HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
02-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Smif

vCash: 500
Kessel has basically played twice as many games as Kadri. Get the kid more time!!

Old
02-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Jeebs

They aren't going to give Kadri time as a first line center until he can actually win a face off.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
birddog*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobarth View Post
Kadri is TO's top scorer so far in this young season and has done it with very little TOI and this is just wrong, Kessel should be our top scorer. The much talked about chemistry between Bozak and Kessel has not payed off for Kessel so far and this protracted season is a tickin'. I think it's a no brainer that Kessel and Kadri should play together to see if they can develop some chemistry. I've never understood why a team would break up a successful line for a PP and since Kadri and Kessel have been playing together sometimes on the #1 PP unit, why not play them together to develop chemistry on a line. Any chemistry they may develop would probably assist them on what's turning out to be a very anemic PP. I think that Kadri has enough ego to play properly with Phil, Bozak when he gets the puck normally looks for Kessel before he does anything, Kadri would look for the best play not only relying on Kessel which would add an unpredictability to Kessel's line that's not there now.

The lines I would like to see tonite :

1)Kessel/Kadri/Komarov-I think Komarov is much more comfortable/effective being physical than JVR

2)Kule/Grabbo/Mac-Mac is a game-time decision, they've done it before time to do it again

3)JVR/Bozak/McClement-I liked the way McClement played in the Boston game

4)Who cares
In my ideal world it would be Ashton/Colborne/Biggs-size, attitude and a smattering of skill, in time could be #3

.500 will not get TO in the playoffs so we need to be better, what a treat that would be, or considerably worse to take advantage of the upcoming draft.
Bozak shouldn't be on the PP. Kadri should.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:49 PM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
where's frattin on ur team? and Kadri has done well against 2nd and third pairing Dmen that he plays against but how will he do against the other teams top unit is a different story. I would much rather have 3 scoring lines then condense our team into 2 lines that can score like so many on here seem to want to do.

Old
02-04-2013, 03:53 PM
HockeyGuruPitka

Wont happen anytime soon. Kadri is getting sheltered minutes and not facing the opposing teams top lines and top pairings. His defensively play will need to get better in order for the coach to trust him to defend the best guys in the league.

Not saying that he wont, however its gotta happen gradually. Don't think you can throw him to the wolves just yet.

Old
02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

dont put kadri in a spot where he cant succeed, its tough to get confidence when your a rookie and putting him in situations where he can win and get points are what he needs, just like gardiner last year put in good situations. Putting this much pressure on kadri i dont think is right, JVR and kessel will mix just give them time.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:52 PM
hobarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
where's frattin on ur team? and Kadri has done well against 2nd and third pairing Dmen that he plays against but how will he do against the other teams top unit is a different story. I would much rather have 3 scoring lines then condense our team into 2 lines that can score like so many on here seem to want to do.
2 years ago Frattin played the last game of the year against Montreal, he was TO's best player by a mile best player I'd seen on TO that year, man was I excited to see him the next year. Next year came Frattin didn't, don't know why but I do know I don't want a player that can show me so much in 1 game but show me nothing the next year in 58 games. Frattin should have been extremely motivated to impress but for some reason he didn't or couldn't, this is not the type of player I want TO to build with.

There are others on TO that I feel the same way about such as Mac and Kule, we know what the can do it just seems they don't want to do it anymore. 2 years ago they were winning puck battles and taking the puck to the net, now we rarely see either in front of the opposition's net, they seem to be in self preservation mode rather than compete mode. JVR looks to me like a big teddy bear, much happier to skate around and hope that he hits the right spot at the right time rather than compete, RC prodded him to get in front of the net but it's easy to see he only does so reluctantly.

We saw playing against the NYR what a stacked 1st line can do so I would think a quality 1st line is better than 3 crappy lines.

I can't see how TO can succeed with out Kessel producing, being .500 is not succeeding, so we need to give Kessel someone who can help him, Kadri might not be the answer but at this time last year he had 9 goals and Lupul to play with this year he has 0 goals and IMHO no-one to play with. TO needs to find at least 1 line that can put the opposition on their heels rather than 3 lines that play some defense and run and gun when they have an opportunity.

Old
02-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Crown the King Kadri.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:05 PM
hobarth

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
dont put kadri in a spot where he cant succeed, its tough to get confidence when your a rookie and putting him in situations where he can win and get points are what he needs, just like gardiner last year put in good situations. Putting this much pressure on kadri i dont think is right, JVR and kessel will mix just give them time.
Some people wilt under pressure others thrive, we'll never know unless they try him.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobarth View Post
Some people wilt under pressure others thrive, we'll never know unless they try him.
lets say it was kadri not having a goal instead of kessel being the focal point of the leafs offence the media would be all over him. this notion of striving under pressure is okay for smaller markets but being reminded of struggling over and over again for a rookie can grow on u and hurt your confidence. As we see when your playing well in this city they love u and if u aren't they hate u.... and it can all happen in 1 night, so might as well let him build confidence.

Old
02-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Leafs03

LOL wheres all those leafs fans who wanted to trade him for Lou???? they must feel like idiots haha.. Kadri is so solid! hes our best player

Old
02-04-2013, 07:01 PM
cup67
HAIL TO OUR LEADER

kadri

should he change his # 43 to #93
i think gilmour would approve.
he is starting to look like gilmour out there

Old
02-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1332655

Got a kadri thread already......

Old
Leafs03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
lol no..... and theres a kadri threat already...

Old
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
Already got my jersey so he can't change now

Old
JMcLeaf
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

You love Kadri. We get it.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:52 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Wow, did you see those moves by Kadri in the last 5 seconds of the game? He just flew threw everyone.

Old
02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Lebanese Leaf

He's been nothing short of spectacular so far this year. Him and Frattin seemed like the only forward who gave a **** tonight. At this point, I wouldn't mind a complete tank job as long as Kadri and Frattin grow and develop.

And for God's sake get this guy on the #1 pp!

Old
02-04-2013, 09:02 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
He's been nothing short of spectacular so far this year. Him and Frattin seemed like the only forward who gave a **** tonight. At this point, I wouldn't mind a complete tank job as long as Kadri and Frattin grow and develop.

And for God's sake get this guy on the #1 pp!
Kadri and Frattin were the only plus players tonight. Everyone else was a minus or 0. The only thing holding Kadri back is his faceoffs but god he should be on the #1 PP instead of Bozak.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:28 PM
Auzzie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TmlHockeyFan View Post
Wow, did you see those moves by Kadri in the last 5 seconds of the game? He just flew threw everyone.
It was nasty, but time kind of ran out before he shot the puck would of been highlight of the night if it went in.

Old
02-04-2013, 09:32 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auzzie19 View Post
It was nasty, but time kind of ran out before he shot the puck would of been highlight of the night if it went in.
through*** lol wow, didn't know my grammar was that bad.

And yeah, it would be pretty cool but we'd still lose

Old
02-04-2013, 09:35 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Stay on topic guys.

This is the Kadri thread.

Talking about other posters, or ignoring or banning, or whatever that is not related to Kadri will get you banned from the thread.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
02-05-2013, 12:37 AM
Leaf4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by cup67 View Post
I have to disagree. Kadri is no where near Gilmour. The only way they look alike is they both have a number 3 on their jersey.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:39 AM
Aplayaz2000

Kadri Rocks

but he needs more work

Old
02-05-2013, 12:47 AM
Schennanigans
HFBoards Sponsor

Kadri looks much better, really needs to work on some things. But of course that will come.

Closed Thread