HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
02-19-2013, 11:30 PM
zeke
#freewilly

vCash: 500
MOAR KADRI

this kid kicks ass

Old
02-19-2013, 11:31 PM
Alexanderthe89

Kadri still has the puck in that last one. Clearly the better player.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:34 PM
FlareKnight

The revival of Kadri !

But yeah, should be fun to see how things go this year. If he can just get his faceoff skills improved then he'll really be more effective.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:41 PM
TMLife*
Auston Matthews

Definitely deserved a point tonight. Need frattin back ASAP!

Old
02-19-2013, 11:45 PM
Stephen

Great seeing him take things into his own hands and fight Victor Hedman.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:54 PM
Dirty Dan
Saturday Night Lupul

Hopefully we manage our cap space so we don't have to trade him for a malkin or stamkos

Old
02-19-2013, 11:59 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Now I'm not saying Kadri looks like Gilmour in every pic because of Aliens but...

Old
02-20-2013, 12:05 AM
Willchel Marlynder
(philer bozel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Dan View Post
Hopefully we manage our cap space so we don't have to trade him for a malkin or stamkos
If this happens I'd take a break from being a leafs fan.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:06 AM
Center Ice Scrum*

Rumor has it that Gilmour had to wear #93 because Leafs wouldn't let him wear #43 since it was retired in honor of the great "nifty mittens" aka Nazem Kadri.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:07 AM
LeafOfBread

I ****ing love this kid. It's only a matter of time before he steals Grabo's spot.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:10 AM
snizzbone*
ignore listed

I'm not liking his play the past few games. He's taking way too many risks in the neutral zone / oppositions blue line. Reminds me of when he kept getting called up and sent down in past years. Hopefully he fixes that.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafOfBread View Post
I ****ing love this kid. It's only a matter of time before he steals Grabo's spot.
Depending on who you talk too, he already has.

Kadri is this team's second offensive line center.

Grabovski is the team's checking line center, something that a lot of people have a hard time gasping.

Go look at the powerplay time that Kadri gets compared to Grabovski.

Kadri is 8th on the team with powerplay time, 4th amongst forwards.

Grabovski is 12th, 8th amongst forwards.

You don't give your "second" line center 12th most ice time on the powerplay.

Grabo is on a checking line role on this team now, and he's doing a decent enough job at it. Those that watch the game, only watch that he hadn't scored in 12 and then begin to berate him.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:18 AM
zeke
#freewilly

kadri got more ice tonight than grabo.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
Depending on who you talk too, he already has.

Kadri is this team's second offensive line center.

Grabovski is the team's checking line center, something that a lot of people have a hard time gasping.

Go look at the powerplay time that Kadri gets compared to Grabovski.

Kadri is 8th on the team with powerplay time, 4th amongst forwards.

Grabovski is 12th, 8th amongst forwards.

You don't give your "second" line center 12th most ice time on the powerplay.

Grabo is on a checking line role on this team now, and he's doing a decent enough job at it. Those that watch the game, only watch that he hadn't scored in 12 and then begin to berate him.
A whole lot of truth here. Grabo has been a key player most nights and hopefully with his goal tonight him and Kulemin will regain offensive form and bury some more goals. We need these guys as much as we need Kadri. Great post man

Old
02-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Willchel Marlynder
(philer bozel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
I'm not liking his play the past few games. He's taking way too many risks in the neutral zone / oppositions blue line. Reminds me of when he kept getting called up and sent down in past years. Hopefully he fixes that.
As long as he knows for sure he's got coverage behind him i'm fine. It'll payoff when he does a sweet move past a defender to set up a goal.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:30 AM
Tak7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
A whole lot of truth here. Grabo has been a key player most nights and hopefully with his goal tonight him and Kulemin will regain offensive form and bury some more goals. We need these guys as much as we need Kadri. Great post man
The new Carlyle "approach" was always going to hurt some players.

I think Grabovski is one of them, considering he's no longer used in those offensive situations.

But you have to give Grabovski credit - Carlyle has consistently talked about needing his players to "buy in" to the system that he's trying to preach and what he's trying to do, and I think Grabo has done that. I keep thinking back to the loss in New York against the Rangers, where Grabo was going head to head with the Richards line all night long and was getting pounded, but kept going. He's relentless.

5 on 5 offense from that line is going to be massive if we are going to get into the playoffs. You need to have secondary scoring. But you can't ignore that he's done a good job in his role. Whether having a guy making $5+ million in a checking role is good cap management is another discussion. But Carlyle is using what he has, and he's done a good job with it so far.

