HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2013, 01:13 PM
DaveT83*

vCash: 500
Kadri cannot be a 1C with Kessel as his linemate - together and with Grabo holding down the 2C spot they are too small.

Sucks but true

Old
02-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
I don't care if Kadri was lighter than he was right now. He can flat out throw his weight around and has had some huge hits.

Only thing Kadri needs really needs to work on: Faceoffs. That's it.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:16 PM
SprDaVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
I don't care if Kadri was lighter than he was right now. He can flat out throw his weight around and has had some huge hits.

I'd say his skating probably needs to keep getting better. It's not bad, but it's not great.

if he can find another gear, or at least improve it slightly, it'll help him a lot.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:17 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:

Man strength will come with age. He's stronger on his skates now than he was last year though, thats why he's sticking around.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:19 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
Man strength will come with age. He's stronger on his skates now than he was last year though, thats why he's sticking around.
He's bigger than Tucker was.

Desjardins estimates that about 40% of the game is captured by Corsi analysis.

Babs - short for Barbara
Old
02-12-2013, 01:33 PM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I wonder how many assists he has on Frattin goals?
Kadri has 5 assists on Frattin's 7 goals. 4 of those assists are primary ones. Of Kadri's 8 assists, 7 are primary 4 primaries with Frattin as well as the primary on both of MacArthur's goals and McClemant's only goal. All 8 assists are from even strength.

I will be keeping track of the primary/secondary assists from now on, can't find an easy place to look it up quickly.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:40 PM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:

It's really, really frustrating that we had this kid playing on the wing the last two years in the minors.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:43 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeke View Post
It's really, really frustrating that we had this kid playing on the wing the last two years in the minors.
That was questioned from the beginning here.

But Burke knew better than we did. Yes, Burke could have managed his subordinates and told them what he, as their boss, wanted.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Rinzler

Kadri's faceoff % is 46 which isn't terrible. Overall it's not that big of an issue. We have Bozak for the defensive zone stuff when the game is close. Doubt Kadri will ever be as good as Bozak when it comes to faceoffs and we probably shouldn't expect him to be.

If he can pull off 50% reliably, I'm good with that from a top 6 perspective.

Old
02-12-2013, 01:47 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
Kadri's faceoff % is 46 which isn't terrible. Overall it's not that big of an issue. We have Bozak for the defensive zone stuff when the game is close. Doubt Kadri will ever be as good as Bozak when it comes to faceoffs and we probably shouldn't expect him to be.

If he can pull off 50% reliably, I'm good with that from a top 6 perspective.
I suppose if 47% from Malkin is okay ...

Old
02-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Irish Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPower View Post
He is playing great but he still needs to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle in the offseason to take that next step.
Why? He's a naturally thin guy just because your light in weight doesn't mean your soft or no good. I refer you to a man called Brian O'Driscoll.

Old
02-12-2013, 05:52 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

remember 2 years ago, he put on weight, he was slow, like I mean slow
this time he just improved his strength, and is faster, and will continue to be as he goes on in his career

he is not small by any means,

leafs nation will never ever be happy with kadri

Old
02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Faceoffs will come with experience and will take time. He said that's an area he's focusing on the most and has been taking a lot of advice from bozak (got it from an interview,can't remember which)

This is his first year at centre in the NHL, of course he will e rusty at faceoffs.

But man, I said it from the beginning, frattin-kadri are going to put on a magic show and they have. Only concern is that one of the factors may be that they were in mid-season form before others. If they consistently produce like this, there will be no excuse as to why they're playing so well. Chemistry on and off the ice and you got to give them credit for their individual talents. Such beauties to watch!

Old
02-12-2013, 06:12 PM
Griffski

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordieHoweHatTrick View Post
That or because he is the best offensive player on the leafs right now while being pretty solid defensively?

What else do you people want out of this kid...

Old
02-12-2013, 06:24 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

18th amongst centres in points, right between Toews, Couture, J Staal, Plekanec, Duchene, Krejci. Only one averaging less than 15 minutes per game..Hopefully he keeps it up

Old
02-12-2013, 06:32 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffski View Post
That or because he is the best offensive player on the leafs right now while being pretty solid defensively?

What else do you people want out of this kid...
How did you interpret what I said negatively?

Kadri was way too light 2 seasons, he was asked to add mass and he did that but it negatively affected his skating. He slowed down and was subsequently asked to lean down. He did that too and his game really took off last season under Eakins, but he still was still not ready to play at the NHL level. He was bullied in the corners even at the AHL level last season. This season he's matured into an NHL player. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't agree with the assumption that because his play has taken off this season he should have been playing last season. He wasn't ready, especially for an 82 game schedule. A 48 game schedule really lets Kadri hone his skills at the NHL level without wearing down too much as the season progresses. It may even cushion any potential sophomore slump (we know its not uncommon for young player to get them) he may have

Old
02-13-2013, 02:00 AM
FLASH905

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprDaVE View Post
No, he doesn't.

