HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals: Part XXXIII

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

vCash: 500
It makes a lot more sense to keep Benoit as the 7th D when Lundin comes back. Why have a developing young guy sit out too many games when he's a phone call away. Benoit can get a game here and there by filling in for injuries or back to back games and it won't hurt his development to sit.

Not that it matters much but Benoit's NHL pay (reduced schedule) and Bingo pay (full schedule) are closer than either rookie so keeping him here makes little difference on overall $$$.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:26 PM
mikey

Frankly, lundinmight not be an upgrade over boro.... with the amount of games he will have missed when he gets back. If he is, boro gets sent down. Benoit and weir have been the most consistent.

Old
02-05-2013, 06:44 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
Best part about that thread is the persont that wanted Jason Garrison for $6M
I wonder if Garrison's CORSI stats are worth $6mil at the moment?

Old
02-05-2013, 06:54 PM
kaws

I hope Lundin gets sent down to Bingo to for a conditioning stint before he gets into our NHL lineup.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:16 PM
Rysto

So, Craig Button thinks that if our offence goes completely to hell without Spezza, we'd consider trading Lehner for offensive help.

No, seriously.

Old
02-05-2013, 07:36 PM
playasRus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysto View Post
So, Craig Button thinks that if our offence goes completely to hell without Spezza, we'd consider trading Lehner for offensive help.

No, seriously.
Anderson is so consistent though that we're set in nets with him for hte next 5 years. Lehner just gives us even more long term stability between the pipes. If Lehner got us something significiant like an esteblished top line winger I'd pull the trigger wthout asking any questions. It's just that Lehner isn't worth that so we'd move sideways on offense but downgrade in nets if we traded him.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:27 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 50
If we are in contention by the deadline how about Zibanejad, Da Costa and a 2014 1st or 2nd for Perry and a conditional 2nd in case he doesn't re-sign?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Sens Mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Hossa View Post
If we are in contention by the deadline how about Zibanejad, Da Costa and a 2014 1st or 2nd for Perry and a conditional 2nd in case he doesn't re-sign?
The conditional does not matter. Murray would never make that commitment without knowing Perry will sign

Old
02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
PatrickEaves
We Lost

So if Kipper is out mid-long term, Calgary's terrible "we're going to make the playoffs" management might be looking for a goalie.

Think they have any interest in Bishop?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:38 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 50
Bishop for Iginla

Old
02-05-2013, 10:41 PM
Berserker*

If David Clarkson doesn't resign with NJ this off season, should we target him? He is a solid bottom six forward in a similar mold to Neil but this season and last he has started to establish himself as a top six scorer. Does he have the skill to actually be a legitimate top six forward?

Old
02-05-2013, 10:50 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Bishop for Iginla
I'd break my mouse accepting this on fantasy leagues. I can imagine what Murray would do.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:15 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
So if Kipper is out mid-long term, Calgary's terrible "we're going to make the playoffs" management might be looking for a goalie.

Think they have any interest in Bishop?
Possibly but it's not like they have much to give up though. Maybe a second rounder.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:37 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
Possibly but it's not like they have much to give up though. Maybe a second rounder.
Cool with me, it looks like it's going to be a top-10 pick in the 2nd round, especially now that Kipper is done.

*Edit*
Maybe we can ask for an AHL defenceman for Bingo as a toss in to the pick, to help out the farm?
Brady Lamb, or Brett Carson. Throw Bingo a bone down there.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:52 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

If we're making a deal with the Flames, get Max Reinhart thrown in. I'd do Reinhart and a 3rd/4th for Bishop.

If we really want to get creative, I'd take Stajan + CGY's 1st for Bishop. Hell we could even use Stajan, but they need to ditch that contract ASAP.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:30 AM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post
If we really want to get creative, I'd take Stajan + CGY's 1st for Bishop. Hell we could even use Stajan, but they need to ditch that contract ASAP.
Wouldn't Calgary's 1st be literally gold? Their management is smart, Bishop isn't good enough to extract something notable, but will return something useful.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:36 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Wouldn't Calgary's 1st be literally gold? Their management is smart, Bishop isn't good enough to extract something notable, but will return something useful.
It wouldn't literally be gold, but it would probably be Barkov or Lindholm.

Seriously though, Reinhart + 3rd for Bishop. I'd even do Bishop + 3rd for 2nd and Reinhart.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:48 AM
Quo

Quote:
It wouldn't literally be gold, but it would probably be Barkov or Lindholm.

Seriously though, Reinhart + 3rd for Bishop. I'd even do Bishop + 3rd for 2nd and Reinhart.
Tell me about this little German fellow.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:51 AM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Terrible.

So we get a 2nd round pick for Zibanejad + 2014 1st. That's a great trade.

F- , really sorry to be blunt Hossa, but that's absolutely the worst thing our franchise could do.

Old
02-06-2013, 12:54 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quo View Post
Tell me about this little German fellow.
He's Griffin Reinhart's older brother. Good player out of the WHL playing for The Abbotsford Heat now. Soft hands, great skater plays big. I see the upside of a very good 3rd liner there and he could really help Bingo right now.

I wouldn't mind Granlund's little bro either, but I'm thinking Calgary value him pretty highly.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:21 AM
Quo

Quote:
He's Griffin Reinhart's older brother. Good player out of the WHL playing for The Abbotsford Heat now. Soft hands, great skater plays big. I see the upside of a very good 3rd liner there and he could really help Bingo right now.

I wouldn't mind Granlund's little bro either, but I'm thinking Calgary value him pretty highly.
I went to read up on him a bit. Looks like he could be a player.

In any case, if Bishop is on the market, I am entirely in favor of a deal along the lines you proposed: mid round and a prospect.

In the specific case you proposed Calgary gets a keeper without paying through the nose which may have some appeal. For the Sens, a deal like this simultaneously helps a farm team in need and gives us a decent prospect to work with + a future. I like it. It's potentially win-win and relatively low risk for each club involved.

Old
02-06-2013, 01:28 AM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

I also like the idea of giving this scouting team more picks too. Milk it while they stick around. Even low round picks seem to yield useful players. Freddie Frickin' Claesson could almost be a call up for this team next year and he was a 5th rounder only a couple years ago. Same as Mike Hoffman this year. Keep going to the well.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:43 AM
Ed Wood

I hate to see a guy like Lundin taking playing time away from our kids. His four goals (31 assists) in 241 games is David Hale level production and the guy is under 200 pounds so I don't see him scaring anybody. I'd trade him before I'd send any of our three Bingo d-men back to the AHL.

Old
02-06-2013, 03:56 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Wood View Post
I hate to see a guy like Lundin taking playing time away from our kids. His four goals (31 assists) in 241 games is David Hale level production and the guy is under 200 pounds so I don't see him scaring anybody. I'd trade him before I'd send any of our three Bingo d-men back to the AHL.
He's a fair bit more defensive than Hale was, though.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on "Mike Lundin: Future All Star" or anything, and I dont want people thinking I'm giving Lundin this huge vote of confidence, but he's a fair bit better than Hale ever was.

Old
02-06-2013, 04:06 AM
General Granny*

Lundins best trait isnt his offensive production but his realibility. Lundin can eat up 18-20 minutes when healthy without hurting you, if you pair him with Gonchar you dont have to worry about his production, he is a safe player that doesnt make alot of mistakes and gains trust of his coach to put him on the ice more.

With Karlsson eating up 30min of ice time now, I think we need a guy like Lundin before we burn Karlsson down.

Closed Thread