And the reason why Grabovski is where he is in the pecking order, is simply because Kadri has been producing. Top point producer on this team right now, creates a solid chance or two every single night, and is our best playmaker. How do you NOT play someone like that in that position in the lineup?
Thanks for the compliments.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:40 AM
jughead42*

I want to see Kadri lead us to the promised land before declaring him another Gilmour. I think it's pretty funny that he picks on a gentle swedish giant to try and spark the team, and he makes sure another leaf has one arm before he gets too brave. I don't say that in a critical way, I like that he's showing off his ************* skills that way to try and light a spark. The kid is looking good this year, but it's totally unfair to be comparing him to Gilmour. That guy didn't just lead his team in scoring, he almost led the league a few times in scoring and he dragged his team deep into the playoffs. There's still work to be done for Kadri to deserve that kind of respect. I can see why you'd make the comparison though, Kadri does have some of the same qualities as our former captain. I could totally see him banging a babysitter one day.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:42 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak7 View Post
The new Carlyle "approach" was always going to hurt some players.

I think Grabovski is one of them, considering he's no longer used in those offensive situations.

But you have to give Grabovski credit - Carlyle has consistently talked about needing his players to "buy in" to the system that he's trying to preach and what he's trying to do, and I think Grabo has done that. I keep thinking back to the loss in New York against the Rangers, where Grabo was going head to head with the Richards line all night long and was getting pounded, but kept going. He's relentless.

5 on 5 offense from that line is going to be massive if we are going to get into the playoffs. You need to have secondary scoring. But you can't ignore that he's done a good job in his role. Whether having a guy making $5+ million in a checking role is good cap management is another discussion. But Carlyle is using what he has, and he's done a good job with it so far.

And the reason why Grabovski is where he is in the pecking order, is simply because Kadri has been producing. Top point producer on this team right now, creates a solid chance or two every single night, and is our best playmaker. How do you NOT play someone like that in that position in the lineup?
Thanks for the compliments.
Not a problem man, got to respect a post with a complete evaluation. Once Grabo is fully adapted to the system he will get his numbers where they should be. People often forget that Kadri is facing lower tiered defense, which makes it easier for him to pot a few points. All and all I believe in Grabo and am glad for all of our centers because they are all playing with heart and effort. Side note: Jesus for a loaded guy my spelling is AWESOME.

Old
02-20-2013, 12:44 AM
Falon

I won't compare him to Gilmour except to say that he plays with the same fire and seems fearless. But he has a helluva lot to prove before I make a broader comparison.

Edit: although taking on Hedman the way he did, looked like a "killer" moment to me. Fearless, uncompromising and in his face.

Last edited by Falon: 02-20-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old
02-20-2013, 12:47 AM
bleed_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
I want to see Kadri lead us to the promised land before declaring him another Gilmour. I think it's pretty funny that he picks on a gentle swedish giant to try and spark the team, and he makes sure another leaf has one arm before he gets too brave. I don't say that in a critical way, I like that he's showing off his ************* skills that way to try and light a spark. The kid is looking good this year, but it's totally unfair to be comparing him to Gilmour. That guy didn't just lead his team in scoring, he almost led the league a few times in scoring and he dragged his team deep into the playoffs. There's still work to be done for Kadri to deserve that kind of respect. I can see why you'd make the comparison though, Kadri does have some of the same qualities as our former captain. I could totally see him banging a babysitter one day.
Kadri's 2 sweet points including yesterday must have made for a painful day for you.
Can you please elaborate? Are you hoping he has 3-4 pointless games so you can come on here and insist that you were right all along and he is a bust???

Old
02-20-2013, 12:48 AM
Number13

Quote:
I want to see Kadri lead us to the promised land before declaring him another Gilmour.
Funny, I'd only make the comparison if he doesn't lead us to the promised land.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
Macoun4life

love kadri and loved is left hook tonight, but don't compare him to the man, at least not yet

Old
02-20-2013, 01:23 AM
pooleboy

Quote:
if hf got rid of posters like u it would be a better place......

and i find it laughable that u say hedman is a gentle giant who is 6'6 220+.

i cant believe i just read that post.... wow... thats all i can say

Old
02-20-2013, 01:25 AM
caramelontop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
Nifty Mittens drops the gloves:

LOL. OK Kadri, It's not your forte to take on giants. He was on floor with one push. haha. But good on him. He shouldn't be a push over and I think more is to come since teams will now notice him more and try to evoke him. Let's see how he handles it. I am sure its first of many.

Old
02-20-2013, 02:09 AM
ConnorTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
if hf got rid of posters like u it would be a better place......
this.

Closed Thread