less games

Not sure they are comparable offensively, but I wouldn't make that trade either.

Micklebot is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:46 AM
  #367
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,518
vCash: 50
Shoulda traded Spezza when we had the chance.

Boychuck pls

Benny FTW is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 10:46 AM
  #368
BK201
Registered User
 
BK201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
^^ could try and get O'Rielly outta Colorado. He and Turris would make up a pretty decent 1/2 centre combo.
I think he's looking for 5 million plus and would cost a lot and they are doing spezza's surgery to keep him healthy long term fur Ottawa.

BK201 is online now  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:05 AM
  #369
Sensation
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cary, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 1,302
vCash: 500
No chance at Boychuk, claimed by Pittsburgh

Quote:

‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
CAR's Zach Boychuk has been claimed off waivers by PIT.

Sensation is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:09 AM
  #370
Indy on the Road
Still near and dear
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,679
vCash: 500
Since the season is over... which team(s) do you think will be banging on Murray's door in order to get Alfredsson?

Indy on the Road is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:12 AM
  #371
PoutineSp00nZ
Registered User
 
PoutineSp00nZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa Senators Fan View Post
Since the season is over... which team(s) do you think will be banging on Murray's door in order to get Alfredsson?
I don't think the season is over. After the solid start if they can manage .500 hockey they should be ok. And .500 hockey is possible with this group. Maybe Anderson keeps it up and gets his name in the Vezina race. Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't count on all that, but anything is possible!

Too early to give up on the playoffs.

PoutineSp00nZ is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:13 AM
  #372
Indy on the Road
Still near and dear
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by poutineplato View Post
I don't think the season is over. After the solid start if they can manage .500 hockey they should be ok. And .500 hockey is possible with this group. Maybe Anderson keeps it up and gets his name in the Vezina race. Stranger things have happened. I wouldn't count on all that, but anything is possible!

Too early to give up on the playoffs.
I'll trust you Mr. Curds 'n Vy.

Indy on the Road is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:26 AM
  #373
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,073
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Shoulda traded Spezza when we had the chance.

Boychuck pls
When was that? When he led us to the playoffs and finished 4th in NHL scoring last year when we were expected to finish last? or just after he lead us to a Stanley Cup final?

Wondercarrot is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:46 AM
  #374
Spezza19
GO SENS GO!!
 
Spezza19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,545
vCash: 500
Damn, nice pick up by Pitty on Boychuck. Some untapped potential there and Carolina gave up on him a bit too early.

Spezza19 is offline  
Old
01-31-2013, 11:47 AM
  #375
Benny FTW
Tool Time Travel
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,518
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
When was that? When he led us to the playoffs and finished 4th in NHL scoring last year when we were expected to finish last? or just after he lead us to a Stanley Cup final?
Every summer for the last 8 years when he decided he wanted to play for the Leafs. Duh.

Benny FTW is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.