HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, expansion and relocation, and NHL revenues.

Phoenix LXIX: Thread of LXIX

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by berklon View Post
Why it comes down this close to the wire, I have no idea... but I'm still sure GJ will get the deal done in time.
That's what I'm suspecting.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
RAgIn

If LeBrun goes on RDS and says that Jamison doesn't have the money, thus concluding his deal with the COG, then you'd be nuts not to believe him. He's as legit as it comes...
Jamison will likely have an announcement this week saying he needs more time to finish the deal. IMO, this circus will go on till the Spring with the NHL and Jamison laying the blame on the COG for not giving them an extension and or changing the parameters of the deal.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:09 PM
BnGBear1970
YUP!

So, my French is wretched (haven't taken a formal class since Grade 4 or so), and I enlisted the help of a friend that went to McGill. He managed to get a man-on-the-street soundbyte on RDS a couple of years ago, so I'm gonna say his ability to translate LeBrun is good enough.

Anyway, what he says was mentioned about the Coyotes was that the deadline won't likely be met, but that the NHL will find some way to work it out, and that there's still little chance for Phoenix to move to Quebec City.

A little bit of cold water for everyone, but I think there's a reasonable view of it.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:10 PM
sipowicz
The Original

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbcwpg View Post
^^^^^

Secret emergency BOG meeting... Hmmmmmm.... Could mean anything.

- they have agreed to sell the team at a huge discount to help Jamison out
- they have agreed to sell at the asking price
- they have agreed to sell to someone in QC because Jamison is walking
- they have found out a major problem in the CBA which means the CBA is invalid and we are playing without one
-etc.

Could mean anything.
Just have to wait for the announcement.

How about they took about a vote on lowering the Coyotes asking price and all the owners (except those from Calgary, Detroit and Edmonton) said hell no!

Old
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
A Jelly Donut!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotesreign View Post
Be funny if James Raynor was Joyce, wouldn't it?
Good God no!

Old
madhi19
Just the tip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildGopher View Post
Nope, Glendale's in the Mountain Time Zone so the dude gets two hours more than that. And he might just need it.
It a lot less than two days when you think about it. Jamison won't get an extension or close this deal in the middle of the night tonight or tomorrow. If the CoG has no meeting planned for the end of the week the "JIG" could be already up.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:14 PM
TheLegend
43rd TankBuster Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Just said it on twitter, Greg jamison does not have the cash!!!! Will ask for extension from city council... Nice!!!
As if Twitter is the authoritative source for NHL dealings.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:18 PM
Undertakerqc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnGBear1970 View Post
So, my French is wretched (haven't taken a formal class since Grade 4 or so), and I enlisted the help of a friend that went to McGill. He managed to get a man-on-the-street soundbyte on RDS a couple of years ago, so I'm gonna say his ability to translate LeBrun is good enough.

Anyway, what he says was mentioned about the Coyotes was that the deadline won't likely be met, but that the NHL will find some way to work it out, and that there's still little chance for Phoenix to move to Quebec City.

A little bit of cold water for everyone, but I think there's a reasonable view of it.
He never said that... he said we wont have a clear resolution of this situation for 1 month...

Old
01-29-2013, 10:23 PM
Wham City

John Shannon just said on Hockeycentral he doesn't believe Jamison will close by Thursday.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
A Jelly Donut!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
As if Twitter is the authoritative source for NHL dealings.
Seemed fairly adequate during the Lockout, no?

Old
01-29-2013, 10:25 PM
Undertakerqc

LOL! John Shannon, the one who said Jamison was on the ''verge'' of buying the Coyotes a few weeks ago, now says Jamieson does not have the cash and wont buy the team by the 31rst. Then says Gary Bettman will try to find a new owner if Jamieson fails. It was on Hockeycentral just a few minutes ago. LOL!

Old
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnGBear1970 View Post

That's not an accurate translation.

What he said was specifically that his sources indicated to him that Jamison wouldn't close on time. He then said that, in his opinion, this will still drag on for a while and the NHL will still give more time to Jamison for him to work out a deal. He then said that he doesn't think a move to Quebec is likely to be announced anytime soon but you never know where this saga could go. He never said there's "little chance for the Yotes to move to Quebec".

