HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

The One Kadri Discussion Thread.

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2013, 07:10 PM
kesleaf

vCash: 500
Will he finish his NHL career as a Leaf?

I really hope he stays home. I want to see him and Rielly play together for the Toronto Maple Leafs for the next decade!!

Old
03-03-2013, 07:41 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
THIS. I wasn't on the boards either but I was always and still am a huge kadri supporter. Especially in his first call up, what sold me the most was his heart. He kept getting knocked down and fell a lot but he kept getting back up and didn't stop his drive. Loved him since then!

And yeah, I've been watching his hat trick several times everyday

I can't get sick of it, just gets me hyped up all over again And in the process I watch his two assists in philly, amd that leads to me watching his goal against the sabres last season (freakin loved it). Before I know it I'm watching his videos for an hour Can't get sick of him.
Always loved this kid, has a ton of skill and heart. I knew he would be good, just needed time. I love watching his highlights and not just the Isles game. I watch many highlights and am really happy he is delivering on his potential

Old
03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
Lebanese Leaf

Everyone loves Naz right now, and I'm not doubting anyone in particular, but let's hope all his new supporters will still be supporters when he inevitably hits a rough patch. Our fan base is quick to throw a player under the bus when he's struggling no matter how much success he's shown in the past (see Kessel, Phil).

Old
03-03-2013, 08:03 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebanese Leaf View Post
Everyone loves Naz right now, and I'm not doubting anyone in particular, but let's hope all his new supporters will still be supporters when he inevitably hits a rough patch. Our fan base is quick to throw a player under the bus when he's struggling no matter how much success he's shown in the past (see Kessel, Phil).
Sadly, this is true about leafs fan.

Let's just hope that if Kadri does hit a rough patch, it doesn't last very long and that he somehow makes up for it (like he did in the beginning of the season with the AHL this year).

Old
03-03-2013, 08:11 PM
leafspring*

Keep your expectations in check and enjoy watching our homegrown skill player is my suggestion to everyone. Rielly is the next one that will generate the spotlight for the leafs. I was looking at Seth Jones sitting with 2 points more than Morgan.Jones has played 2 more games,and plays for a powerhouse Portland Winterhawks.

Portland has scored the most goals in the WHL 299. Rielly's Moosejaw Warriors have scored only 162 goals,and sit top 5 worst teams in the WHL. Its a young warriors team though.

He is the best offensive defenseman in the whl easily,and maybe the country. We are going to have to reel in expectations for him also though for a few years of developement. Kadri/Rielly will be stars later on no doubt.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Leaf_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Keep your expectations in check and enjoy watching our homegrown skill player is my suggestion to everyone. Rielly is the next one that will generate the spotlight for the leafs. I was looking at Seth Jones sitting with 2 points more than Morgan.Jones has played 2 more games,and plays for a powerhouse Portland Winterhawks.

Portland has scored the most goals in the WHL 299. Rielly's Moosejaw Warriors have scored only 162 goals,and sit top 5 worst teams in the WHL. Its a young warriors team though.

He is the best offensive defenseman in the whl easily,and maybe the country. We are going to have to reel in expectations for him also though for a few years of developement. Kadri/Rielly will be stars later on no doubt.
Seth Jones is going to be an absolute stud defensively too though.

Old
03-03-2013, 08:53 PM
shully
Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_Crazy View Post
Seth Jones is going to be an absolute stud defensively too though.
And he's a good year younger. Still, no one is doubting Rielly is an elite talent

Old
03-03-2013, 09:34 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by shully View Post
And he's a good year younger. Still, no one is doubting Rielly is an elite talent
Well 7 months younger and still a '94 like Rielly if we are being specific. Plus Rielly is currently tied with him in points while playing 2 less games. But Jones has the size, reach and physicality advantage which separates him. But Rielly is, at the very least, on par with him offensively.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:02 PM
Leaf_Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
Well 7 months younger and still a '94 like Rielly if we are being specific. Plus Rielly is currently tied with him in points while playing 2 less games. But Jones has the size, reach and physicality advantage which separates him. But Rielly is, at the very least, on par with him offensively.
Absolutely.

Jones is going to dominate games though.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:11 PM
zeke
#TeamReimer

Percentage of Team Goals contributed to:

S.Jones: 18.7%
M.Rielly: 29.3%

Jones plays on an absolutely stacked offensive team - top scoring team in the W with 299 goals, 15 goals up on 2nd place, 45 goals up on third best.

Rielly plays on a horrible team, 3rd worst offensive team in the W with 167 goals, only 16 goals up on worst.

I think you'll find that Rielly's offense is much more impressive than Jones'.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
Kingstonian84*

Kadri's getting a bit cocky on twitter after scoring the HT, theres a picture of saying "Another Killer in Toronto" (hints at DG) and then proceeds to THANK him. I'm sorry but as good as Kadri has been this year, he needs to get over himself because he is NOT Gilmour 2.0, kid needs to take several seats if you ask me.

Old
03-03-2013, 10:21 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingstonian84 View Post
Kadri's getting a bit cocky on twitter after scoring the HT, theres a picture of saying "Another Killer in Toronto" (hints at DG) and then proceeds to THANK him. I'm sorry but as good as Kadri has been this year, he needs to get over himself because he is NOT Gilmour 2.0, kid needs to take several seats if you ask me.
Guess we can ignore the fact that Gilmour replied to him, which is prolly why he thanked him.

Doug Gilmour ‏@Gilmour_93
"@43_Kadri: I Don't mind this one bit killer! @Gilmour_93 pic.twitter.com/9OsqODeLbO" you're the best...keep it up

I think this was already posted here. But it was a joke. Im pretty sure Carlyle is making sure he keeps a level head

Old
03-03-2013, 10:24 PM
JVReemer

vCash: 610
Can a mod please close the thread so I can open up a part 2?

Old
03-03-2013, 10:26 PM
TMLeafer

What kind of cocky ******* thanks a compliment? The nerve, I tell ya'!

Old
03-03-2013, 10:26 PM
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVReemer View Post
Can a mod please close the thread so I can open up a part 2?
As requested.

Better get on it!

Closed Thread