HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2013, 01:35 AM
LaTenderness

vCash: 500
The more responsibility kadri receives the more he will struggle.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:39 AM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
You do realize he's leading the team in scoring, right? Contrary to popular belief, he's actually decent defensively.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Defense

I want to see Kadri on the PP. He's got the best hands on the team hands down.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:45 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

Kadri is going to be very good, but ask yourself, what is his top end potential? A slightly grittier Ribeiro? I dunno. I like him but if the right deal came along for a true top 2 way centre who does it all like a Toews I wouldn't hesitate to trade him.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:13 AM
gabeliscious

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
Kadri is going to be very good, but ask yourself, what is his top end potential? A slightly grittier Ribeiro? I dunno. I like him but if the right deal came along for a true top 2 way centre who does it all like a Toews I wouldn't hesitate to trade him.
lol, obviously nonis would move kadri in a deal for toews. we have to play the cards were dealt and right now thats kadri. if we can upgrade at some point then we will (i hope)

a grittier, less douchy ribeiro pre prime is pretty good if you ask me. ribs was still a 75 point center in the day. if kadri ever got 75 points we would all be thrilled.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:23 AM
guitarist37

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
I like him but if the right deal came along for a true top 2 way centre who does it all like a Toews I wouldn't hesitate to trade him.
You're right, but it won't.

Teams don't trade a guy like toews. We've been waiting on a #1 center for years. Draft him.

I like Kadri. Great player. Trade everyone but him, Frattin, Phaneuf, VanReimsdyk and Reimer.

I want to be the oilers.

Sorry for derailing this into a tank thread. I just dont think we can get a #1c without drafting him. Kadri is great though love his play.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:32 AM
daveleaf

Only in Leaf land to people dump on a young player that is giving you almost a point per game and the most dangerous Leaf on the ice. Kadri will be a fantastic #2 centre one day and a guy that can slide in a #1 role when there are injuries.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Lebanese Leaf

To the "Kadri is still bad defensively" camp...

Did you guys see him dive head first to block that shot last night on the play where he got hurt? That was a goal if not for his play. Name me another player on this roster who would have had the balls to do that...

This is a guy you want when you're in the playoffs, plays with his heart on his sleeve. There is a reason his career playoff stats are phenomenal at every level he's played at.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM
daveleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post

Did you guys see him dive head first to block that shot last night on the play where he got hurt? That was a goal if not for his play. Name me another player on this roster who would have had the balls to do that...

This is a guy you want when you're in the playoffs, plays with his heart on his sleeve. There is a reason his career playoff stats are phenomenal at every level he's played at.
They don't see that. They don't see he is putting a body between the man and the net. They don't see the stick work on the boards. If he ever plays on another team they will marvel at him.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:48 AM
redbull
BeLIeve in miracles!

As a Kadri detractor, I'm eating a bit of crow. His offensive game at the NHL is far better than it was last year, and far better than I expected based on his AHL play. He's got great instincts for offense.

I still think he floats too much. Maybe it's his skating style or maybe it's the way he "hovers" around open ice when he doesn't have the puck, but it's something that really bothers me and I can see why it would bother his coaches. It's VERY Robbie Schremp-ish. He's FINALLY showing the offense to compensate for his play without the puck and hopefully he can keep it going.

On this team, he's gotta be the #1 C, not because he's "A #1 C" but because he's by far the best centre on the team, offensively anyway.

I never liked Grabo's game and he did have a nice year two seasons ago, but he lacks vision and hockey sense, he will never be able to play with top players and elevate THEIR play. Kadri can.

Kadri needs to play with Kessel for BOTH their sake. They just need a big defensive winger with them or they will get KILLED without the puck. Maybe Kulemin. Even Komarov might work because he's tenacious.

Gotta try it.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:52 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Leafs should try Frattin Kadri Kessel for a game.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:55 AM
ForSpareParts*
agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Leafs should try Frattin Kadri Kessel for a game.
This but no Kessel. He's had his chance.

JvR Kadri Frattin
Dion Gardiner (when he returns)

Old
02-05-2013, 10:57 AM
LeftTackle51

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClements New A View Post

JvR Kadri Frattin
Exactly what I was thinking. Frattin Kadri JVR. I think it would be deadly mixing JVR's size with Kadri's skill and Frattin's speed.

Old
02-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Darylman

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
As a Kadri detractor, I'm eating a bit of crow. His offensive game at the NHL is far better than it was last year, and far better than I expected based on his AHL play. He's got great instincts for offense.

I still think he floats too much. Maybe it's his skating style or maybe it's the way he "hovers" around open ice when he doesn't have the puck, but it's something that really bothers me and I can see why it would bother his coaches. It's VERY Robbie Schremp-ish. He's FINALLY showing the offense to compensate for his play without the puck and hopefully he can keep it going.

