HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Phoenix LXIX: Thread of LXIX

Closed Thread

Old
01-28-2013, 01:20 PM
GuelphStormer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conflicted Habs fan View Post
Double ewwwww, this is escalating into a new level of creepiness, does she hang around the locker room too?
of course she does, that's puckbunny 101 ... hang around the locker room.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:33 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuelphStormer View Post
of course she does, that's puckbunny 101 ... hang around the locker room.
Puck bunny: a young female hockey fan, especially one motivated more by a desire to meet the players than by an interest in hockey.

OK. So what is the term given to the Puck Bunny when they are old enough to be your grandmother?

You work your butt off, get a couple of goals, shower after the game, put on your nice threads, get ready to go out and have a few refreshments with you teammates... and the first thing you see coming out of the dressing room is Joyce... sure would want me to have the team I'm playing for, moved.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
Puck bunny: a young female hockey fan, especially one motivated more by a desire to meet the players than by an interest in hockey.

OK. So what is the term given to the Puck Bunny when they are old enough to be your grandmother?

You work your butt off, get a couple of goals, shower after the game, put on your nice threads, get ready to go out and have a few refreshments with you teammates... and the first thing you see coming out of the dressing room is Joyce... sure would want me to have the team I'm playing for, moved.
Don't mock, cbcwpg. It looks like her fame is spreading, and groupies are beginning to assemble just for the chance of meeting her at the game.

Quote:
Joyce Clark ‏@clarkjv
RT @dave_zorn: @clarkjv Hope to see you again between periods. New people were asking about you Saturday. Meet bet pds 1 & 2? Same place?
Maybe they better improve the entertainment between periods at the Jobing.com.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:48 PM
powerstuck
Nordiques Hopes Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
Well...

Quote:
Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

This is the very last Tweet on this subject. It may take two of them. I have met Greg Jamison often. He is a man of his word. He knows contd

Joyce Clark‏@clarkjv

The deadline is Jan. 31. He will meet it. We will hear, see, taste or touch something on Jan. 31. That's 3 days away. Please have patience.
All I have to say is : Popcorn from this moment all the way to Friday 9PM (i've got some hockey on my own friday night).

Old
01-28-2013, 01:50 PM
Vinc360

Jamison says he'll buy the team before Thursday
http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/we...ve-owner-says/

Old
01-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Kylo Ren
East Valley Coyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
Yesssssssssssss

Old
01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
GF

I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other-GJ

Well that doesn't sound too good.

Old
01-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Vinc360

(He's only said that about ten thousand times now, better believe him this time!)

Old
01-28-2013, 01:57 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13-15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Which Thursday?

Old
01-28-2013, 01:58 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 714
Quote:
Not quite what he said.

Quote:
“There’s a lot happening. We’re moving forward. There will be an announcement before the end of the week,”

Really? An announcement this week?

“Yes, there will. There certainly will,” he said.

“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time,”
The direct quotes attributed to Jamison doesn't really say he's going to annoucne the sale this week. Just that there will be an announcement.....

Old
01-28-2013, 01:59 PM
Whileee

Well, this clears everything up.

Quote:
“There are a lot of moving parts. It’s very difficult to explain how many moving parts there are to put it all together. Rather than constantly going into that with people – people are a little tired of hearing that – I think they would just prefer to have an announcement, one way or the other, at an appropriate time,” he said.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:01 PM
GF

I re-re-read the article. Nowhere does Greg Jamison say he will buy the team. That's the reporter's words. Jamison says there are many moving parts and will make an announcement "one way or the other". To me it means, wether we buy or not. Again, nothing convincing...

Am I reading wrong here?

Edit* ok cheswick posted basically the same thing a few minutes before I did.

Last edited by GF: 01-28-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: cheswick :)
Old
01-28-2013, 02:02 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Not quite what he said.

The direct quotes attributed to Jamison doesn't really say he's going to annoucne the sale this week. Just that there will be an announcement.....

Well, he said he expects he'll buy it, then he said there's going to be an announcement on thursday at the latest... I put 2 and 2 together. Even though I personally don't believe he'll buy the team.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:07 PM
powerstuck
Nordiques Hopes Lies

All I read is...we will either announce we buy the team, or we give up in the attempt of buying the team. Take a coin from your pocket, call it tails or heads...let it spin for a while and you'll have the answer.