Putting 15-20 pounds would make him slower than Jason Allison. Do you know what15 pounds would do? It wouldn't make him stronger at all.

Wake up, he'll never be a huge guy. He never has, and never will be.

As he matures, he'll probably settle at around a little heavier than he is now. But putting on weight for the sake of putting on weight won't help Kadri at all. Stronger does not mean you have to be 20+ pounds heavier.
Functional training. That's why he trained with Roberts this summer. Gaining upper body size does absolutely nothing for him going forward. Explosiveness, strength, FUNCTIONALITY

Old
02-13-2013, 08:28 AM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH905 View Post
Functional training. That's why he trained with Roberts this summer. Gaining upper body size does absolutely nothing for him going forward. Explosiveness, strength, FUNCTIONALITY
How big is Giroux? Yet did you see him shield off two defenders with his body when he set up Matt Read with that open net?

Giroux trains like a freak though. His core strength is incredible.

Kadri's offensive skill is elite already. He just needs his strength and quickness to continue to increase for him to be a legitimate top player in the league.

Old
02-13-2013, 08:56 AM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPower View Post
He is playing great but he still needs to put on 15-20 pounds of muscle in the offseason to take that next step.
People really need to learn more about fitness before posting about it.

Old
02-13-2013, 09:01 AM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Faceoffs will come with experience and will take time. He said that's an area he's focusing on the most and has been taking a lot of advice from bozak (got it from an interview,can't remember which)

This is his first year at centre in the NHL, of course he will e rusty at faceoffs.

But man, I said it from the beginning, frattin-kadri are going to put on a magic show and they have. Only concern is that one of the factors may be that they were in mid-season form before others. If they consistently produce like this, there will be no excuse as to why they're playing so well. Chemistry on and off the ice and you got to give them credit for their individual talents. Such beauties to watch!
There has been more than enough time already for NHL'ers to get back into gear and Kadri and Frattin still haven't missed a beat.

Old
02-13-2013, 12:35 PM
caramelontop

All major/successful teams have players that are their identity. We need a team which is stable and no body talks about trades about them all the time. Kessel/Kadri are players that should stay with us for their entire carrier. That's my point of view.
I am no expert of hockey but I don't care if he is 1st line center or 3rd line. He will produce wherever you settle him. I actually like him on 3rd line with 3rd line minutes. We need an explosive 3rd line just like a productive 1st line. Kadri makes the team complete because he's on 3rd line Center position and does AMAZING job with Frattin. Could be because he's against other 3rd liners who aren't upto his caliber. Whatever the case, I want him a leaf for life. Kids like him are future/idetity of our team and we desperately need a stable roster who is not worried about trades all the time so they perform not to get trade value but to help their team.
And as one other poster here said that "I wait for this line to come on ice". I actually am the same. I look for #43 on ice and I always notice his flaws/talent more than any other leaf this season.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:53 AM
leafspring*

Funny thing happened this morning. I went looking for this thread to post that i was thinking Kadri is most likely to be getting a raise in minutes played soon by Carlyle,and this thread is on the 3rd page.

That speaks volumes.

He is just over 14 minutes average a game to this point. I'm thinkin 3 or 4 more minutes a game at this point could be coming/should be coming. Its time put Kulemin with him on the right side,and Grabo on the left side.

He needs more minutes,and that kulie/grabo could use his passing skill to get them goin a bit more.This also insulates Naz so he can cheat more on face-offs with Grabo there to come in.

Grabo can play wing very successfully i'm sure until Frattin is back.

Old
02-16-2013, 09:58 AM
Happy Fan
one big happy family

Quote:
Originally Posted by caramelontop View Post
All major/successful teams have players that are their identity. We need a team which is stable and no body talks about trades about them all the time. Kessel/Kadri are players that should stay with us for their entire carrier. That's my point of view.
I am no expert of hockey but I don't care if he is 1st line center or 3rd line. He will produce wherever you settle him. I actually like him on 3rd line with 3rd line minutes. We need an explosive 3rd line just like a productive 1st line. Kadri makes the team complete because he's on 3rd line Center position and does AMAZING job with Frattin. Could be because he's against other 3rd liners who aren't upto his caliber. Whatever the case, I want him a leaf for life. Kids like him are future/idetity of our team and we desperately need a stable roster who is not worried about trades all the time so they perform not to get trade value but to help their team.
And as one other poster here said that "I wait for this line to come on ice". I actually am the same. I look for #43 on ice and I always notice his flaws/talent more than any other leaf this season.
Hf needs a like button for posts like these.

Old
02-16-2013, 11:58 PM
oscarknows

How is kadri going to develop playing with Orr on his line ,it's bad enough mckarthur is sucking let's give him another skilled guy like orr to help him

Old
02-17-2013, 12:00 AM
oscarknows

If kadri had the minutes bozak gets with kessal and jvr he would have doubled his point total easy

Closed Thread