On this team, he's gotta be the #1 C, not because he's "A #1 C" but because he's by far the best centre on the team, offensively anyway.

I never liked Grabo's game and he did have a nice year two seasons ago, but he lacks vision and hockey sense, he will never be able to play with top players and elevate THEIR play. Kadri can.

Kadri needs to play with Kessel for BOTH their sake. They just need a big defensive winger with them or they will get KILLED without the puck. Maybe Kulemin. Even Komarov might work because he's tenacious.

Gotta try it.
A million times this. Especially on the PP. The fact Kadri and Liles/Franson aren't on the first unit PP is absolutely frightening from a coach talent evaluation perspective.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:09 AM
HarrisonFord
He's baaaaaack

Kid continues to impress

Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:

Check my avatar....but ya, i agree with your post.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Keeping it Blue

Quote:

Not to detract from your point completely, but I've seen this from Kostka as well. To me, him and Kadri seem to fit that mould. People that play with that kind of intensity and compete level will motivate the rest of the team.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:21 AM
johnny_rudeboy

And to those who say Kadri have been mistreated and that he did not light up the AHL like he could have. Well, they actually told him to work on his defensive game down there. They already knew that his vision and his hands was of NHL caliber they just wanted him to get a more well rounded game, and he have showed that he listened and did what he could. He is not a 2-way forward by any means but at least he is working hard in both directions and I think we are only beginning to see the level of talent he have.

And I really like his competitive style and warrior like (for a skilled guy) approach to almost every shift he takes.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:29 AM
Alflives

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
And to those who say Kadri have been mistreated and that he did not light up the AHL like he could have. Well, they actually told him to work on his defensive game down there. They already knew that his vision and his hands was of NHL caliber they just wanted him to get a more well rounded game, and he have showed that he listened and did what he could. He is not a 2-way forward by any means but at least he is working hard in both directions and I think we are only beginning to see the level of talent he have.

And I really like his competitive style and warrior like (for a skilled guy) approach to almost every shift he takes.
Yes, providing he is not given too much responsibility. Too much too soon would hurt his development. Hopefully, the Leafs don't do that, like they have done too many times with other players.

Old
02-05-2013, 11:34 AM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Frattin-Kadri-Kessel, just do it for the whole game, and if Kessel still sucks after 2, throw JVR on there.

The kids make **** happen dawggie

Old
02-05-2013, 11:34 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
I've been a large detractor of Kadri prior to this season, but he's been very good and giving good defensive effort. See: Kadri backchecking the Cane forward after Holzer stupidly pinched Phaneuf -style

Old
02-05-2013, 11:35 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Kadri has been phenomenal so far. With that said its too early to start giving him more responsibility. He is playing sheltered minutes and producing. However, his defensive game has really improved and for the first time since hes been drafted i think he has the potential to be a #1C (always had faith in him but hes taking it to the next level). If he works on his face-offs this offseason and bulks up more he can start in the #1 spot as early as next season.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:14 PM
johnny_rudeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alflives View Post
Yes, providing he is not given too much responsibility. Too much too soon would hurt his development. Hopefully, the Leafs don't do that, like they have done too many times with other players.
Exactly. He should concentrate on what got him drafted in the first place but at the same time remember that he is playing another team who is also looking to score. So far Carlyle seem to have given him good shifts that he can handle. I see no point in moving him up. Could perhaps see some more PP but thats about it. Next season he is hopefully ready for some more.

Old
02-05-2013, 12:24 PM
topched

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_rudeboy View Post
Exactly. He should concentrate on what got him drafted in the first place but at the same time remember that he is playing another team who is also looking to score. So far Carlyle seem to have given him good shifts that he can handle. I see no point in moving him up. Could perhaps see some more PP but thats about it. Next season he is hopefully ready for some more.
Yeah... its a little bit of Luke Schenn syndrome.

In his first season he played sheltered mins, and fared really well. All of a sudden in his sophmore season he was the second coming of Scott Stevens, and he was thrown out on the top pairing with Kaberle, logging pk mins too. Blew his confidence to the point that he watched games from the pressbox.

Take slow steps with Kadri, I'm sure Carlyle has set goals for him and things he wants to see, slowly increase the responsibility. I'd hate to see everyone pencilling him in as the #1 guy next season playing beside Kessel and logging 25 mins a night against top dpairings.

Old
02-05-2013, 01:00 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by McClements New A View Post

JvR Kadri Frattin
What? Kessel has scored 30+ goals the last 4-5 years and finished 6th in points with 82 last year, but you're saying he's **** and doesn't deserve a shot with certain line mates? Give your head a shake.

Closed Thread