Old
01-29-2013, 10:28 PM
TheLegend
43rd TankBuster Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinc360 View Post
He seriously did start it. He tweeted it to a bunch of media people, I saw it happen. One of them tweeted back saying they're not buying it...

I'm not trolling: here you go
This wouldn't be the same JamesRaynor who has trolled everywhere (not just the Yotes) on azcentral.com would it??

Old
01-29-2013, 10:29 PM
powerstuck
User Registered

No wonder Jamison has not closed the deal yet. With all these newspapers and radio interviews (add in a few calls from potential investors ) the guy is so busy he's not even able to do his work.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:30 PM
madhi19
Just the tip!

Quote:
LOL! John Shannon, the one who said Jamison was on the ''verge'' of buying the Coyotes a few weeks ago, now says Jamison does not have the cash and won't buy the team by the 31rst. Then says Gary Bettman will try to find a new owner if Jamison fails. It was on Hockeycentral just a few minutes ago. LOL!
Shannon like McClean on Sportsnet are both dreaming that if they lick Garry a$$ hard enough they could one day go back working for the NHL.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:31 PM
TheLegend
43rd TankBuster Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major4Boarding View Post
Seemed fairly adequate during the Lockout, no?
Nope.... it wasn't much different than people posting here. That ain't sayin' a whole lot.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Vinc360

It's Lebrun... he's one of the most credible people in the business. What more do you want?

Old
01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
A Jelly Donut!?!

Quote:
LOL! John Shannon, the one who said Jamison was on the ''verge'' of buying the Coyotes a few weeks ago, now says Jamieson does not have the cash and wont buy the team by the 31rst. Then says Gary Bettman will try to find a new owner if Jamieson fails. It was on Hockeycentral just a few minutes ago. LOL!
Quote:
I know the guy gets a lot of flack but truth be told, and props to the local beat writer Giblin for getting the "scoop", if I see a tweet from John Shannon then there'll be a wee bit more validity to the Giblin interpretation IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
Zing!

Old
01-29-2013, 10:40 PM
halligan10

I just listened at Lebrun's interview he doesnt know how this is going to end...he never stated that he got the info from a source. He said "Selon mes information" this mean "From what I know"... I know you guys say that Lebrun is reliable but I really dont think that he know how this is going to end. He sounded shaky on the subject.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:40 PM
Evil Doctor
Damn you Taylor Reed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wham City View Post
John Shannon just said on Hockeycentral he doesn't believe Jamison will close by Thursday.
Well there is the definitive proof that Jamison will close...

(still doing my countdown though....)

Old
01-29-2013, 10:42 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Quote:
Originally Posted by halligan10 View Post
I just listened at Lebrun's interview he doesnt know how this is going to end...he never stated that he got the info from a source. He said "Selon mes information" this mean "From what I know"... I know you guys say that Lebrun is reliable but I really dont think that he know how this is going to end. He sounded shaky on the subject.
"Selon mes informations" would translate to "according to my informations/sources" (sources would be used in English here, I think) which means that Lebrun is saying that based on the information he has on the situation he would be very surprised if Jamison met the deadline. But yeah, it is his own speculation based on the things he knows, nothing more.

Old
01-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Evil Doctor
Damn you Taylor Reed

Quote:
Zing!
Ladies and Gentlemen! HFBoards greatest brick joke ever!

Old
01-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Major4Boarding
Global Moderator
A Jelly Donut!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doctor View Post
Well there is the definitive proof that Jamison will close...

(still doing my countdown though....)
Good point Evil D. Reverse mojo thing, huh?

"On the Verge" gets us to T minus 48 hrs and "doesn't believe Jamison will close by Thursday", well....

Old
01-29-2013, 10:47 PM
Vinc360

Quote:
Originally Posted by halligan10 View Post

It doesn't mean "from what I know", it means "According to the information I received", which is just the french way of saying "according to my sources".

Old
01-29-2013, 10:49 PM
DyerMaker66

Quote:
I can't really believe that. I used to trust that guy when it came to hockey news, now I know he just spews any crap the NHL tells him.

Closed Thread