Anyway, who is this new guy Paul Giblin, I tough it would come from Mike Sunnucks.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
JimAnchower

Quote:
Except for a line in the article where the author says Jamison will buy the team, a line that can't be attributed to anything Jamison is quoted from in the article, there isn't any difference between this article and yesterday's article. Though author does seem to think there is a big difference.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:11 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Not quite what he said.

Either way..... it should be over.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:13 PM
cheswick
Non-registered User

vCash: 714
Quote:
Well, he said he expects he'll buy it, then he said there's going to be an announcement on thursday at the latest... I put 2 and 2 together. Even though I personally don't believe he'll buy the team.
Technically there's no direct quotes of Jamison saying he'll be buying the team. The author of the article says it for sure. But the quotes he attributes to Jamison are vague. Much like any answer Bettman ever says. Now when the writer of the article says "Prospective Phoenix Coyotes owner Greg Jamison told The Arizona Republic on Monday that he expects to complete his purchase of the team on Wednesday or Thursday this week" is that what he actually said? Or are they basing that on his saying there will be an announcement this week?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:16 PM
Whileee

Quote:
Unless Jamison announces "We have not yet been able to finalize a sale agreement with the NHL, but we are confident that we could be successful if the City of Glendale would like to continue to work with us on this".

Old
01-28-2013, 02:17 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
R U quitting on me?

Quote:
Agreed

Old
01-28-2013, 02:19 PM
GF

Quote:
If he buys, do you belive the GWI will just fold?

Old
01-28-2013, 02:22 PM
Glacial

Weird comment from Clark. Not only is she ignorant, belligerant, hypocritcal, petty, and mudslinging, but also add creepy to that list.

Read that article. Yeah, he only guaranteed an announcement by the end of the week "one way or the other". Vowing to meet that deadline, expecting to complete the purchase are all the reporter's words. They're going to have egg on their face potentially, though I doubt they'd notice. Some of the quality of local journalism down there (*cough* *cough* Sunnucks) is mediocre at best. The good get out.

So, what do people think happens Feb 1st? Do people think another buyer was lined up (a relocating buyer) and everything is all ready to go (in terms of formal ownership), just waiting for the deadline to formalize it? Or do people think negotiatons have barely just begun with other, non-Arizona interested parties, leaving the rest of the season to rounds of negotiations?

If attendance goes down enough if there is no sale (even if there is no new owner who wanted to relocate the team yet), would the NHL just replace the team's home games later in the season with road games to minimize losses (by adding extra home games for other teams)? MLB did that with the Mariners when a chunk of the Kingdome fell down and negotiations fell apart for an alternate venue. Then, MLB wasn't so pure about maintaining 50:50 home:road split for the season, with the Blue Jays losing & Phillies gaining from that big international summit in Toronto a year or two ago. And I think the Rays lost a home series to some concert.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:26 PM
Nordskull
WAITING FOR NORDS

The announcement will be something like:

"We made enormous efforts to buy the team and agreed with the NHL on the price. I need 4 more months to complete the transaction because this is a complicated matter and therefore ask the city of Glendale to extend the lease agreement."

Don't forget, the league is looking for a way to blame the city if the Yotes move and they almost got that in their hands.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:32 PM
cbcwpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GF View Post
If he buys, do you belive the GWI will just fold?
This is the $320M question. We haven't heard a peep out of the GWI for a very long time, so it would be really hard to say if they will act or not. They have a copy of the lease as is publicly available, so they have more than enough time to get a challenge ready if they so desire to. Either they are waiting to pounce or they have decided to let the CoG dig their own grave.

Old
01-28-2013, 02:35 PM
Mightygoose

Quote:
This is the $320M question. We haven't heard a peep out of the GWI for a very long time, so it would be really hard to say if they will act or not. They have a copy of the lease as is publicly available, so they have more than enough time to get a challenge ready if they so desire to. Really hard to say... either they are waiting to pounce or they have decided to let the CoG dig their own grave.
Perhaps GWI will have an announcement 'one way or the other' by Thursday as well

Old
01-28-2013, 02:42 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
R U quitting on me?

I know the guy gets a lot of flack but truth be told, and props to the local beat writer Giblin for getting the "scoop", if I see a tweet from John Shannon then there'll be a wee bit more validity to the Giblin interpretation IMO.

Closed Thread